Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Is the Pats Dynasty good for the NFL?

I found myself pulling for this team to beat baltimore , even after watching the ravens leave it all on the field. I have no clue why, but i was curious how you guys feel about the affect on the league of having such a dominant team. This team is going to be this good for several years to come and i think will go down as the best team over 10 year period EVER! Players will take pay cuts to win and stay on this team.

Thoughts?

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

At the end I was rooting for them, one of the main reasons is I cannot stand Don Shula or the '72 Dolphins constantly giving their opinion about the Patriots. That and its great watching Tom Brady play.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I'm rooting for them.. Want to see history before my eyes.

chandler1981
    chandler1981's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Usually when I bet on a team that doesn't cover I want them to lose, but for the last two weeks I have been pulling for NE. I have been dumb enough to take them -20 for two weeks straight, and still want them to win. Baltimore gave them a good game, but left more points on the field than Phildelphia did. In short, I echo crazyl and imgv94. I am rooting for a perfect season from the best team I have ever seen. They better step it up because they are proving they aren't unbeatable. But you know what they say; Great teams have to win a couple close ones to win it all! That has been done my friends!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I agree it's kinda cool seeing history be made. But, this seeking of some mathematical perfection is very juvenile. Can anyone with a straight face tell me that the '72 Miami Dolphins were a better team than the '85 Chicago Bears? I didn't think so. If the Pats happen to lose a regular season game, it shouldn't dimish what they've done this year or how this team is remembered. Going 19-0 rather than 18-1 is a trivial novelty to anyone who really understands and appreciates the game.

I think the "19-0" will appeal more to marginal fans.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I agree it's kinda cool seeing history be made. But, this seeking of some mathematical perfection is very juvenile. Can anyone with a straight face tell me that the '72 Miami Dolphins were a better team than the '85 Chicago Bears? I didn't think so. If the Pats happen to lose a regular season game, it shouldn't dimish what they've done this year or how this team is remembered. Going 19-0 rather than 18-1 is a trivial novelty to anyone who really understands and appreciates the game.

I think the "19-0" will appeal more to marginal fans.
    Exactly bro. Pats could be 9-3 right now, I know they're not but if Vinateri made that FG, Aj Feeley didn't throw that INT, and Ryan didn't call a Time out..