emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

Balt Area Residents

Can anyone who lives in the area confirm the wind there today\tonight? Weather.com is saying 25 mph, which most likely would not affect passing. However, I have heard as high as 50 mph, which obviously would. 25 mph difference is huge here. Total is down to 46.5 on bookmaker. As long as the wind is not over 30 mph, I think the over becomes the play. Would consider tease as well (NE-13 and over 40.5)? Again, any help and updates throughout the day would be appreciated. Also, Balt is not an open end stadium correct?

emat

Weather.com now is forecasting winds at gametime in the low 20mph range. That is a normal day where I live. Starting to like the falling total here. 20 mph wind will not affect passing at all.

Bet Locks Only
    Bet Locks Only's Avatar Become A Pro!

THE FORECAST CALL FOR LOW 20MPH BUT RIGHT KNOW I WORKED IN BALTIMORE ALL DAY AND THE WIND WAS BLOWING 40-50MPH CONSISTANLY ALL DAY AND CALMING DOWN FOR ABOUT 5 MINUTES EVER HOUR BEFORE PICKING UP AGAIN BUT I HOPE IT CALMS DOWN BUT CURRENTLY I LIVE ABOUT 20 MINUTES FROM THE STADIUM AND IT IS STILL BLOWING AROUND 40-45MPH CURRENTLY RIGHT KNOW!

emat

Bet,

Wow, so you are saying it should be more like 40 mph winds with occasional let downs to 20 mph. Basically, its gusting more than not. If so, that is definetely a factor tonight. Weather.com made it sound like 20mph winds with occassional gusts, which is much different than what you saying. Any updates would be appreciated.

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is cold in Baltimore right now- mid 30's with intermittent gusty winds (up to 35mph) looking out my office window. Brady would have a tough time passing right now at 4:40 pm est. Balt does not have an open ended stadium; however, winds may swirl around in there.
    Last edited by jon13009; 12-03-07 at 03:40 PM.

babytyger
    babytyger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Thanks for the update on the weather conditions

RJBucs
    RJBucs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 337

i just watched an on field interview from steve young, it didn't look like it was too windy in the stadium. You never know though, they could have been blocking the wind...

patsfan2727
    patsfan2727's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jon13009 View Post
    It is cold in Baltimore right now- mid 30's with intermittent gusty winds (up to 35mph) looking out my office window. Brady would have a tough time passing right now at 4:40 pm est. Balt does not have an open ended stadium; however, winds may swirl around in there.
    Just for you guys' sake, I just went outside on my roof ( I live in a rowhouse about 3 miles from the stadium).
    The wind was so light, I'd estimate about 5-10 mph, with occaisional gusts of what seemed like 20 mph MAYBE.
    Take into account this is 3 stories up, on my ROOF. they play in a stadium with 4 big sides. the wind shouldn't be too much of a factor. It is cool, there were a few flakes of snow before but it's clear now.

I am personally still going to take the over, like to see the line dropping. and NE -20 or better

patsfan2727

Quote Originally Posted by Bet Locks Only View Post
    THE FORECAST CALL FOR LOW 20MPH BUT RIGHT KNOW I WORKED IN BALTIMORE ALL DAY AND THE WIND WAS BLOWING 40-50MPH CONSISTANLY ALL DAY AND CALMING DOWN FOR ABOUT 5 MINUTES EVER HOUR BEFORE PICKING UP AGAIN BUT I HOPE IT CALMS DOWN BUT CURRENTLY I LIVE ABOUT 20 MINUTES FROM THE STADIUM AND IT IS STILL BLOWING AROUND 40-45MPH CURRENTLY RIGHT KNOW!

50 mph constantly? hahaha. dude thats like a hurricane. check your barometer

SlipperyRockBook
    SlipperyRockBook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea wind is not to terrible I live 1 hour away from the stadium.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36693

I don't live in Baltimore, but if you go to http://www.wunderground.com/US/MD/Baltimore.html

it updates the weather every 30 seconds including the wind. The wind has never been more than 20mph and the gusts have never shown to be over 29mph.

Also Accuweather.com has stated that the wind advisory in effect has been cancelled. This info isn't nearly as good as the people posting who live around the stadium, but in addition to what those guys are saying, i'm going to say that it's not going to play that big of a role.
    Last edited by cobra_king; 12-03-07 at 06:10 PM. Reason: typo

RJBucs

haha dude you went on your roof. That is sweet. That is a dedicated gambler right there.

hi-rez
    hi-rez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RJBucs View Post
    haha dude you went on your roof. That is sweet. That is a dedicated gambler right there.
    Yeah dude, hardcore right there. Someone get that guy a beer!

Ditaln1
    Ditaln1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

I'm watching the countdown on ESPN.. They did say the winds are about 30 MPH and gusts up to 50. Looks kind of windy there actually..

RJBucs

Quote Originally Posted by hi-rez View Post
    Yeah dude, hardcore right there. Someone get that guy a beer!
    the funny thing is I can actually see him up there. Licking his finger, sticking it in the air, 'Yep winds aren't too bad'.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Benny A
    Benny A's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan2727 View Post
    Just for you guys' sake, I just went outside on my roof ( I live in a rowhouse about 3 miles from the stadium).
    The wind was so light, I'd estimate about 5-10 mph, with occaisional gusts of what seemed like 20 mph MAYBE.
    Take into account this is 3 stories up, on my ROOF. they play in a stadium with 4 big sides. the wind shouldn't be too much of a factor. It is cool, there were a few flakes of snow before but it's clear now.

I am personally still going to take the over, like to see the line dropping. and NE -20 or better
    Dude, this is the best info yet for todays game. Everyone seems to be blowing this weather thing out of proportion. We ought to use you more often on the rooftop . I like NE -18' (TheGreek) and the Over 46' right now.

patsfan2727

Quote Originally Posted by Benny A View Post
    Dude, this is the best info yet for todays game. Everyone seems to be blowing this weather thing out of proportion. We ought to use you more often on the rooftop . I like NE -18' (TheGreek) and the Over 46' right now.
    haha glad you guys appreciate my help. So the rooftop test wasn't enough for me, plus I needed a mousetrap too, so I went to Walmart 1 mile from the stadium. I have to announce that the winds seem to have picked up near M&T bank....they were definitely in the 20mph range.

And no, I didn't stick my finger up in the air when I was on my roof. I did, however, have time to ponder funny statements such as, "IT WAS BLOWING 50 MPH ALL DAY OUTSIDE MY OFFICE BUILDING"

jon13009

50 mph constantly? hahaha. dude thats like a hurricane. check your barometer
    Nice cal pal. The winds are swirling around in there. Did you see the commentators before the game?

You may win your bet and cover the over, but your assessment of the winds in that stadium from your rooftop was wrong.
    Last edited by jon13009; 12-03-07 at 08:50 PM.

patsfan2727

Nice cal pal. The winds are swirling around in there. Did you see the commentators before the game?

You may win your bet and cover the over, but your assessment of the winds in that stadium from your rooftop was wrong.
    haha, because assessing winds inside your office building is right?

RJBucs

haha nice!

jon13009

haha, because assessing winds inside your office building is right?
    I have a window that I can open you jerk.

All those people who listened to you are wondering what kind of a rooftop you have.

Taking advice from an idiot who thinks the winds wont swirl in the stadium and watches the games from his rooftop instead of inside the stadium and is a pats fan is moronic.

Listening to the idiots who give advice here is a thing of wonder.
    Last edited by jon13009; 12-03-07 at 09:40 PM.

patsfan2727

I have a window that I can open you jerk.

All those people who listened to you are wondering what kind of a rooftop you have.

Taking advice from an idiot who thinks the winds wont swirl in the stadium and watches the games from his rooftop instead of inside the stadium and is a pats fan is moronic.

Listening to the idiots who give advice here is a thing of wonder.

I wonder if this guy had the UNDER? haha...

If you had listened to me, you would have taken the OVER and been fine. But instead you're pissed off that I reported the conditions in Baltimore. Don't be mad at me that you made a poor bet dude, thats just in poor taste.