Megatron81
    Megatron81's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh with more rain...

what you guys think man the total is now 44 and its suppose to rain from saturday until sunday night, i want to say take the under or am i just to caught up in what happened monday night??

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

That field still has to be in terrible shape. If the forcast does indeed call for rain I would pound the under. BTW, welcome to SBR.

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would take the under regardless, rain is a bigtime added bonus.

patsfan2727
    patsfan2727's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    That field still has to be in terrible shape. If the forcast does indeed call for rain I would pound the under. BTW, welcome to SBR.
    If the field is anything like it was on Monday night's game, the o/u could be 21 and I'd still take the under. If you can't run the ball, throw it b/c its raining OR kick field goals, having both teams score more than 40+ pts is a JOKE! I can't believe the O/U is this high! Even in perfect conditions, I would like the under....

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I think taking the under will be an excellent play if the field is in that bad of shape. I think they will do some work on it, so it may not be all the bad if it don't rain that is, and from what I have seen it could rain that night again. I would take the under in a heart beat if it was raining like it did on Monday.

louis
    louis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 431

Total has already dropped but looks like a good bet

yea, this may be why the total opened at 48 and is at 42.5 now.

They are expecting rain off and on Saturday, and then right before the game on Sunday.

There is no time or way to fix the field if it rains on Sunday right before, and possibility into the game.

We saw what happened last week with missed field goals, and balls that land and stick to the ground like they are coated in some type of glue.

I'm taking the game under 42.5 right now. It looks like a defensive battle again, anyhow, even if it does not rain. Pittsburg has a great defense, and their main strength on offense is running the ball that doesn't drive up totals as much as passing, anyhow.

If you wait to bet this right before the game, the line may have already included the information.

Pittsburgh is gong to have to run the ball. Cincinnatti can try what they want against Pittsburgh's defense, but this looks like a low scoring game to me anyhow. I don't quite undertsand the high total. Cincinnatti's defense sucks, so pittsburgh is going to win the game, but I think Pittsburgh will do more running in this game than passing. This is a 21 to 14 or 21 to 10 type of game here.

I am not taking the spread, but I think Pittsburgh has some advantage in the rain.
    Last edited by louis; 12-01-07 at 04:27 AM.

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

The weather and the field could definately be factors, but don't discount the fact that these Steelers have played two easy opponents ( Jets and Fins) and they did not play them well. A team like Pittsburgh may come out with every intention of running up the score on Cincy just to prove they are the caliber team they are. Plus, with the Pats up next week, they'll wanna build up their confidence and work out their offense. I look for 38-6.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl View Post
    The weather and the field could definately be factors, but don't discount the fact that these Steelers have played two easy opponents ( Jets and Fins) and they did not play them well. A team like Pittsburgh may come out with every intention of running up the score on Cincy just to prove they are the caliber team they are. Plus, with the Pats up next week, they'll wanna build up their confidence and work out their offense. I look for 38-6.
    Cincinatti will be running up the score on Pittsburgh. I hope the total keeps dropping, I'm taking the OVER.

WhoDEY
    WhoDEY's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take it from a long time Bengals Fan that has seen every Bengals/Pitt since the early 90's... I really think that it will be over the 42 total... For Three reasons... ONE... the bengals can put up some points on anyone... TWO... The Bengals give up points like its no ones business... Three... If they do lose the game it will be because of turnovers they set up easy scores... Needless to say I like the OVER

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    Cincinatti will be running up the score on Pittsburgh. I hope the total keeps dropping, I'm taking the OVER.
    Cincinnati has two "n"s and one "t," and how do you figure and offense like Cincy's is going to run up the score on the top-ranked defense in the NFL?

tblues2005

I don't see any running up the score if they field is any kind of shape like it was on Monday Night, it was like running in mud out there.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

OVER.

The reason the field was such a joke was because they had 2 levels of grass on it. They fixed it. It will drain much better.

NapoleonEli
    NapoleonEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im staying UNDER on this one .. .

curious

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl View Post
    Cincinnati has two "n"s and one "t," and how do you figure and offense like Cincy's is going to run up the score on the top-ranked defense in the NFL?
    Oh, I don't know, maybe because Cinncinatit runs up the score everytime they play. and don't be bringing up all these games that pittsburgh played where they held their opponent to very low scores. LOL

OrionSky
    OrionSky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

...Cinncinatit...

Sportsgirl

Oh, I don't know, maybe because Cinncinatit runs up the score everytime they play. and don't be bringing up all these games that pittsburgh played where they held their opponent to very low scores. LOL
    The last two games these teams have played - including the one this season:

Oct 28, 2007 CIN 13, @PIT 24
    Dec 31, 2006 CIN 17, @PIT 23

If you call 13 and 17 points "running up the score" then "LOL" is appropriate.

Since Oct. 2001, it's a 10-4 record between these teams in favor of Pittsburgh.

luciano
    luciano's Avatar Become A Pro!

yup snow showers tonight and rain tomorrow and snow tomorrow night, should be a mess. They had the field in decent shape from what the local news has been saying.

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

well the weather outside is frightful, but the game should be delightful, i'm certain the score will be low, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Always_Over
    Always_Over's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its Sleet here in Pittsburgh
    Take Pittsburgh and Under

chandler1981
    chandler1981's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

total already moved to 40

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take Under on this game

tblues2005

It is bad weather for tonight once again yes I would take the under for sure.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

But Cinci has no defense. They would give up 20 points to a high school team NO PROBLEM.

McRich
    McRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have action today on the under at 45 with a non web service. I was surprised when I got that number today. Let's go under!!!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I got UNDER 45.5 on Thursday. I see it is down to 38.5.

Maybe I can hit the OVER too, for a middle op.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would looker. You certainly have alot of room to work with.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    I would looker. You certainly have alot of room to work with.
    I will wait closer to gametime, maybe that baby will drop to 35. Having 10 points to play with would be nice.

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

i'm going w/ under 20 1H

vanman
    vanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    I got UNDER 45.5 on Thursday. I see it is down to 38.5.

Maybe I can hit the OVER too, for a middle op.
    Got under 45 yesterday,looking for a good middle.

curious

Looking good so far 0-0

Looking good so far still 0-0

Crutch
    Crutch's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would take cinci and the points

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Looking good so far still 0-0
    Yep, but the game starts at 5:15PM PST.

Looks like it is sitting on 38. Lets see how the chasers push this one after the games today.

beaneaters
    beaneaters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2031

nice call curious. lol.

vanman
    vanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

line at 39 with pinny,40 at canbet.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by vanman View Post
    line at 39 with pinny,40 at canbet.
    Yeah, looks like it is moving back up. I see 40's popping up at a few spots.

12 Last