shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

packers +6.5.

Dallas Cowboys Green Bay Packers
    Asian Handicap Line Cowboys -6.5 : Packers +6.5

This game is on THURSDAY evening, so make no mistakes when it comes time to getting your bets in for it. You all know there is no questioning of my fanhood and my love of my team the Packers...that being said...this game is nothing short of tragedy for me. It should be the most exciting time in my life as the Packers are playing their most important game in the last 5 years of their franchise and they are on the verge of being an NFL power yet again for years to come and this game is the culmination of all of that! HOWEVER, yours truly, has to work this Thursday night and will miss the entire game with the possibility of not even getting to listen to it on the radio. As absolutely heart smashed as I am, the game will be played and I will give you a tip.

You all also know that I don't take much stock in the ATS numbers, however, as I once in a while say, some of them are just too obvious to mistake...here are the Packers ATS numbers so far for the year...

The Packers are 9-1 ATS.

The Packers are 5-0 ATS away.

The Packers are 4-0 ATS as the underdog.

The Packers are 2-0 ATS as an away underdog.

Now, again, I'm not a brain surgeon or anything make no mistake about that...however, I'm no donkey either. I see that the Packers are being underrated by Las Vegas line setters again and again and again...and anyone who has been betting on them every game this year (example is yours truly! yesss!)...has been making a quite good profit on the continued bad lines they are getting. Well, this match is no different. The Packers are being given 6.5 points here. I see this game coming down to a FG...in fact, I give the Packers a very high chance to win this one outright because of the level of QB play on each side of the ball. Sure, Tony Romo is a rising star in the opinions of most people...however, he is largely inexperienced in big games...and this game is easily bigger than last years playoff game where he lost the game for his team by not being able to handle a snap on a FG attempt as time ran out. More importantly...Brett Favre has been in situations like these numerous times in his career from Super Bowl games to NFC Championship games to 20 playoff games to winning 3 MVP awards and so on and so on. So what does all this mean? Well, Tony Romo looked very very average against the Patriots, he looked scared to be honest. In any pressure he looks to scramble, and that won't work against GB. It will allow the Packers to keep this game close, and 6.5 points in a joke. the spread should be 3 points, max. However, we will benefit from this, and I'm going to tip the Packers at +6.5 and bank on this game coming down to a FG either way and who cares who wins as we win the bet.

Wait, that's not true. Go Packers!! They win it by a FG and we cover our bet!

Pick : Packers +6.5
    Odds : 2.00
    Stake : 9 / 10
    Bookmaker : BetCris
    Date : 2007-11-29

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I like the Packers also but it is on turf and Green Bay usually has a problem in the past on turf. I would be careful on this game.

swifty
    swifty's Avatar Become A Pro!

suck when you can't watch it on TV have to go to the track or a bar to watch it. for the record they can keep there big money and kiss there azz the rich get richer what a joke

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

i will DEFINATLY be taking packers ml and spread. if packers cant win this game they will definatly cover spread packers defense can match up perfectly against dallas (hopefully woodson plays)

tusky26
    tusky26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    i will DEFINATLY be taking packers ml and spread. if packers cant win this game they will definatly cover spread packers defense can match up perfectly against dallas (hopefully woodson plays)
    ok. I'm new to the site, and have been reading for a few weeks. You guys have given me some great picks over the last couple weeks, and also solidified some of my choices. I learned that without studying, I lose. My question is, what does ml stand for? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I gotta learn somehow. Thanks again.

namdeezy
    namdeezy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

ML = moneyline. its where you bet for them to win straight up.

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

at this point i am all over the pack...one of my favorite picks of the week, 7's lookin like too many points. i got them to win su but i only bet ats, i figure i'll just take the easy money!!!

tusky26

Quote Originally Posted by namdeezy View Post
    ML = moneyline. its where you bet for them to win straight up.
    so the payout is better when you don't take the spread. ?

luciano
    luciano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tusky26 View Post
    so the payout is better when you don't take the spread. ?
    yes if you bet the dog

tusky26

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    yes if you bet the dog
    SWEET! thanks for the education.

outdrawed
    outdrawed's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Sure, Tony Romo is a rising star in the opinions of most people...however, he is largely inexperienced in big games...and this game is easily bigger than last years playoff game where he lost the game for his team by not being able to handle a snap on a FG attempt as time ran out."

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. This is so...illogical. First of all, this game isn't even close to being as big as a playoff game. Secondly, the fact you would use a silly botched snap (by the way, he gets paid to throw the ball well, not hold it), to justify the fact he sucks in big games is just wretched.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Take the Packers with the points, especially if you can get 7. Packers can play with the 'boys and will hang in there to the end, if not win outright.

Also, take Dallas ML if you think KGB & Woodson's injuries are enough to affect the outcome of the game. I do. KGB & Woodson are key to the Packer's pass D. If they are less than 100%, Romo will find the soft spots and on the critical last possession do enough to get the winning score if not kneeling by then.

Mr Charles 76
    Mr Charles 76's Avatar Become A Pro!

I already put in my bet. I took GB ML at + 220 for 300 Bones. Payout is $660.00 plus my 300. GB will win by 1 to 3 points. Book It! (as Skip Bayless says)

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Take the Packers with the points, especially if you can get 7. Packers can play with the 'boys and will hang in there to the end, if not win outright.

Also, take Dallas ML if you think KGB & Woodson's injuries are enough to affect the outcome of the game. I do. KGB & Woodson are key to the Packer's pass D. If they are less than 100%, Romo will find the soft spots and on the critical last possession do enough to get the winning score if not kneeling by then.
    i would never take a ml of a team giving 7, personally