luciano
    luciano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some info for the MNF game

Heinz field was destroyed over the weekend. 4 HS football championship games and the Pitt game Saturday. So they have resodded the surface but its been raining non-stop and I hear its going to all day, I live close to Pittsburgh.

Dont know if this help anyone but just figured Id let you guys know. Im not betting anything in this game but I usually dont bet Steeler games anyway because Im a fan and just enjoy watching the game.

My HS lost 61-12 in the AA game on Friday

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Heinz field was destroyed over the weekend. 4 HS football championship games and the Pitt game Saturday. So they have resodded the surface but its been raining non-stop and I hear its going to all day, I live close to Pittsburgh.

Dont know if this help anyone but just figured Id let you guys know. Im not betting anything in this game but I usually dont bet Steeler games anyway because Im a fan and just enjoy watching the game.

My HS lost 61-12 in the AA game on Friday
    Great info. It is much appreciated.
    Last edited by The Seer; 11-26-07 at 07:34 AM. Reason: spelling

biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

Does this really matter in the game if the field is a little out of sync with the way it usually is?

is the under the play now?

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Nah, Pitt is still the play, Maimi is dreadful

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Nice post luciano!

If the surface is slippery (loose sod), it would probably benefit the passing games, since the receivers know which way they are going and the defenders may go down on the cuts.

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Nice post luciano!

If the surface is slippery (loose sod), it would probably benefit the passing games, since the receivers know which way they are going and the defenders may go down on the cuts.
    That is the truth, same with snow, but the only one who seems to have been able to exploit this on a regular basis is Marino, everybody else seems to play it like throwing would be a nightmare. Just take a look at the Giants in London ths year.

This all doesn't matter tonight, its gonna be Parker left, Parker right, Parker Middle.

DrunkenLullaby
    DrunkenLullaby's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RageWizard View Post
    That is the truth, same with snow, but the only one who seems to have been able to exploit this on a regular basis is Marino, everybody else seems to play it like throwing would be a nightmare. Just take a look at the Giants in London ths year.

This all doesn't matter tonight, its gonna be Parker left, Parker right, Parker Middle.
    Just ask the Ravens if Ben knows how to exploit a wet field or not.

RageWizard

I'm not saying that pittsburgh doesn't know how to play when it rains, all I'm saying is I would be surprised if Big Ben puts it up more than 20 times. Like I typed in my pick of the week, last Wednesday. Nothing has changed.

DrunkenLullaby

Quote Originally Posted by RageWizard View Post
    I'm not saying that pittsburgh doesn't know how to play when it rains, all I'm saying is I would be surprised if Big Ben puts it up more than 20 times. Like I typed in my pick of the week, last Wednesday. Nothing has changed.
    ...then you might want to pick up some Under 17.5 completions for Ben...unless you expect him to complete 90%.

RageWizard

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenLullaby View Post
    ...then you might want to pick up some Under 17.5 completions for Ben...unless you expect him to complete 90%.

That sounds like a decent Idea. I don't usually bet props but I may throw a half a unit on that one. I think its gonna be a beat down anyway. Kinda like the baltimore game earlier. It is also possible for ben to go 18-20 for 275 yards and three TDs. Since I'm at work I can't do this until around 6:30 when I get home, but I'll be thinking about it.

DrunkenLullaby

Luciano, sorry about your HS beatdown.

Have you read/heard anywhere if they've been able to keep a tarp over the new sod as soon as they've progressed through this project over the weekend? I would imagine it's easy to tarp a completed field, but I'm not sure how they would tarp a work in progress. I can't find that info in any articles that I've come across.

Also, it looks like the rain is slowing down. Is that true?

Thanks for any help,
    DL

luciano

It has slowed down a bit but it is still raining. I dont know about the tarping, I havent heard anything about that.

Tonight, I look for Parker to slip a lot more than he usually does on Heinz field. He slips a lot on the Heinz surface when it is dry for some reason.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Steelers probably like their field being absolute trash, especially in the winter and in sloppy conditions. It fits their "rawr, we are Steelers and play so smashmouth and tough" image. I personally think its stupid.

DrunkenLullaby

Thanks Luciano.

DrunkenLullaby

Thanks again Luciano!

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep, good use of local information there, Luciano. I played the Under, teased the Under with the Phins +22... Should have parlayed that bet instead.

many thanks for the good info.

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks to all the weathermen here today!! easy money

luciano

glad it helped you guys out. I knew the field would be in bad shape but I had no clue it was going to be that bad, lol.

You have to like boring football if you are a Steelers fan but that game was excruciatingly boring.

dodif
    dodif's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    Nah, Pitt is still the play, Maimi is dreadful

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    glad it helped you guys out. I knew the field would be in bad shape but I had no clue it was going to be that bad, lol.

You have to like boring football if you are a Steelers fan but that game was excruciatingly boring.
    I was born in Pittsburgh and am I lifelong fan not only of the Steelers, but of the game of football and I swtiched between the game and "Heroes"