20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Wash, coaches, pass the crack pipe this way

Maybe I missed something because I"m following it on NFL.com, but washington gets to the 4 yard line and blows it. Turns it over on downs nada. You are down by 9 points you have to come away with points here. Take the FG (yes I bet on Wash but that really wouldn't matter here at all unless I was on TB). You need 2 scores to win so you need the points.

As it turns out they go later and get a field goal. They could be 3 points to tie it but now still need a td (or 2 FG's to tie).

Some please explain this to me, I"m obviously not in the loop here.

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

its called gambling--------, wash, played[ yeah right ] dallas tough, before dallas blew out jets on turkey day and now all the money was on washington!!!!!!always watch the $$$$$$$$$ line

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some bad football today. Washington has almost three times more yards passing, and more rushing yards. And they lose the game!

Bad loss for Washington backers (such as yours truly).

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

I understand gambling. But even take gambling out of it. If you are playing to win a football game and need to 2 scores you HAVE to take points when there. Those 3 coupled with the other field goal now make it a 3 point game. Now late in the game they don't have to press for the TD a field goal ties it up. Of course they may have still shot for the end zone and gave up the late INT but they would have done so playing good football.

It almost seems as though washington didn't want to win or cover.

On to the next game.

Bigcrank23
    Bigcrank23's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree 20four7, as conservative as Joe gibbs has played all year I was really suprized when he passed on the field goal trys earlier in the 2nd half, I'm just pissed because washington is my team and a win would have put them in great position for a wild card spot with tiebreakers over detroit and the bucs. Oh well this is how there whole season has gone.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9410

Jason Campbell is a losing quarterback. Three straight weeks, he had a chance to win the game for his team inside the 20 and failed each time. Redskins are going nowhere with him. He can throw for 300 yards between the 20s but can't get his team into the end zone when it counts.