4FUN.AND$$
    4FUN.AND$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas / Green Bay

Will the next Thursday line open at a simple Dallas -3 for the Thursday matchup ? Both teams 10-1 and no distinct difference in the teams IMO excet Dallas running game and Dallas home field advantage.... Romo will get Farve's autograph then beat him in a last minute thriller ?

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

I think Dallas is widely viewed as the slightly better team. I expect them to be about a 4-4.5 point favourite. But we shall see. It's obvious Green Bay has the better D, so we'll see how much that sways it.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Id set it at Dallas -5.5

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

i got it at dallas -3...i'm not touching the game unless it goes to -6 though.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

dallas will open up as -4.5,-5

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Cowboys open -4.5.

GB better have Woodson back if they are to have any chance.

Needless to say this is a huge game, with the winner having the inside track on home field advantage and likely a spot in the Super Bowl.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm very interested to see the total on this game.

Sides? DAL 2H.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Favre is 0-8 lifetime in Dallas fellas. I think Dallas is gonna crush Green Bay.

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Favre is 0-8 lifetime in Dallas fellas. I think Dallas is gonna crush Green Bay.
    I agree 100%. I feel Dallas will go up big. Something like 42 - 21. The turf will only add to Dallas' quickness on the blitz, and the odds Favre can get through that succesfully at this point in his career is slim to none. The career 0-8 record in Dallas is just an added bonus on our side. If Favre pulls off some miracle, this is the cinderella team of the year. lol. Anyways, I'm praying for the -3 like everyone else, but doubt we'll see it. -4.5 or -5.5 is my prediction.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Wow, I'd set the line at 7 or 8 depending how Woodson is doing. Packers have never had success at Dallas, but maybe that's my '90's memories giving me nightmares again. These Cowboys aren't the '90's Cowboys... yet. But these Packers aren't the '90's Packers either... yet. Interesting to note that both of these teams are young and it's exciting to imagine that both teams may get a lot better by the time they rematch in the playoffs. This game is almost a warmup.

4FUN.AND$$
    4FUN.AND$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the total will be around 50 much like the Houston/ New Orleans O/U last week. I checked and my local does not have this up yet. I have watched Dallas all year as I am 5 minutes from the practice field and every week going into the game I am worried about their pass defense. The secondary is very beatable IF the quarterback can get at least 4 seconds to pass. Good luck to all and hope everyone had a great turkey day.

Crutch
    Crutch's Avatar Become A Pro!

it will be close, but dallas takes it

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Offenses: slight nod to Dallas
    Defenses: bigger nod to Packers. Favre, as he's playing now, can pick this defense apart.

The line should be somewhat inflated towards Dallas. Big game, lot of oil money on Cowboys. I think the line will open at DAL -3.5 or -4, but I'm hoping for -7.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I wonder if there is anywhere that will open this line early? There's no need to wait, is there?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

No idea why the game isn't on the board yet. Key injuries?
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 11-23-07 at 02:23 PM.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

woodson left game with injury, KGB got banged up, the pack already had a player on their DL out going into the lions game, and donald driver also seemed to hurt his ankle.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

i LOVE greenbay in this game greenbay is the best nfc team in my opinion and at home greenbay should b able 2 pull out tis game both teams will probably put up points..but wat team has ab etter chance of shutting down the other offense? greenbay take greenbay at +4 or higher

Freakshow
    Freakshow's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont think Dallas has chance. I think the packers give it to them

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    i LOVE greenbay in this game greenbay is the best nfc team in my opinion and at home greenbay should b able 2 pull out tis game both teams will probably put up points..but wat team has ab etter chance of shutting down the other offense? greenbay take greenbay at +4 or higher
    I'd agree with ya if this game was at Lambeau. I think you read the sched wrong though man. The game will be in Dallas.

Thomasha7
    Thomasha7's Avatar Become A Pro!

You know I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think Dallas will pull out the win. I want to go with my heart so bad, but I have to be honest. I think it will be close though as GB has started to run the ball a little bit. But I think that since it's in Dallas that they for sure have the advantage.

Can I just be honest again and say that it's just painful to admit that I think GB is going to lose because I freakin hate Dallas. Either you love them or you hate them. I cheer for any team that plays against them. It made it even worse when T.O. went there. And I can admit that T.O. is a good player, I just can't stand him.

Alright I'll get off my soap box. For once in my life I hope I'm wrong and GB can pull out a win.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well Thomas I think it will be pretty close, that is assuming Driver and Woodson play. I think Dallas will probably end up with the win, but I have a feeling Green Bay will upset them in the playoffs.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Dallas had a lot of luck to get this record. They got lucky breaks at home against Minnesota and against Washington, plus somehow pulled out a miracle win at Buffalo. Their record could have been 7-4 just as easily. I didn't see as many GB games, but what I have seen was a lot more convincing. Seems like a well-oiled machine.

I'll still be on DAL 2H. That's the sweetest thing in the NFL right now.

Thomasha7

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    Well Thomas I think it will be pretty close, that is assuming Driver and Woodson play. I think Dallas will probably end up with the win, but I have a feeling Green Bay will upset them in the playoffs.

Man I hope your right. I know that they will both make the playoffs, but I just hope they both get the chance to meet up again. Although if someone like maybe the cardinals knocked off Dallas in the playoffs it sure wouldn't hurt my feelings.

BTW I'm pretty sure Driver will be playing. He just got smacked up on the lower leg when he was blocking for Grant. He played just a few plays later in the game. He's alright. But I'm with ya on Woodson. He needs to be in there to help with T.O.

I'm going to make a prediction though right now, and put myself out there. I say that GB gets at least three sacks. One or two from Kampman, and the other from KGB, or Poppinga. IMO.

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think GB takes this in one of the most exciting games of the year.....Both QBs have been told they resemble each other and both look like they are just out there throwing the ball in the back yard.....very high scoring game.....I think Greenbay will win in overtime.

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like gb in the nfc and in this game, woodson is obviously a major injury but i love gb's pass rush (although romo is a magician at avoiding that), run defense (gb's linebackers are studs), and spread offense (those 5 wr sets they run out there with brett as the field general are lethal). overall dallas has more individual talent but gb imo has it where it counts, don't get me wrong i'm not betting a DIME on this one but i can't wait to watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thomasha7

Let me tell you what sucks right now for me, and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what to do. My wife and I planned and paid for a trip to Disney Land before the season started. I knew that Dallas and Green Bay were playing the Thursday we would be at Disney Land, but didn't think it would be that big of a deal if I missed one game this year. I have the NFL package on my dish, and I have the NFL network so I knew I shouldn't miss a game this season if I didn't want to.

Well I don't know if the hotel has NFL network who is broadcasting the game or not, but if they do I think I will be leaving the wife and kids at the park to go back to the Hotel to watch the game. I'll probably get cut off for months if you know what I mean, but I would rather see the game. I can always take care of my own business if you still know what I mean.

Worst case senerio. I have a DVR at home and will be recording the game so even if the hotel doesn't get NFL network I will still see the game, it just won't be until late Sunday Night.

I guess well see what happens.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Quote Originally Posted by mv09 View Post
    Id set it at Dallas -5.5
    Dallas -7

DAYUUUUUMMMM

What does Vegas see that I dont

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Quote Originally Posted by mv09 View Post
    Dallas -7

DAYUUUUUMMMM

What does Vegas see that I dont
    I think the line should be 5.5,5 but I think Vegas knows no matter what the line is the public will pound dallas and righfully so because Dallas will win, they should win easily since it is at dallas.