slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I can get the Eagles +25, now. I'm not betting this one either way, unless I can get +28. It's just hilarious to watch this happen. It's uncharted waters in NFL history! lmao

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I can get the Eagles +25, now. I'm not betting this one either way, unless I can get +28. It's just hilarious to watch this happen. It's uncharted waters in NFL history! lmao
    I was thinking the same thing last night. What line would i need to bet this game. Pats -17 or Eagles +31 is what I would need. Anything between that I am not touching it. Amazing how my needed gap is so large is what I was thinking about as i was going to sleep last night.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

It goes without saying this game will make or break alot of teasers. The spread is scarey but people want to bet on this game. I'd guess a lot of bettors want to take 31 points and cheer the clock on.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

mcnabb was just listed as out. I assume the line will move a little

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

They are better off with him out than playing hobbled.

To me this is a no brainer. I'll take the eagles. They have a decent defense. No one will make $ long term laying 24+ points in the NFL.

andybord
    andybord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

To me the play is either NE or nothing...Do you really think Philly is going to score over 10 pts?

I love NE. They bought me a new car this year.

I feel more comfortable with NE -16 in the first half then I do with the game line though.

Good luck.

louis
    louis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 431

Pats betters need to come up with some reasons

pats average win per game this season: 25.4. Current best line on the Eagles 24.5. 25 is not a key number, 24 is.

The Eagles are #6 in offense and #9 out of 30 teams in defense according to nfl.com, in terms of total yards gained or allowed per game.

Of course there are other statistics, but if you are going to bet the Pats, you need to come up with some reasons why the Eagles are worse than the Pats opposition to date. Just Mcmahon being out doesn't seem to be enough in my opinion.

This game is either a pass (do not bet), or bet the Eagles. I can't see betting the Pats at -24 unless you can come up with reasons why the Eagles are worse than the other teams the Pats played. I can't come up with any reasons, other than playing in Foxboro, but the rankings include the team's home and away games. The Eagles seem to be ranked at least equal to, if not better than all the other teams in the league in almost all statistical areas. The Eagles are substantially better than the Bills.

I would not bet a teaser, if you like the Eagles take them +24.5. "24" is a key number and the extra 1/2 point is worth A LOT. With 24.5 the Eagles are basically getting the Pats average victory margin over 10 games.
    Last edited by louis; 11-24-07 at 05:17 PM.

andybord

I agree that 24 is a high number for any NFL team to cover, but basing your argument on averages could get you in trouble.

Take out the 56-21 Det game for Philly. That would drop Philly to the 15th best offense in the league and would drop their pts per game to 16.6.

NE has scored below 34 once this year. Philly has scored above 17 3x. I see NE winning 41-10.

I'll take NE 9-1 ATS over some inflated averages any day.

To me, Philly isn't much better than a Buffalo team that had won 4 out of 5. Are you telling me if Buffalo played Philly right now in Buffalo without McNabb, you would take Philly?

I'm taking the 1st half line for NE @ -16, but i'm not betting the farm on it. I don't think anyone should bet the farm on this game. I do think NE will be up by over 24 at some point in the game, but garbage time in the 4th Q could make 24 pts too big.

louis
    louis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 431

you may have made a good argument, but I'll pass

My post just says, if you are going to take the Pats, you really need to show that Eagles are worse than the average team the Pats have played. If you think the Eagles are about equal to the average team the Pats have played, why is laying 24.5 points that great of a bet, when the Pats average win is 25.4 points?

I actually think you may have made a good argument that you can't just go with averages. I really don't know how good the Eagles second string QB is going to turn out.

I don't think the Eagles will stop the Pats offense, but they will slow it down better than the Bills. The question is whether the Eagles can put up enough points to make it a closer game than the spread. I'm not convinced that simply losing McMahon says no they can't. I'm passing on this game. I don't see a great bet either way.
    Last edited by louis; 11-24-07 at 06:45 PM.

andybord

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    My post just says, if you are going to take the Pats, you really need to show that Eagles are worse than the average team the Pats have played. If you think the Eagles are about equal to the average team the Pats have played, why is laying 24.5 points that great of a bet, when the Pats average win is 25.4 points?

I actually think you may have made a good argument that you can't just go with averages. I really don't know how good the Eagles second string QB is going to turn out.

I don't think the Eagles will stop the Pats offense. The question is whether the Eagles can put up enough points to make it a closer game than the spread. I'm not convinced that simply losing McMahon says no they can't. I'm passing on this game. I don't see a great bet either way.
    Well said. The McNabb thing just adds to the confusion on this game.

I'm thinking if this wasn't a national game, I would probably shy away from it altogether. I was 50x more confident about NE last week. I took every line...all 4 qtrs, both halves and the game and ended up almost quadrupling my bankroll. I love NE.

jdwars
    Update your status
    jdwars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Louis

Just Mcmahon being out doesn't seem to be enough in my opinion.

I'm not convinced that simply losing McMahon says no they can't.

Cloak & Dagger
    Cloak & Dagger's Avatar Become A Pro!

well for all the eagles backers

you should chant "Feeley" "Feeley" or however you spell his name...heh

Im thinking in my mind....AJ Feeley vs NE.....what exactly are PHIL backers thinking about??

I got it at -22 monday night.....

I wish you guys all the luck....I really do
    Last edited by Cloak & Dagger; 11-25-07 at 12:54 AM.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

FIgured I would bump this to the top and collect my 6dimes. =)

First 12