roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

he's obviously having the best SEASON of all-time and if he gets a fourth ring, the td record, and an undefeated season that would at least give him a case for being the best ever...my vote goes to montana though, best i've ever seen!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

It's getting tougher and tougher to make a case against Brady. This is coming from an ardent Colts & Packers fan. If you ask me to pick between Tom, Peyton & Brett, the answer is, "YES!". I'll easily put Brady in the class with Manning & Favre in NFL history. As for putting him up there with Montana, Elway, etc, let's let his career play itself out and let it speak for itself. This type of comparing across eras really doesn't mean much until after his career is over.

Brady made me a believer last year in the AFC championship. The rest of you guys saw incomplete passes, maybe. I don't know what you saw. I saw 2 touchdown passes bounce off the hands of Caldwell in the 4th quarter. Brady didn't blink. He went right back to it and tried to run the next play. That's the highest calibre you can expect from a QB. Put the ball in the WRs hands and execute. He did that to perfection. You can't blame the guy if his WR chokes in the clutch. That's on the management for putting a choker into a critical situation, which begs the question of not resigning Branch last year, blah blah blah. But the front office put all of that to rest this season, by signing the hottest 3 WRs available in the NFL. haha.

Fortunately, as a fan. We'll see the Brady vs Manning play out over the next decade. It'll be back & forth, IMHO. Last year was Peyton's year. This year is Tom's.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Brady made me a believer last year in the AFC championship. The rest of you guys saw incomplete passes, maybe. I don't know what you saw. I saw 2 touchdown passes bounce off the hands of Caldwell in the 4th quarter. Brady didn't blink. He went right back to it and tried to run the next play. That's the highest calibre you can expect from a QB.
    This is an excellent point, I agree with your whole post. If this team stays together, I also think next year might be Brady's too. There might be no possible way to even consider someone aside from Brady as the overall number one once he's finished.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

this is the hardest question. football has changed 2 much over the years. i believe he is the best in this age of football. look 30 years ago, football and the athletes r just so much different... so ill just say brady is the best of this football age

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

For sure he is in the conversation, but with current qbs I would also put manning in the coversation...These guys just get it a bit better, they are not fooled by anything they see, if they do throw an interception usually it is becasue a bad route that was run or timining being off.....they are both so good at recognizing the defensive tendencies that they can tweak a play and get the needed yardage....they are fun to watch

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rugbybdyb View Post
    For sure he is in the conversation, but with current qbs I would also put manning in the coversation...These guys just get it a bit better, they are not fooled by anything they see, if they do throw an interception usually it is becasue a bad route that was run or timining being off.....they are both so good at recognizing the defensive tendencies that they can tweak a play and get the needed yardage....they are fun to watch
    i secon that!!!!!!

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29922

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl View Post
    The bottom line in football is the super bowl. Until Brady gets 4, I'll stick with Montana and Bradshaw as the best all-time.
    The first super bowl was in the mid-60s. Please don't forget Otto Graham and Unitas and others with a total of 0 super bowls.

As someone said earlier, qbs get too much credit and too much blame. Football has always been my favorite sport because it is a TEAM game. I wonder if Brady would be just another good (and he certainly is good) qb if he had been on the Browns these past years. If you can say the Browns would have a couple super bowls in that case, then, by all means, anoint Brady as the best of all time.

Dead Money
    Dead Money's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    62% completion percentage
    3529 yards
    24 TD's
    12 Int's

Jabar Gaffney is the only WR from the 2006 Patriots to catch a pass in the NFL in 2007. Reche Caldwell his leading receiver last season can't get on the field in Washington, Troy Brown has been on the PUP along with Chad Jackson. Doug Gabriel and Kelvin Kight are no longer in the league.

So, no Brady wasn't awful last year he arguably had the best season of his career. Given the talent or lack thereof around him.

Consider this, he loses Givens via FA, Branch gets traded for a future 1st round pick. They sign Reche Caldwell to replace Givens. Caldwell and Brown are the only receivers he has any familiarity with. The Pats trade for Gabriel at the end of preseason, he gets cut around week 5. Jackson gets injured and misses a bunch of games. They sign Gaffney in week 10. It was a revolving door at the WR position and yet he still put up good numbers.

I ask one question: Does any other QB in the league get to the AFCC game and come 1 play from the SB with that WR corps in that situation? And they can have everything else NE had last year, defense, coaching etc..

I think that is an obvious No.
    Awesome post!!!

Brady is or well on his way to being the best/or one of them.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

Ask people who the best baseball player was and you'll get all kinds of anawers, Ruth, Williams, Gherig, Bonds.

I live in New England so I am biased. All I know is the guy can play....

Always_Over
    Always_Over's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is only as good as Randy Moss

Tricky
    Tricky's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's still too early but I have to admit he's well on his way.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Quote Originally Posted by Always_Over View Post
    He is only as good as Randy Moss
    i cant believe some1 had the nerve 2 post such a bullshit post. so your saying he was never good b4 moss? so arrogant

First 12