djeffectz
    djeffectz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

3 Teams that I think that can beat the Pats

3. Colts - If they have a rematch again in the RCA dome, I think the Colts will win, they had the first game but let it slip away...

2. Ravens - They got the Pats at home on a Monday night, Like what the Colts showed us, Speed kills on defense, the Colts slowed the Pats offense down with speed rushers, yes, about the Raven's offense?, I think they came back to life with Boller starting now, he got escape ability and a arm that McNair lacks, Look for the Raven's to be hyped up and try to spoil the Pats dream season...

1. Steelers - to bad the game is in Foxworth, or this will be the game of the year.Their defense is aggressive, maybe that can cause some turnovers, The Steelers have some offense too, yeah I know they're over-rated...

if the Pats can pass those 3 teams, I think its a lock that they go undefeated, unless they got the home field advanage in the playoff and rest the players....
    Last edited by djeffectz; 11-18-07 at 09:45 PM.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your 3 & 1 selection are points you can argue, I won't take anything away from that if that is your opinion.

But the Ravens? That's almost near the laughable zone. I know they kept it close versus Cleveland, and I was no blind backer in that game, I passed because I felt Baltimore would keep it close if not win, but they will not even come close to beating NE.

sikballplaya24
    sikballplaya24's Avatar Become A Pro!

pitt lost to the jets..... enough said

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

I don't think anyone really has a chance against the Pats. And actually, if I had to pick anyone, I'd probably pick the Jaguars.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Some would say that the Ravens arent even playing like the best team in Ohio

Buckeyes jk

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

" Step away from the crack pipe " this team, barring an injury to Brady, is going to run the table. They are just that focused and good. No one team is going to sneak up on them!!

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mv09 View Post

Buckeyes jk
    Since when did Baltimore move to Ohio ?

KidDynamite
    KidDynamite's Avatar Become A Pro!

3 Teams that I think that can lose to the Pats and why.

3. Colts - They already did it once. Manning is struggling and half the team is hurt. They shouldn't have trouble losing to the Pats for a second time.

2. Ravens - Kyle Boller.

1. Steelers - They lost to the Cardinals and the Jets. Losing to the Pats should not be a problem.

Poker Pirate
    Poker Pirate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Id go w/ jax (who they will play in afc championship btw) or gb (who they will probably play in sb) as the only teams w/ a decent chance. Steelers only team on their reg season schedule w/ a slight chance if they hit a high (since this team so up and down.)

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think LSU could beat the NE Just kidding. NE is the best now, and they wil be undefeated for the rest of the season

djeffectz

I think i should change the thread title to teams that has the best chance of beating the Pats in the NFL

BLazin20
    BLazin20's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Season's basically over...no1 has a shot at them... hand the Lombardy trophy back to them..... Steelers r a fraud they have no shot!!!

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

New Englands gonna have to lose quite a bit for there to be a rematch in Indianapolis

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

this thread should be deleted, just for mentioning the Ravens.

bigdog3580
    bigdog3580's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Pats have a great defense too. How is Baltimore going to score?

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9438

I give Pitt a small chance. If the Pats are going to lose, it'll be at home. That's where they often let down in years past. Still don't think it'll happen.

Tomlin learning fast the games get tougher in November and December.

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone think GB or Dallas has a shot? I do. Both are certainly capable of scoring enough to beat them, because I really believe that the David to beats this Goliath needs to have a pass rush and an offense that can put points on the board.

Would I bet on it? Probably not. Just my 2 cents.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

You're off your rocker if you think the Ravens have any kind of legit D that can stop NE. They're so banged up and slow compared to previous years...
    Also, look at how many Cleveland put up on them today with their personnel and tell me Baltimore is a 'top 10' d.

Steelers? a good game for a quarter or 2 MAYBE.
    Colts, sure, however....Injuries are an issue.

GB and Dallas (as dallas has shown) have no prayer. NE beat GB last year 35-0 I think it was - and GB OWNS NE. Both are significantly better - but GB compared to NE right now is not even an argument. NE dominates offensively and GB's D is great in the NFC - not to mention - Randy Moss' stats alone vs GB put him in the HOF.

No one can stop them right now except themselves, a Brady injury or a healthy Colt team.
    Last edited by McBa1n; 11-18-07 at 11:45 PM.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by shrax4 View Post
    Anyone think GB or Dallas has a shot? I do. Both are certainly capable of scoring enough to beat them, because I really believe that the David to beats this Goliath needs to have a pass rush and an offense that can put points on the board.
    I think Dallas has a better shot. I'm pretty confident that the Patriots would carve the Packers up, maybe not as bad as the last time they met in Lambeau owning them 35-0, but somewhere around there.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Here's the list of teams that can beat NE:

Any team that takes a crowbar to Brady's knee the week leading up to the game.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Buckeyes jk

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    Last edited by rjt721; 11-19-07 at 12:50 AM.

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont think in my lifetime I have seen a team play as well as the Pats are right now.....tonight their first five drives ended in the endzone, I dont know how you stop them......They spanked Dallas, Washington, Bills and the list goes on.....The only team that gave them a game was Indy. I had to beat my life savings on it I would say they run the table....I know that Philly is not playing well right now but I have a weird feeling they are going to give the Pats a run for their money.

sakai87
    sakai87's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    u should study the united states map bro!!!! =]

i agreee the colts have a legit chance at beating the pats. However the injuries are an issue and Payton is struggling right now. Pitts just loss to the jets -_-! and baltimore's d is banged up and 33points by the browns today cmon! Greenbay doesnt have a shot either. i think the pats d will shut down brett. The pats are to strong in all catagories.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    Here's the list of teams that can beat NE:

Any team that takes a crowbar to Brady's knee the week leading up to the game.

With his offensive line I think he could pick apart defenses with one wooden leg. Not like he's the most mobile QB in the world either.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

Quote Originally Posted by rugbybdyb View Post
    I dont think in my lifetime I have seen a team play as well as the Pats are right now.....tonight their first five drives ended in the endzone, I dont know how you stop them......They spanked Dallas, Washington, Bills and the list goes on.....The only team that gave them a game was Indy. I had to beat my life savings on it I would say they run the table....I know that Philly is not playing well right now but I have a weird feeling they are going to give the Pats a run for their money.
    the weird feelling that you felling,,,,is only gas

rugbybdyb

Buckeyes jk
    Quote from Mrs teen usa canadite from the carolinas:

" I believe as US Americans" we all should have maps in all our homes and we should also help the less fourtunate contries so they can be more educated about the map....

Not the exact quote but I think most of you will get it.

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rugbybdyb View Post
    Quote from Mrs teen usa canadite from the carolinas:

" I believe as US Americans" we all should have maps in all our homes and we should also help the less fourtunate contries so they can be more educated about the map....

Not the exact quote but I think most of you will get it.
    We're too busy helping Iraq and Asian countries to afford maps for such as US Americans.

rugbybdyb

Quote Originally Posted by shrax4 View Post
    We're too busy helping Iraq and Asian countries to afford maps for such as US Americans.
    thats funny man, I did have to chukle when I read that.

rugbybdyb

such as and like we should help the afican countries as well as and such as....

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    this thread should be deleted, just for mentioning the Ravens.
    No kidding the Ravens are terrible!!

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

maybe a crazy game in a blizzard is the only way someone might beat new england this year
    just by a lucky break

or injuries

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

I think the Steelers have a legitimate chance to beat the Pats. Why? Because I was born in Pittsburgh and I'm a diehard fan? well, yeah, but I have other reasons, too.

Firstly, Pittsburgh has always been a running offense. The Patriots are allowing 4.2 yards per rush, but are ranked sixth in rush defense. Why? Because they are generally beating their opponent so badly before the half that their opponent must abandon the run. If the Steelers manage the clock well, run the ball and keep the Patriots offense off the field, they have a chance.

Secondly, the Steelers have the No. 1-ranked defense overall and are No. 1 in both rush and pass defense. The only defense that has played remotely aggresive against the Pats is the Colts D - and they had them beat right up til the end.

Thirdly, while they did loose this past weekend to the lowly Jets, they aren't the first quality team to overlook a weaker opponent and subsequently get beat.

Running the ball, blitzing Brady and time of possession will be critical if the Steelers are to win this matchup on Dec. 9th.

Just my thoughts

djeffectz

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl View Post
    I think the Steelers have a legitimate chance to beat the Pats. Why? Because I was born in Pittsburgh and I'm a diehard fan? well, yeah, but I have other reasons, too.

Firstly, Pittsburgh has always been a running offense. The Patriots are allowing 4.2 yards per rush, but are ranked sixth in rush defense. Why? Because they are generally beating their opponent so badly before the half that their opponent must abandon the run. If the Steelers manage the clock well, run the ball and keep the Patriots offense off the field, they have a chance.

Secondly, the Steelers have the No. 1-ranked defense overall and are No. 1 in both rush and pass defense. The only defense that has played remotely aggresive against the Pats is the Colts D - and they had them beat right up til the end.

Thirdly, while they did loose this past weekend to the lowly Jets, they aren't the first quality team to overlook a weaker opponent and subsequently get beat.

Running the ball, blitzing Brady and time of possession will be critical if the Steelers are to win this matchup on Dec. 9th.

Just my thoughts
    Great analysis, I will keep that in mind when they play each other in few weeks...

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dumb post to start with.

1. For them to play Indy in the RCA dome they will have to lose at least 3 of there next 6 for that to happen.

2. And they dont play any games in Foxworth.

K man
    K man's Avatar Become A Pro!

The way NE is playing , the only team in the NFL that has a chance to beat them is....the New England Patriots - and only a slight chance of that happening, as the machine Belichick has this team playing more like a well-oiled machine than an actual football team comprised of actual human beings. I mean, if someone were to remove the cover plate that exists on what we call Belichick's face, I swear you'd find switches, diodes, and transistors underneath there. The dude is a machine coaching human beings to play the game of football like a machine would approach it - like employing an algorhythm in mathematics. We are watching history in the making as they steamroll through the NFL. Jump on any pointspread under 23.5 against the Eagles until the general public gets wise too, and ruins it for the rest of us in the next 2 or 3 weeks by driving the price up too high.

123 Last