Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent Ghost View Post
    Steelers Suck!!!
    I wouldn't actually say that they "suck." I think that's a little harsh. Such terminology should be reserved for teams like the Dolphins or, say, the Raiders. You know, teams whose records prove that they actually do in fact suck this season at the game of football.
    Last edited by Sportsgirl; 11-27-07 at 11:53 AM.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl View Post

It's certainly no given that Pittsburgh can beat the Patriots - but I think it's more than possible. In all sports - even when I'm out playing dart tournments - average players get way up and play out of their socks to beat the top players. It's that way in any sport. New England is the standard this season and every team they play is completely phyched to beat them. If the Steelers play top-notch defense and can run the ball and control the clock, I say they win.
    Exactly. Take last nights game as an example. Under normal conditions, Miami should not be able to hang with the Steelers.

Serpent Ghost
    Serpent Ghost's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're too kind....

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent Ghost View Post
    You're too kind....
    LOOK

AT

MEL

SHARPELS!!!

djeffectz
    djeffectz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Ok Ravens, lets prove people wrong, or at least stay within 20 points...

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    this thread should be deleted, just for mentioning the Ravens.
    what he said

if i had to pick 3 teams that could beat the pats, id go with jax, min (peterson & taylor to keep brady on the sidelines & an underrated D), & likely the only team who can beat the pats...the pats

though i will say a healthy colts team would give them another run for their money, too bad freeney is on ir

also feel free to rip me for my vikings selection here

fedexshipit12
    fedexshipit12's Avatar Become A Pro!

ya your right

ya if the steelers game was in "foxworth" im sure it would be the game of there.. first off its foxboro and the pats will win that one by dbl digits, if the pats d shuts down parker early it will be a long day for big ben

djeffectz

Come on Ravens, hold the Pats......than ill be 1-1 with teams vs the Pats!!

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by djeffectz View Post
    Come on Ravens, hold the Pats......than ill be 1-1 with teams vs the Pats!!
    Props to djeffectz!!!!
    He said the Ravens had a shot to beat the Pats and a lot of people, myself included, had great fun at his expense.

My apologies. You were right. And I was big-time wrong! (not the first, certainly won't be the last time for me! LOL)

Doc

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by djeffectz View Post
    3. Colts - If they have a rematch again in the RCA dome, I think the Colts will win, they had the first game but let it slip away...

2. Ravens - They got the Pats at home on a Monday night, Like what the Colts showed us, Speed kills on defense, the Colts slowed the Pats offense down with speed rushers, yes, about the Raven's offense?, I think they came back to life with Boller starting now, he got escape ability and a arm that McNair lacks, Look for the Raven's to be hyped up and try to spoil the Pats dream season...

1. Steelers - to bad the game is in Foxworth, or this will be the game of the year.Their defense is aggressive, maybe that can cause some turnovers, The Steelers have some offense too, yeah I know they're over-rated...

if the Pats can pass those 3 teams, I think its a lock that they go undefeated, unless they got the home field advanage in the playoff and rest the players....
    You could be right about No. 1 above, too. As the Steelers play a similar game to the Ravens - only the Steelers do it better.

djeffectz

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    Props to djeffectz!!!!
    He said the Ravens had a shot to beat the Pats and a lot of people, myself included, had great fun at his expense.

My apologies. You were right. And I was big-time wrong! (not the first, certainly won't be the last time for me! LOL)

Doc
    O you dont have to be sorry, everybody have their own opinions, What got me thinking the Ravens cause of their Personnel can match up with the Pats, they may suck with other teams like the Browns, Steelers cause of their running game, The pats didnt run the ball yesterday, they pass, which is playing with the Raven strenght.....
    The Ravens shouldve won it but its just my luck that they didnt......

Sportsgirl......yeah, I think the Steelers have a shot, The steelers have a better team, it's up to them if the Pats have a perfect season or not...If the Pats get pass the Steelers then, the Pats got the undefeated season wrapped up...
    Last edited by djeffectz; 12-04-07 at 07:13 PM.

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

DJ....that was a very good evaluation although I did not really think it was when you first posted it. Who knew the Ravens could have shown any type of offense but they proved me wrong.....wow Mcgahee screwed up my ideas about this game and ruined my fantasy year all in one game....

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

DJ, as others have said

props, I was wrong (not first time)

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Props to DJ. I don't see the Steelers being able to hang with the pats as they would have to go on the road to do that. The Steelers can't win a meaningful game on the road. Actually, I see the Pats winning by double digits. The only other feasible chance in the regular season I see is the last week at NYG. It is actually a good chance since the Pats will have home field locked up and not as much to play for. The G-men have the personnel to put pressure on Brady and have the offense to score with them. After that, the Chargers or Colts have a shot as well as the Cowboys (if they make it to the SB) whose defense has improved since they played them the first time.

First 123