Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Randy Moss

He completely shits on Oakland damn near leaving them for dead and now he's a saint. He's no saint, he's a fvcking halftard.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

I take it your on the Bills tonight Illusion?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Moss only shows up when he wants too. He said it on several occasions that he was not happy in Oakland (hence his worth ethic).

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Yes he does show up when he wants to but he is awful good when he is playing to win and that is what he is doing this season.

chandler1981
    chandler1981's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I hate for my first post to question a mod, but here goes
    Randy did what any other receiver from a losing team would have done; thats accepted a great offer from the best team in the NFL. He's dumping on the Bills DB's tonight. I thought he didn't always play his hardest at Oak, but he has been this year. You gotta admit, he's GOOD!

4FUN.AND$$
    4FUN.AND$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

He had no one to throw to him in that sh1thole Oakland. Now he has someone to throw him the ball and he is doing great. He is one of the most talented receivers in the NFL.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Beat that TO.

Sorry I had too, since Moss got his 4 touchdowns in the first half.

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by chandler1981 View Post
    Randy did what any other receiver from a losing team would have done; thats accepted a great offer from the best team in the NFL. He's dumping on the Bills DB's tonight. I thought he didn't always play his hardest at Oak, but he has been this year. You gotta admit, he's GOOD!
    There's no doubt he's good, but just remember he quit on Oakland (I don't care if they were bad or not), thus making him a halftard.

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hes a bad ass and thats what needs to be said....hes just like every other recv in the NFL where if they dont get the ball enough or they are not winning then they just give up or cause some huge uproar in the locker room.....

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Excellent football players, particularly those among the most talented of their era, more often than not cause some sort of disturbance when playing for very poor teams.

Sure Randy Moss could have dealt with the Oakland situation, but he quit on it. Not going to win any awards for that. Take a guy as insanely gifted as him, and place him in that atmosphere and I'm sure you get similar results. The exceptions are the minority.

Stick Tom Brady behind St Louis' o-line and I'm sure he causes a fuss and wants the hell out of there soon. Whereas guys who are not proven winners and extremely talented players keep their mouth shut and keep on playing.

Ksmynutz
    Ksmynutz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    He completely shits on Oakland damn near leaving them for dead and now he's a saint. He's no saint, he's a fvcking halftard.
    I agree, being from MN. we had to put up with his S H I T for all those wonderful years. He ran over a traffic cop when he was living here a few years back, got caught with some weed in his astray and other dumb ass s h i t.

Ksmynutz
    Ksmynutz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chandler1981 View Post
    Wrong, Viking had a Great team when he was here, but because he was smoking weed 1/2 the time, he show up when we wasn't Stoned.
    So we never know if he was going to play hard or just Zone out on his pattern. Dennis Green allowed him to do what he wanted to do and not Punish him if he gets out of line, but now with Bill as his coach, he can't pull that S h it no more, so now he is working for his money.

patsfan2727
    patsfan2727's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ksmynutz View Post
    Wrong, Viking had a Great team when he was here, but because he was smoking weed 1/2 the time, he show up when we wasn't Stoned.
    So we never know if he was going to play hard or just Zone out on his pattern. Dennis Green allowed him to do what he wanted to do and not Punish him if he gets out of line, but now with Bill as his coach, he can't pull that S h it no more, so now he is working for his money.
    have you ever considered the weed may be better in Boston?

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

patsfan,

Yea right LOL..

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

The weed's better in Oakland. Humboldt. I heard about it at a PTA meeting.

So that can't be it.
    Last edited by regularguy; 11-19-07 at 11:04 AM.

Illusion

Where's imgv at? He's forum weed expert.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan2727 View Post
    have you ever considered the weed may be better in Boston?
    that is the best thing i have ever heard in this forum!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

What will happen to Randy after this season? That's the billion dollar question for me.

If I remember right, he's got a 1 year deal with the Pats this year. His value on the open market will be through the roof if & when he becomes a free agent.

Pats won't sign him if it breaks the bank. Will Randy come back to the Pats and play for peanuts or go to some pathetic team like the 49ers and go for the $$$?
    Last edited by slacker00; 11-19-07 at 08:15 PM.

SBR Lou

I think if they win a championship as expected, they'll resign Randy and pay him very handsomely. They won't let that kind of talent slip away, this guy is no Deon Branch.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    I think if they win a championship as expected, they'll resign Randy and pay him very handsomely. They won't let that kind of talent slip away, this guy is no Deon Branch.
    I'm thinking franchise tag. That's awesome value for the Pats. They get to monitor Randy on a year by year basis. That's the safest way to go with a headcase like Randy. Who knows when Randy gets caught with some ganj or runs someone over, pulls a hammy, or plain becomes disgruntled for whatever random reason. Plus, he's definitely worth more than the 1 year franchise salary anyway, might as well tag him.

Anyone else coming up for the Pats that might need the tag? I guess that's the next question.

Benson17
    Benson17's Avatar Become A Pro!

I sure wish the Packers would have him right now.

Moss for a 3rd round pick?

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Benson17 View Post
    I sure wish the Packers would have him right now.

Moss for a 3rd round pick?
    I'm not sure that there's an NFL team that doesn't want Moss right now. Hmmm.... Raiders... It almost seems kinda wierd that the Pats can get away with getting Moss away from the Raiders. It almost seems kinda shady. Anyway.

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

He is a great receiver, but all has to go his way for him to stay engaged. He quit on Oakland and several games in Minnesota.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    There's no doubt he's good, but just remember he quit on Oakland (I don't care if they were bad or not), thus making him a halftard.
    What the hell is a halftard?

Did you ever think the Raiders quit on him? They didn't help matters much in Oakland.

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    What the hell is a halftard?
    It's my new word for semi-retarded.

slacker00

I was going to start a thread about predicting a Randy Moss retirement if they win the Super Bowl. Kinda "out there" theory of mine, but I don't think Moss really even has the passion this year either, but he's just kinda rolling with everything and whatnot. I don't think he cares for the spotlight & accolades, etc. Definitely talent beyond belief, but I don't think he really cares that much for the game.

namdeezy
    namdeezy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I was going to start a thread about predicting a Randy Moss retirement if they win the Super Bowl. Kinda "out there" theory of mine, but I don't think Moss really even has the passion this year either, but he's just kinda rolling with everything and whatnot. I don't think he cares for the spotlight & accolades, etc. Definitely talent beyond belief, but I don't think he really cares that much for the game.
    randy moss is doing good this year because not all the spotlight is on him. in oakland, they wanted him to pretty much carry the whole team on his shoulders and made him a captain, even if he didn't want to be one. in NE, he's surrounded by other superstars such as Tom Brady so not all the pressure is on him.

SBR Lou

I remember he was a guest in the booth for a college football game when he was with Oakland. He said something along the lines of, he realizes he's getting older, and the one thing he really wants to do before he eventually retires is win a championship.

So yeah it wouldn't shock me if he were to retire should they win it all, but I also can see him coming back for more. He's in such a great situation and there's no reason to think this team won't make a serious run next year too. He's still the best WR in football so, its not like being a 10 year veteran is slowing him down too much.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    I remember he was a guest in the booth for a college football game when he was with Oakland. He said something along the lines of, he realizes he's getting older, and the one thing he really wants to do before he eventually retires is win a championship.

So yeah it wouldn't shock me if he were to retire should they win it all, but I also can see him coming back for more. He's in such a great situation and there's no reason to think this team won't make a serious run next year too. He's still the best WR in football so, its not like being a 10 year veteran is slowing him down too much.
    Yeah, maybe he'll take it year by year with the Patriots. He'll never find a better situation as far as a quality QB to get him the ball, enough talent around him to keep the defense off him. Plus he can just do his job without the pressure he might have on a team without as much talent, etc as the Patriots.

As a Colts fan, I want Moss off that team, but there's not much I can do about it except suffer. Maybe Peyton can make a private call to Randy in the offseason and make a sales pitch for Moss going to the Colts. lmao. Just imagine Randy & Reggie split wide with Marvin in the slot. That would be sick.

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

what does it mean that he can be made the "franchise player" and how does the patriots having san frans first round pick affect who will get the most money come contract time?

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

well, acting like a half-tard will get him a championship ring this year

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by picoman View Post
    well, acting like a half-tard will get him a championship ring this year
    Will he reinact the half-tard Andre Rison when he won a ring with the 1997 Packers and throw the ring into Lake Michigan when he learns the Packers didn't want to resign him for 1998. I don't know if this story was independently verified, but I've heard this story from a variety of sources. Sorta an urban legend.

alta
    alta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

Raiders never had an offensive plan to use Randys talent.
    You'd get bored with the inactivity too. Great teams incorporate great talent into the game plan. The Pats do that.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

This was never about talent. Moss has got a ton of that.

slacker00

The more I think about it, Moss will stay a Patriot next year and beyond. I think Moss realizes what happens when he goes for the big $$$. The Pats & Moss will sit down and work something out that they can both live with.

12 Last