SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mike Tomlin Ruins Teaser

Aggressive as hell, defensive guru.

Guy doesn't know when to switch gears, very shaky decision making. 2:31 left in 4th quarter, 3rd & 2, they are up by 3 and Jets have only 1 time out. They are on the Jets 39 or somewhere around there.

Instead of pounding it up the gut with Davenport, who averaged close to 4ypc, guy passes it to try to surprise the Jets. WTF? Basically, you get a first down, the Jets have to burn their last timeout, and the ball game goes under two minutes, at which point one more will end the game.

So of course the pass was incomplete. Heck, he could've ran it two straight times up the gut to pick up the goddamn two yards.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yep bad luck that the Steelers didn't win..

I've lost so many big scores this season. Life isn't fair

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    Aggressive as hell, defensive guru.

Guy doesn't know when to switch gears, very shaky decision making. 2:31 left in 4th quarter, 3rd & 2, they are up by 3 and Jets have only 1 time out. They are on the Jets 39 or somewhere around there.

Instead of pounding it up the gut with Davenport, who averaged close to 4ypc, guy passes it to try to surprise the Jets. WTF? Basically, you get a first down, the Jets have to burn their last timeout, and the ball game goes under two minutes, at which point one more will end the game.

So of course the pass was incomplete. Heck, he could've ran it two straight times up the gut to pick up the goddamn two yards.
    He threw a pass because he wanted to score another TD so that the Steelers will cover the -9 spread. Why will he run the ball to burn time? Isn't his job to play for the cover?

I'm so sick of people blaming the coaches for not winning their bets!

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I'm so sick of people blaming the coaches for not winning their bets!
    I'm a believer in playing the %'s. Jets have an awful rush defense, but made some adjustments and were containing Willie Parker pretty handily. Which is why, in my estimation, and supported by the 4ypc, giving it to a stout bowling ball type guy like Naje Davenport to pick up two yards was a better play call.

If they were playing a middle of the pack defense, I'd go ahead and try to surprise them and put it in the air for two yards instead of just pounding out the run and wearing the clock down. I'm actually advocating the more conservative route here and did not want them to score again at all.

namdeezy
    namdeezy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

wrong thread

namdeezy
    namdeezy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

whoops wrong thread