mandy
    mandy's Avatar Become A Pro!

leaving for deer hunting

these are my picks for the weekend, sides jax houston.carolina, and arizona. vickings over, sf over and no over. on monday i will play denver. everybody tells me not to play the over on sf, i like that!

Thomasha7
    Thomasha7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck hunting. I went last week, and didn't get anything.

swifty
    swifty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck hunting, never been on one. I know it takes days to see one good one I bet. good luck

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Oh you guys are pussies... Either give the animal the same oppurtunity/weapon or get a few guys on each side all with guns and hunt each other...

Dodgers
    Dodgers's Avatar Become A Pro!

What about Moose?

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Deer Hunting LOL..

Must be fun HAHA

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by swifty View Post
    I know it takes days to see one good one I bet.
    I'm looking at a 6- and 8-pointer out my home office window right now. Feed 10-15 of 'em every single day. Throw a little corn out on the ground and they do a great job keeping my rye grass trimmed in the winter.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

get yourself a big buck Mandy.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

deer sloppy joes anyone hmmmmmmm

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    I'm looking at a 6- and 8-pointer out my home office window right now. Feed 10-15 of 'em every single day. Throw a little corn out on the ground and they do a great job keeping my rye grass trimmed in the winter.

That's so cool, Willie. I loathe hunting. It's strikes me as bit unfair that an man, who's supposed to be at the top of the brain chain, takes a cache of weapons into the woods to hunt a defenseless animal and thinks he's a big deal when he kills it, as if the animal really had a chance against the high-powered weapon. I can't see how anyone can find entertainment in killing.

Anyhoo - football's the topic, right? I'll post my column on Sunday.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

agree with SportsGirl.....

As a big animal rights activist I hate all that shit: hunting, rodeos, circuses, zoos, etc...I can never understand what turns people on about taking a gun and shooting a harmless animal and then reveling in the experience and posing for a picture with it. Must be some conservative phenomemon.

Good luck with your picks. I like Arizona....

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post

As a big animal rights activist I hate all that shit: hunting, rodeos, circuses, zoos, etc...I can never understand what turns people on about taking a gun and shooting a harmless animal and then reveling in the experience and posing for a picture with it. Must be some conservative phenomemon.

Amen, Buddy.

I went with Arizona, too.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

lol...my avitar is from the movie The DeerHunter

MikeOswald
    MikeOswald's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL hunting bud and Go Packers!

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i don't like trophy hunting but find hunting for food OK (if it happens to be a trophy then so be it, as long as its mature)

every last one of you would hunt if you were starving to death

luckily you're not but let's get real

SBR Lou

I agree with your thoughts on trophy hunting, most friends I have that are hunters don't go hanging heads on walls. They get their hunting tags during the season just for food through the winter.

Most people aren't hunting on empty stomachs. The strong hatred for hunters by some is funny though. How many of those people are actually vegetarians?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    I agree with your thoughts on trophy hunting, most friends I have that are hunters don't go hanging heads on walls. They get their hunting tags during the season just for food through the winter.

Most people aren't hunting on empty stomachs. The strong hatred for hunters by some is funny though. How many of those people are actually vegetarians?
    Hunters do more good to the environment than the city animal lovers. The money they pay for licenses does more good than the few animals they take out to prevent deforestation and leave some habitat for the other animals and birds.

cowboyhater
    cowboyhater's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm going tomorrow even though I'm gonna miss the Ohio State v Michigan game. Some of my friends are giving me sh*t, but I don't care. I'd rather kill a deer than watch football tomorrow

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by goldengoat View Post
    i don't like trophy hunting but find hunting for food OK (if it happens to be a trophy then so be it, as long as its mature)

every last one of you would hunt if you were starving to death

luckily you're not but let's get real
    I suppose anyone would hunt if they were starving to death - but IS anyone who's hunting starving to death? My point was, and this is "real," is that I don't understand people who find fun or entertainment in killing something. I mean how do you look something in the eye and think, "cool! let me end this thing's life by putting a bullet through it's head! The joy! the fun!"

I don't get it.

Bigcrank23
    Bigcrank23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not a big hunter myself, but I have no probs with it as long as its done legally. For all the people on here hating on the people who go hunting are you telling me you never eat hamburgers, steak, chicken...you get the idea. Go to a slaughter house then tell me what is worse..hunting or a slaughter house.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl View Post
    That's so cool, Willie. I loathe hunting. It's strikes me as bit unfair that an man, who's supposed to be at the top of the brain chain, takes a cache of weapons into the woods to hunt a defenseless animal and thinks he's a big deal when he kills it, as if the animal really had a chance against the high-powered weapon. I can't see how anyone can find entertainment in killing.
    I used to hunt, and I enjoyed it. Was taught to hunt 'old school' by my abuelito: No heated blinds, open v-sight rifles, walking and squatting, tracking. Used to take two deer and a turkey (when I could) each year, having one of the deer processed and donated to a women's shelter or orphange, as was the way things were down out in the far SW Texas county where the ranch sits. My abuelito was a cattle (Herefords) and goat rancher, and I also rode with him taking animals to slaughter. I understand that's just not for everyone, but then, what is for everyone?

I eventually switched to a scope, and once I reached my mid-40s and my aim just wasn't true, I quit hunting with anything but a camera. I can still shoot pretty well, but only inside 150 yards and that's just not hunting to me. Sort of traded my rifle for a fishing pole, and at least half of what I catch is released by my own estimations. Never have had a head or a whole fish or even plain old horns mounted, see no point in that. The primary predators for deer where I live now are automobiles. In fact, it can be a two-way street on the fatalites there as an old man was recently killed after he struck a deer on a highway two counties over.

If a law was passed tomorrow outlawing the eating of all meats, I'd get by and conform. Wouldn't like it, and would miss a lot of dishes I consider to be downright tasty. But I have to ask, and not just of you Nancy, but all here: If such a law went into effect, what would we do with the wildlife and livestock around the world, how would we manage it? And would we also try to apply the same law on wildlife? Would bears be allowed to gorge themselves on salmon, would lions in the wild be locked up for chasing down gazelles?

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    If a law was passed tomorrow outlawing the eating of all meats, I'd get by and conform. Wouldn't like it, and would miss a lot of dishes I consider to be downright tasty. But I have to ask, and not just of you Nancy, but all here: If such a law went into effect, what would we do with the wildlife and livestock around the world, how would we manage it? And would we also try to apply the same law on wildlife? Would bears be allowed to gorge themselves on salmon, would lions in the wild be locked up for chasing down gazelles?
    I think my point was missed in that I understand the necessity for meat and those who's work it is to facilitate people getting food, but of the hunters I know, none of them are starving and most aren't hunting because they have nothing to eat, they hunt because they think it is fun and find a source of entertainment in it. This is what I do not understand.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl View Post
    I think my point was missed in that I understand the necessity for meat and those who's work it is to facilitate people getting food, but of the hunters I know, none of them are starving and most aren't hunting because they have nothing to eat, they hunt because they think it is fun and find a source of entertainment in it. This is what I do not understand.
    The ones that need the meat can't afford to hunt. It's very expensive to hunt. However, most hunters donate the meat they hunt to soup places for homeless, seniors etc.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

I donate a lot of the elk meet I get to the local soup kitchen. There isn't much that beats a good elk steak.

naloboy
    naloboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 561

hunting/diving

here's what i found diving in hawaii for some of the spectators ariz,atl,pitt and not the least kc to cover and under. gol u fishes in the sea

remaxagnt
    remaxagnt's Avatar Become A Pro!

are all you people against hunting against the war on iraq?

mandy

just got back

well not only did i come home with 2 deer but a 7 and 3 college week and a 5 and 3 pro week. LIFE IS GOOD. by the way sportsgirl there's nothing better than a venison tenderloin.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by mandy View Post
    by the way sportsgirl there's nothing better than a venison tenderloin.
    lol

Sportsgirl

by the way sportsgirl there's nothing better than a venison tenderloin.

In my world sex is better, but I guess you''d have to be having some to know that.

imgv94

You guys don't really eat deer do ya?

SBR Lou

Rabbit tastes quite good.

mandy

wild game

rabbits and deer are good but squirrels are the best. of course next to sex, thanks sportsgirlfor reminding me, but a person has to eat when he's done (right).

Sportsgirl

rabbits and deer are good but squirrels are the best. of course next to sex, thanks sportsgirlfor reminding me, but a person has to eat when he's done (right).

I'd rather have an ice cold beer myself.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

The highest thing up on the food chain I'll eat is fish. Very rarely, when offered.

I did meet a mountain lion here once, fifty yards from my home. I was coming home at night and had to resist the urge to get out of my car and shake hands. Unbelievably beautiful. I've rolled around in the snow, playing with (tame) wolfs. An Indian showed me how to ride a horse telepathically (the animal exactly followed my thoughts!). There is 'medicine' in these things. These animals are teachers.

If you kill an animal for pleasure you're lower than an animal, which only kills out of need.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 11-21-07 at 02:11 PM.

12 Last