VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

I quit NFL handicapping!

I am completely useless this season. I've tried fighting through it but I simply can't pick winners this year. Don't know if I'm overthinking it? Underthinking it? I feel like I'm doing the same things I do every year that usually lead to success and this year I'm picking around 40%. I just don't get it.

Sorry... had to vent.

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

No worries dude....I gave up on CFB this year, way too many upsets, and the lines seem a lot sharper this year. I'm down probably 25 units on CFB (my biggest losses were in 4-5 games, and everything else was win one, lose one, etc). I'm hanging in the NFL this year, but it is all cyclical....at least for me.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone has rough stretches, so don't sweat it bro.

My advice to you is stick to only playing what is winning for you, and forget the rest for now.

marke4
    marke4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by laxdjock View Post
    No worries dude....I gave up on CFB this year, way too many upsets, and the lines seem a lot sharper this year. I'm down probably 25 units on CFB (my biggest losses were in 4-5 games, and everything else was win one, lose one, etc). I'm hanging in the NFL this year, but it is all cyclical....at least for me.
    its good to know i'm not the only one. By far the worst year in CF and I have given up also. Although a young capper this year in college has made me lose some hair.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Funny, I've done a lot better in College than Pros.

I think the best weeks of the NFL season are coming up, bad time to quit IMO. Quit after week 15 or 16.

Not now.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Dont quit. Pick on what you see, not on what ESPN tells you..

if you saw Sportscenter, you would think the Saints are back to being a great team and the Giants are the next coming of the 70s Steelers. Yeah.. Not so much.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well I don't bet every game, but I pick every game ATS for a weekly newsletter I send out. '05 I had 55% winners... '06 I had 51% winners... This year here is a breakdown of my weeks:

Week 1: 8 - 6 - 2
    Week 2: 5 - 10 - 1
    Week 3: 4 - 9 - 3
    Week 4: 10 - 4 - 0
    Week 5: 7 - 7 - 0
    Week 6: 2 - 9 - 2
    Week 7: 5 - 9 - 0
    Week 8: 8 - 5 - 0
    Week 9: 2 - 9 - 1 so far (with Indy and Seattle left)

I'm not just losing, I'm getting absolutely destroyed.

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

what happened today ? thats the worse beating ive ever taken in nfl other sports i can see , looks like iam better finding 1 team and getting down on it only, and just ignoring the rest of the day ,week [ yeah right] lol

4FUN.AND$$
    4FUN.AND$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

I had the worse day since 2004 so I did the worst thing on earth.... I chased the bookie and now I am up 8 units and if Indy covers then I am up 15 units. This could have been the worse day ever but I am hoping for the best.

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Eh....I'm getting smoked this week. If INDY can't get a TD here....I'm done.

imgv94

Let's get the Giants next week.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

i been gamble all my life , and finally i start to understand,,until will be point spread on game whe will never win,,,,it fun to have a few buck on a game to wach ,,,,do it for entertaiment if you doin to make money,,,,,FOOORGHEET ABOOUT IIT

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    Let's get the Giants next week.
    Giants spread has moved 4 points since this post. There is still money to be made bro.