onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Help me decide a starting defense this weekend.

I have the Ravens and Seahawks defense on my fantasy team. Ravens play the Bengals in Baltimore, and the Seahawks play the 49ers in Seattle.

I am leaning toward the Seahawks defense, because the 49ers are banged up and the Bengals can awake at anytime.

Let me hear some valid points for either one.

luciano
    luciano's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Seahawks defense too. I can see Cincinatti putting up some yards through the air but not much on the ground, downside to starting the Seahawks is the Ravens will most likely get a lot of chances to make a play on defense for a TD which gives you points. I dont see Cincinatti ever establishing a run game against the Ravens and Palmer will be chucking it.

But, I would go with the Seaturkeys since they are playing the 49ers and Burleson is a threat to run a kick back as always, special teams scores should count on your defense right? Yeah I think I would go with them. I am starting them also in a couple leagues this week because I have the Pats defense/st and they are on a bye.

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Definitely the seahawks, i took the ravens d early on two of my 3 teams drafts and they haven't lived up to expectations this yr. the niners don't turn it over too much but they shouldn't score more than 10 pts on the seahawks.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Yes, special teams scores count for the defense. I should of said Defense/Special Teams.

Plus Frank Gore is out is he not?

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Frank Gore will play.

I'd definitely take the Seahawks, 49ers offense is abysmal and the Ravens D is banged up.

GL brother.

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cincy should be able to score on the Ravens, while I don't really see 49ers getting much going.

Another vote for Seahawks D here.

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Definitely SF....they are horrid. The Bungles may actually score this week, against a craptastic Ravens team.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

5-0 so far on the Seahawks defense/special teams. Looks like that will be my defense for tomorrow unless I get a lot in here making valid points for the Ravens defense/special teams.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Baltimore's secondary is overrated. Palmer will have his way with them.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    Baltimore's secondary is overrated. Palmer will have his way with them.
    That is another reason I was leaning toward the Seahawks defense. Because that Bengal offense can wake up and put up some yardage and points through the air.