mshanedub420
    mshanedub420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas=chasing down losses

Never again am I going to go 4-1 and breaking even. I picked the Saints, Browns, Packers, Patriots, and lastly to chase my losses on the Pats, Dallas. I am just wondering if anyone else out there went overboard on the Pats and then said "**** it" and loaded up on Dallas. I am just thinking we should be thankful that the Colts and pats wasnt the SNF game. Any storys?

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I did that a few weeks ago in college, I got CRUSHED. I went down something like 16-20 units between a couple games. It has taken me weeks to claw back, exclusively in the NFL.

mshanedub420

its tough, thank god dallas came through or ide be in shit up to my neck "not really but you know how it is"

Teasem
    Teasem's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's tough when you REALLY like a game, but if you are looking at the long haul, you have to bite your lip and manage that bankroll.

Teasem
    Teasem's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have one friend in particular who is the polar opposite of me when betting his weekly games. In example, I had four games in the NFL yesterday, each at 2 units, the games went 3-1 and I saw a nice profit.

Now my friend, he'll bet a game for 10 units and lose, then double up on the afternoon game and so forth. He lucked out a few weeks ago and lost 75% of his bankroll in one day, he put the rest of his roll on the second half of a MNF game (packers game) and made a good majority of it back. This is not very tactical and can hurt you over time.

It's hard for me, because after going 2-1 on the early games yesterday I wanted to lay another 2 units on the Dallas game and essentially double my bet (in hindsight this pays me well), but if the game turns out the other way, I lose my profit from the day. Everybody has a different system, but betting all of the games for the same amount is what keeps me in line, as it should most of us. Cheers.

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.

You will win out (compared to him) if you play enough games, but short-term success is a crapshoot.

mshanedub420

teasem and lax I like your style, I like to bet many games with equal units too, but every now and then I overbet 1 game, chase and get busted, I have to quit that shit, went 4-1 and made 3 $, they were not terribly small bets either,--, 200's

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.

Last year in CFB I was laying even bets across, but I was picking 65%, so I did well....and I broke even in the NFL.

This year I got SMOKED in college because of about 6 games, I should have stuck to my even bets. CFB is just too up in the air for me (this year) to pick at a % to make money. The NFL is doing much better for me, once I decided to stick to my strongest 2-3 games per week, and forego betting 6-9 games. I've been pretty solid the last 2 weeks.

This week I have:

INDY -3.5
    DET -1

And I may do one more.
    Last edited by laxdjock; 11-05-07 at 09:27 PM.