justdoingit
    justdoingit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas and The GGGGGGGGGGGGGGMEN +1

Is big D really scared of the Giants i think that Dallas will handle the Giants without a problem. This year Dallas 5-1 ATS and 9-3 ATS after facing a Divisional opponnent.

Thoughts?

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm staying FAR FAR away from this game. I think DAL could blow them out, or the g-men could hang tough. I still think Eli is weak and will fold under pressure, but the giant's D could really cause some problems for the DAL O line. I'm not sold on Romo.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

giants home +1??
    if line stays put i will bet house wife kids dog car and whatever else i can get my hands on on g-men!!

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Quote Originally Posted by laxdjock View Post
    I'm staying FAR FAR away from this game. I think DAL could blow them out, or the g-men could hang tough. I still think Eli is weak and will fold under pressure, but the giant's D could really cause some problems for the DAL O line. I'm not sold on Romo.
    Not sold on Romo huh? what more do want?

Dallas will win a close one, these two teams always play close games.

Teasem
    Teasem's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    giants home +1??
    if line stays put i will bet house wife kids dog car and whatever else i can get my hands on on g-men!!
    I'm actually leaning towards Dallas here, but GL to you, because my bet will only be for the dog

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    Not sold on Romo huh? what more do want?

I think he can get rattled a bit and may be prone to make a bad decision.......and with the NYG pass rush, that could mean a couple TOs.

MJFtheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by laxdjock View Post

I think he can get rattled a bit and may be prone to make a bad decision.......and with the NYG pass rush, that could mean a couple TOs.

not sure why you would think he will make bad decisons, you a Giants fan?

MJFtheGenius

and any qb who gets pressure from the defense will make bad decisons, it's a fact

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Don't forget that the Giants are coming off of a bye, and by the looks of things, they probably started game planning for this game at halftime of the Miami game.

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.

I am a Giants fan...though I'll stick by my comments. I don't think I'll bet on this game, other than maybe a prop for fun.

MJFtheGenius

The ravens were coming off a bye, by the look of things they dont realize the bye is over

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

The ravens were coming off a bye, by the look of things they dont realize the bye is over
    TOO DAMN FUNNY

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

I expect that Giants line to go up. At my book it started of even, then went to NYG +1 and now sits at +1.5... I see it going up to 2 or 2.5 maybe higher. If thats the case, I might be on the Giants but as of right now, this a no-go for me

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.

It is +3 NYG at BetUS right now. I'm tempted....we'll see if it moves anymore.

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah, i have it at +2 right now and seems to be on a steep rise. 2 pts in less than 24 hours. It could finish around 3.5 or 4. Still I would have a hard time against the 'boys

justdoingit
    justdoingit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giants can put on the pressure Romo can be rattled but T.O. looks like he is on fire right now and hey when is the ELI meltdown going to come it seems that it is that time of the year right?

MJFtheGenius

Any qb who get you get pressure on gets rattled, not why you guys pick on Romo.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. and Dallas.

Lets look at the Giants schedule:

Week 1: Loss to Dallas by 10.
    They beat up on a very poor Dallas secondary at the time. The Dallas secondary has looked much much much better since Week 1. As in most sports, you can throw out Week 1, as most teams dont play like themselves. Giants "strength" is their pass rush and Dallas "strength" is their offensive line. That and Romo's ability to evade sacks.

Week 2: Loss at Packers.
    They were spanked by the Packers

Week 3: Win at Redskins
    Lets be honest. Giants did not win that game, the Redskins lost it. The giants played terrible until the 4th quarter where the Redskins gave them the game on a silver platter.

Week 4: Win at Eagles:
    Eagles are terrible. We know this with confidence now.

Week 5: Win at Jets:
    Anyone can beat the Jets.

Week 6: Win at Falcons
    Arguable the worst team in the NFL

Week 7: Win at 49ers
    Same as above. Terrible team.

Week 8: Win at Miami
    Just squeeked a game out vs a terrible Miami team.

So lets look at the giants again..
    Out of their 6 wins: 5 of them came versus the 5 worst teams in the NFL (Jets, Miami, Atlanta, San Fran, and Philly). Their other win was given to them on a silver platter by Redskins. and their defense was destroyed vs the top NFC teams (Packers and Cowboys).

Since Week 3: When they have faced all the terrible teams (Jets, 49ers, Philly, Atlanta, and Miami)
    Eli Manning has 9 TDs 8 INT
    anddddddd
    the Giants pash rush got all their publicity when they got 50billion sacks on the Eagles (more specificially Winston Justice).

I dont see a better bet than Dallas -1 vs Giants out there.
    Bet twice the regular amount on Dallas.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice writeup mv09. I'll certainly give this a look.

I have won some money on the Giants this season, but I am also fully aware that their schedule for weeks 4 through 8 was as easy as any in the NFL. It's easy to pad the stats and get some fans on the bandwagon when you play the Eagles-Jets-Falcons-49ers-Dolphins. The Giants will have a tough go playing a real team this week.
    Last edited by regularguy; 11-06-07 at 05:17 PM.

Mannheiser
    Mannheiser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Excellent point MV. I will still want to look at the match up and such, but with that schedule, most of the gmen stats are skewed. I was thinking of letting the cowboy backers run up the spread and bet the gmen, but you have made a good point sir. Any gmen backers out there that can rebuttle MV? I am very curiuos about this match up.

MJFtheGenius

the only valid aguement to taking the Giants is these teams always seem to play close games, close games can go either way and it is @Giants

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.

the only valid aguement to taking the Giants is these teams always seem to play close games, close games can go either way and it is @Giants
    From another thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by me
    The G-men always play them tough....be very very careful with that bet. I think the 'boys are more talented, but the giant's front 4 are going to cause some problems for the 'boys. Eli is learning to play more consistently, and Jacobs is a beast.

The last 5 games (I wish I had the spreads, but I don't know them off hand)

2005: 16-13 C 17-10 G
    2006: 36-22 G 23-20 C
    2007: 45-35 C

I wouldn't be surprised if the gmen grind out a win with defense and jacobs. I'm staying out of the game.

swampdog
    swampdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mv09 View Post
    Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. Dallas. and Dallas.

Lets look at the Giants schedule:

Week 1: Loss to Dallas by 10.
    They beat up on a very poor Dallas secondary at the time. The Dallas secondary has looked much much much better since Week 1. As in most sports, you can throw out Week 1, as most teams dont play like themselves. Giants "strength" is their pass rush and Dallas "strength" is their offensive line. That and Romo's ability to evade sacks.

Week 2: Loss at Packers.
    They were spanked by the Packers

Week 3: Win at Redskins
    Lets be honest. Giants did not win that game, the Redskins lost it. The giants played terrible until the 4th quarter where the Redskins gave them the game on a silver platter.

Week 4: Win at Eagles:
    Eagles are terrible. We know this with confidence now.

Week 5: Win at Jets:
    Anyone can beat the Jets.

Week 6: Win at Falcons
    Arguable the worst team in the NFL

Week 7: Win at 49ers
    Same as above. Terrible team.

Week 8: Win at Miami
    Just squeeked a game out vs a terrible Miami team.

So lets look at the giants again..
    Out of their 6 wins: 5 of them came versus the 5 worst teams in the NFL (Jets, Miami, Atlanta, San Fran, and Philly). Their other win was given to them on a silver platter by Redskins. and their defense was destroyed vs the top NFC teams (Packers and Cowboys).

Since Week 3: When they have faced all the terrible teams (Jets, 49ers, Philly, Atlanta, and Miami)
    Eli Manning has 9 TDs 8 INT
    anddddddd
    the Giants pash rush got all their publicity when they got 50billion sacks on the Eagles (more specificially Winston Justice).

I dont see a better bet than Dallas -1 vs Giants out there.
    Bet twice the regular amount on Dallas.

Well, there are better bets than Dal this week... Indi, Det, Chi, Buff and NO -12 are all better bets than Dal.

I'm betting lightly and with a teaser that Dal could win, but what gets me is that they are so slow starting out the gates. They score most of their points in the second half and with this being a GIA home game I think the sore will be close. One can go either way. I'd probably put another bet on Gia if the line goes high enough but as of now, I'm laying off the DAL/GIA game. I wouldn't be surprised it the G-men won by a last second FG.

Good luck!

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

The Giants are garbage, they haven't beaten anyone good. Dallas is the 3rd best team in the league. They should have no problem. This seems like a set up game. Watch Romo throw 5 pics.

CrapsMyWay
    CrapsMyWay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1530

I like Dallas....Good Luck Everyone!

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.

I expect the line to creep to 3.5 or possible 4.0. I may put a very small bet on the gmen at those numbers. I have them +9 as part of a 6-team teaser, so I'm hoping they at least stay close!!

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS
    pats3peat's Avatar Become A Pro!

They are afraid.. staying away from this game.

Machmood
    Machmood's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just saw the line at Dallas -1.5, if you like teasers Id do something like NO-5 dallas +5.5 Lions +7 Seatle-3

Machmood
    Machmood's Avatar Become A Pro!

you could even throw indy in there

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Everyone in the beat the prick is all over Dallas.

Crutch
    Crutch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas all they way

ws1975
    ws1975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

With two weeks to prepare take the Giants over Dallas. They won't lay an egg the way the Ravens did with two weeks to prepare against the Steelers.

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

nyg's strength is their pass rush, romo's strength is making plays when he's pressured...i like dallas in this game.

ntgarrett
    ntgarrett's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Dallas and the under this week:

DALLAS(-1.5) at NYG Total 49
    DALLAS 7-0 ATSafter playing at Philly since 2000
    DALLAS 4-8 Under in 2nd of b2b road games since 2001
    DALLAS 4-14 Under off a SU road win since 2003
    DALLAS 2-17 Under in 2nd of b2b div games since 1996
    DALLAS 1-11-1 Under after playing at Philly since 1994
    NYG 4-14 SU off a bye since 1990
    NYG 2-11 Under off a bye since 1995
    In this series the team who covered 1st game, covered 2nd last 6 straight years (Dallas covered 1st game this year))

Play DALLAS and UNDER

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I agree. Take the Giants in some 6-point teasers. The Giants won't get blown out at home. This game goes down to the final 2 minute warning with the outcome in doubt. It wouldn't suprise me if the Giants win outright.

12 Last