heist4dmb
    heist4dmb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colts -3 in SD!? This cant be right.

I have no idea how this spread can be correct.

It will be bet up to about -5 atleast.

Im jumping on Indy NOW!

Who is with me?

any cause for concern for a trap??

I get they have to go out west but wont the colts be lookingto DRILL someone after the loss to the Pats.....

heist4dmb

also..

the SD offense is so inconsistant.

They cant throw the ball with any consistancy.

and we all know that LT has been pedestrian this season...

your thoughts?

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

At first glance I like the Colts a lot and I agree that the line will probably go up. Here are my concerns:

1) San Diego has been horribly inconsistent but they have a ton of talent an the ability to explode in any game. Rivers has struggled but he has shown the a lot of talent and has been successful for the most part in his career.

2) The Colts may be hungover after a tough tough loss yesterday to the Pats, ruining their undefeated season and snapping a string of 13 straight games

HOWEVER, history shows the Colts have been able to bounce back after tough losses, especially to the Patriots. The Chargers defense allowed almost 400 yards on the ground and allowed Adrian "All Day" Peterson to break the all-time single game rushing record. The Colts rush offense has been good and continued to be good against a good Pats D.

I like the Colts -3 but the game scares me a bit

heist4dmb

Thanks

Furt.

I just think Addai can go for 150. Not just because AP went OFF..but becasue Peyton takes what the D gives him.. Peyton without Marvin still moved the ball pretty well against a great Pats D...and The SD D is so weak against the run and pass..I just see peyton going off, and addai getting his...and the Colts winning like 31-17

NickyNuckles
    NickyNuckles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by heist4dmb View Post
    I have no idea how this spread can be correct.

It will be bet up to about -5 atleast.

Im jumping on Indy NOW!

Who is with me?

any cause for concern for a trap??

I get they have to go out west but wont the colts be lookingto DRILL someone after the loss to the Pats.....
    The only thing that should scare you is, Gonzalez and Harrison are Questionable AND Peyton struggles against a 3-4 defense considerably. But the way Norv has messed up there I don't see it being a problem personally.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NickyNuckles View Post
    The only thing that should scare you is, Gonzalez and Harrison are Questionable AND Peyton struggles against a 3-4 defense considerably. But the way Norv has messed up there I don't see it being a problem personally.
    Yeah, I'm not sure I buy the "SD Defense sucks" angle, though they have underachieved, as a unit, and the loss of Castillo will hurt significantly. That said, I need to look at this game a little more carefully before saying I'm going against the Colts. At this point, I'd be tempted to wait for 4.5 and then hit SD...

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Chargers will probably win straight up, Colts never play well after a loss.

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

they are 3-0 after their last three loses to the Patriots... I'm not sure if I'm going to touch this game. Would probably lean Indy's way if I did

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm in big INDY -3.5. SD has Norv...that is worth AT LEAST 3-4 points for Indy.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Sounds too good to be true. I'm biting anyway.

jrcaces
    jrcaces's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colts -3.5 +40 units bet'em big

Mannheiser
    Mannheiser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go Colts, I bet on them early too. I dunno when the last time the Colts lost two in a row

cartay
    cartay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Liking the Colts, too. They are just too good to fall down. (But if anyone has the talent to catch them off-guard, it would be the Chargers.. how's that for waffling?! But I'll be on the Colts anyway)

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by Mannheiser View Post
    Go Colts, I bet on them early too. I dunno when the last time the Colts lost two in a row

Last year week 13 and 14

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    Chargers will probably win straight up, Colts never play well after a loss.
    8-11 ATS under Dungy after a loss.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I can't figure out the Chargers. I wouldn't count them out.

Peyton looks lost out there without Marvin.

I'll still go with the Colts, because the Colts D rocks.

Colts 21 Bolts 17

heist4dmb

great response fellas.

New Handicapper in town...

Trying to learn the ropes, and gauge some reactions. I appreicate everyones input.

Ive got the Colts -3 (bought 1/2 point)

good luck on this one...I think its close, I just see the Colts D containing the LT..and making Rivers try and beat them...

doesnt happen, Colts 27 Bolts 17

MJFtheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by Mannheiser View Post
    last year man, lost to dallas and then lost to the Texans. After they played the Texans they lost to the Titans I think, so they lost 3 in a row last season. You have a great memory dont ya

MJFtheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    8-11 ATS under Dungy after a loss.
    what did they do last year after a loss?

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

Play the under when its out

Mannheiser
    Mannheiser's Avatar Become A Pro!

memory

I do have a horrible memory, and I had a gut feeling they probably did lose two in a row recently and people would be quick to point that out.

I still bet the colts.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have to go with the dog. I know Chargers have not won against winning teams, but they have a whole lot more to play for here than Indy. Colts have already lost the battle for home field to Pats. Chargers are 4-4... Fading the Colts here. This is SD's home game of the year.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I live in Indy and I'm a huge Colts fan of course! That being said, that's why I usually shy away from their games. As far as coming off a loss, you can't compare last seasons track record to this version...especially defensively! CB's Jackson and Hayden are much more physical and at times it feels like 4 safeties in run support! Bob Sanders has stayed healthy as well...so far? I'm scared of SD for several reasons but a Patriots hangover isn't one of them. The Colts know they're a special team too at full strength...much more complete than last years team...and the Steelers/Titans are breathing down our necks for the #2 seed! With LT/Gates in mind though I wouldn't bet the Colts until they release their LB status. We're literally down to Brackett and Boiman at this point! I've also heard a rumor that Marvin may be shut down for the year and this person does massage therapy on the players and knows their wives. She told me about Tarik Glenn retiring atleast 2 weeks before it was announced! If it turns out true, the Colts have little to no shot to beat the Pats in Foxboro imo! Teams can defense the Colts a helluva lot easier w/Marvin out obviously! Gonzalez (who is questionable himself) hasn't developed the rapport w/Peyton yet! Be careful here!
    Last edited by Mr Handicapable; 11-07-07 at 12:18 PM.

eglickman
    eglickman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Definitely taking Colts -3. The Chargers are highly inconsistent and were overrated last year. They have already lost a few games this season to some of the worst teams in the league.

NapoleonEli
    NapoleonEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EGGY6199 View Post
    Play the under when its out
    Im playing the under at 48.5

buzzsawl
    buzzsawl's Avatar Become A Pro!

get in at -3 now

mark wahlberg
    mark wahlberg's Avatar Become A Pro!

chargers suck and are not even a top 10 team. collts are second best team in all of football and manning will have his way against suspect chargers secondary. bet the colts if you like money

sting555
    sting555's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Chargers can win this one IF they can manage to get pressure on Manning. Their pass rush has not been as effective this year as it has been the last couple years. If Shaun Philips plays and Merriman steps up, then the Colts are in for a long day. I'm taking the Chargers ML and hoping for the Chargers to step it up for this pivotal home game. They need LT to have a decent game on the ground and take some of the pressure off of Rivers.

Mr Nuts
    Mr Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colts by 10 easy.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    last year man, lost to dallas and then lost to the Texans. After they played the Texans they lost to the Titans I think, so they lost 3 in a row last season. You have a great memory dont ya
    I'm pretty sure Hou was the last team to beat Indy before the latest loss to NE.

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19739

I am going with the letdown hangover theory. gonna have to go with Sdiego

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Skidcom View Post
    I am going with the letdown hangover theory. gonna have to go with Sdiego
    Don't say I didn't warn you. SD is going to get Norv'd on Sunday, and INDY trounces them.

Crutch
    Crutch's Avatar Become A Pro!

You have to take Indy

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

colts in a blowout...the public is scared of sd based on talent and last yr, the fact is they aren't very good this yr and norv is simply terrible as a hc. indy for some reason seems to be consistently undervalued this yr, it's really tough for me to understand why...maybe because the offense isn't putting up 35 a game?? indy 31-10

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

God Bless the Colts this weekend.

12 Last