Mason
    Mason's Avatar Become A Pro!

AP, new NFL single game rushing record.....

Adrian Peterson racked up 296 yds today and set the NFL single game rushing record in the process. If not for hog collar tackle that was called a penalty he would have had 350 yds.

Take that LT!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Peterson is a beast! I'm just glad I made that trade for him in my FF league.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was watching this dude run. He doesn't try to evade, he doesn't do any fancy footwork, he just runs right over top of people. I watched him pick up 5 yards after being hit by the entire defensive front line at the line of scrimmage. If the QB had pushed from behind he would have picked up more yards.

Why do QBs run away from the play after they hand off, they should move into the play as a blocker.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is so utterly amazing.

forex
    forex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    I was watching this dude run. He doesn't try to evade, he doesn't do any fancy footwork, he just runs right over top of people. I watched him pick up 5 yards after being hit by the entire defensive front line at the line of scrimmage. If the QB had pushed from behind he would have picked up more yards.

Why do QBs run away from the play after they hand off, they should move into the play as a blocker.
    because they are pussies and dont want to gt hurt

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17033

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post

The same reason they slide on running plays--to prevent injuries. Would you really like to use your qb to block 300lb defenders...get real!

greg66
    greg66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unreal against a top defense as well.

john pavlic
    john pavlic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will end up as one of the best ever, if only for 5 or 6 years. That boy is unreal!!!

hairydawg75
    hairydawg75's Avatar Become A Pro!

It seems like he is running better in the NFL than he was at Oklahoma, and that was pretty darn good!

Mason
    Mason's Avatar Become A Pro!

I never bought the injury prone knock on him. People get hurt, doesn't make them injury prone. To me injury prone is injury after injury after injury, especially ones that hamper you but don't sideline you. not two freak injuries like the broken collar bone that absolutely sideline you.

I thought even in college that he is a force of nature along the lines of a Hershell Walker, Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders. Just one of those guys that is a thouroughbred among thouroughbreds.

Enjoy the show.