Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Colts vs Pats you do the math

According to AccuScore data,

The PATRIOTS currently have a 30% chance of going 16-0,which is statistically a huge number.However if they beat the Colts on sunday,NEW ENGLAND'S probability of going undefeated literally doubles to 60 %.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I believe it. I've analyzed their schedule, and barring major injuries should they get past the Colts they aren't losing to an overrated Pitts just because its cold & windy in December!

Wheell
    Wheell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1022

only issue would be the meaningless game(s).

DrunkenLullaby
    DrunkenLullaby's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    According to AccuScore data,

The PATRIOTS currently have a 30% chance of going 16-0,which is statistically a huge number.However if they beat the Colts on sunday,NEW ENGLAND'S probability of going undefeated literally doubles to 60 %.
    I don't want to do the math...and apparently neither did the folks at Accuscore. Unless Sunday's game is a pick'em, there is no way that winning that single game can "literally double" New England's chances.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheell View Post
    only issue would be the meaningless game(s).
    Maybe it is wanting to steamroll everyone, perhaps a little screw you factor post spygate, whatever it is this team is playing awfully inspired. So inspired that they will leave their star players in a 4th quarter w/ a 38 pt lead to add more points. I question just how meaningless any game will be for them this year.

If they continue down the stretch undefeated, you think they'll warm the bench and allow something like a 14-0 record to slip away? Not a chance in hell. Belichick started Brady last year before the playoffs versus the Titans, he wants his guys ready, and when you got an offensive line like that Brady is pretty damn safe anyway. They will stay loose, play a few quarters, hang a bunch of points then rest a few series.

Al Masters

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenLullaby View Post
    I don't want to do the math...and apparently neither did the folks at Accuscore. Unless Sunday's game is a pick'em, there is no way that winning that single game can "literally double" New England's chances.
    Im just the messanger on this one bud.

I play alot of cards like to think i have half a grasp of odds& probabilities, but couldn't figure this one out one way or another.

Thus the title of the thread.

It is there on the ESPN site.

Al Masters

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    Maybe it is wanting to steamroll everyone, perhaps a little screw you factor post spygate, whatever it is this team is playing awfully inspired. So inspired that they will leave their star players in a 4th quarter w/ a 38 pt lead to add more points. I question just how meaningless any game will be for them this year.

If they continue down the stretch undefeated, you think they'll warm the bench and allow something like a 14-0 record to slip away? Not a chance in hell. Belichick started Brady last year before the playoffs versus the Titans, he wants his guys ready, and when you got an offensive line like that Brady is pretty damn safe anyway. They will stay loose, play a few quarters, hang a bunch of points then rest a few series.
    Agreed Crazy, you know belichick he will certainly be playing for immortality.