Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lions -2.5 looks REAL GOOD! Let's discuss this one...

Detroit Lions -2.5

I am really liking this one for Sunday fellas... The Lions are 3-0 @ the friendly confines of Ford Field this year... Last 2 games @ home they have covered, first game against Minny they pushed... This Lions team is very improved and I have been very impressed by them... I am still pissed at myself that I took the Browns UNDER 6 wins for the season rather than the Lions OVER 5 wins! UNREAL! Anyways, the Broncos just don't look good this season! THE BRONCOS HAVE NOT PLAYED A ROAD GAME IN 5 COUNT EM 5 WEEKS! Thats crazy to me! The Lions may give Kevin Jones a few more carries on Sunday against that porous Broncs run D! Even though Bly and Bailey patrol the corners for Denver, they sure didn't look to effective on Monday when James Jones and Greg Jennings both had 60+ yard TD receptions... I think the Lions roll in this one by atleast 7 on Sunday! I'm gonna throw a couple units on this one!

Anyone else with me? I know the fvckin Prick is, but WHO CARES! He can win this one and lose the rest!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I am not betting this game, but I will be cheering the Lions on.

Good luck P2M.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for this thread P2M. The more I think about this one, the more I like the Lions.

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

have been looking at the stats to try to justify why i have taken denver +3. i am not yet sold on detroit because they have been so poor in recent years and they have yet to beat a team this year with a currrent winning record. meanwhile, denver has played a pretty tough schedule the last 5 weeks, so the fact that denver has better road stats (only 2 games ) may continue in this contest with the lions. against better competition, the broncs have more first downs (5) then their opps while detroit is (-19)..denver is converting 48 percent on 3rd down while detroit is 30 percent. denver has more injuries, but has an edge in the kicking game. if cutler can keep from throwing interceptions, i think denver will win this one straight up.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Detroits offense has under performed all year but still managed to win games, while Denver's secondary is very good. I am staying away from this game because I couldn't really make up my mind.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is why the LIONS will lose

1. Detroit is 26th in the league in rushing ypg
    2. Detroit is 18th in the league in def rush ypg allowed with 108.9
    3. Denver is 6th in the league in pass ypg allowed with 187.6
    4. Detroit is 30th in the league in pass ypg allowed with 258.3

Detroit also bucked their trend last week. Before the game in Soldier Field, Detroit covered at home, lost on the road. They covered on the road and I see them losing here at home.

Bottom line, Detroit doesn't run the ball well, which is Denver's defensive weakness.
    Denver does run the ball well (124 ypg), which is Detroit's weakness. Well everything on defense is a problem for Detroit.

Denver +3

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think we have a very close game on our hands here. I'm hoping the Lions win for you cause I'd like to see them at 6-2 which will give them a decent chance to make the playoffs.

GL p2m

babytyger
    babytyger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

AFC dominance over NFC. Denver will win outright!

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

My system suggests Lions by 8

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    I think we have a very close game on our hands here. I'm hoping the Lions win for you cause I'd like to see them at 6-2 which will give them a decent chance to make the playoffs.

GL p2m
    Thanks man... I don't like the looks of the statistics that Austin threw out there at me, but they are just that STATS! This Lions team has shown toughness and determination to grind out games this year... I'll take the Lions, a team with one more days rest than the Broncs and not having to travel! Lions by 9 on Sunday! Eggy your 8 sounds perfect! I hope this one hits!

Last edited by Peyton2MarvinN06; 11-02-07 at 12:11 PM.

Pistol Pete
    Pistol Pete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well also p2m thos stats are from all year. In the start of season all they did was throw the ball. Now there are starting to run alot more with jones back. Their run game was very good last week against the bears, and considering how bad denver is at stopping the run they should have a good game. Denver let GB have their first 100 rushing game lol.

I think since they have shown lately they can and will run, which will lead to more play action and less pressure on kitna, they should have a very good chance in this game. Also as you have said Denver has not looked as good on road at all.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Denver maybe 6th in pass defense, but Green Bay burnt them long twice with less talented wide receivers. I think Williams and Johnson could have a field day, especially if the Lions can get a rush going on that pitiful Bronco rush defense.

Broncos 17
    Lions 30

alexda[]
    alexda[]'s Avatar Become A Pro!

on detroit with ya. gl to u

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    Denver maybe 6th in pass defense, but Green Bay burnt them long twice with less talented wide receivers. I think Williams and Johnson could have a field day, especially if the Lions can get a rush going on that pitiful Bronco rush defense.

Broncos 17
    Lions 30
    I like the prediction Looker! Who else are you on this week bud?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Denver will get burned on dome turf. Detroit receivers are too fast for them to stop.

Detroit wins and covers the spread.

Detroit -3 +105

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06 View Post
    Thanks man... I don't like the looks of the statistics that Austin threw out there at me, but they are just that STATS! This Lions team has shown toughness and determination to grind out games this year... I'll take the Lions, a team with one more days rest than the Broncs and not having to travel! Lions by 9 on Sunday! Eggy your 8 sounds perfect! I hope this one hits!

I'm sorry, but how has Detroit shown toughness? By beating Oakland & Chicago? Or getting blown out at RFK?

austintx05

one last note, Detroit has not been scoring 30+ like they need to handle teams, due to their lack of defense. They struggled v TB & Chicago to score....

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    one last note, Detroit has not been scoring 30+ like they need to handle teams, due to their lack of defense. They struggled v TB & Chicago to score....
    I call a defense that let only 23 points in their last two games good.

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I call a defense that let only 23 points in their last two games good.
    because Chicago & Tampa are offensive juggernauts

babytyger

Jon Kitna is not Brett Favre!

Last week: Indy, Cleveland, Jacksonville, New England covered their spread against NFC foes. The only exception was Denver, it was Monday Night game. I picked Green Bay to cover. Most single are fixed!

mshanedub420
    mshanedub420's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Detroit will cover as well. (WOW)Denver can't pass. SHUT DOWN THE RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!simple as that.........
    Last edited by mshanedub420; 11-02-07 at 03:54 PM. Reason: WOW i hate Jax so much I actually put them in instead of Den for a min

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

Lions are an excellent team at home and should run all over the Broncs - just like everyone else. Even GB ran on them - like the play - GL!

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    because Chicago & Tampa are offensive juggernauts
    You give all these reasons for Detroit being so horrible, but what are your reasons for Denver winning this game Sunday? I think this line is a point or two low actually... Cutler has not shown nearly enough to impress me... Lynch is gonna be out and Henry is not 100%... Kitna will hit atleast 1 or 2 big pass plays for TD's Sunday, Jones will be able to run the ball on Denver's shvtty ass run D, and like I said before Denver hasn't played on the road since they were here in Indy- 5 WEEKS AGO!!! I think this line is a point or two low actually... I will be very surprised if the Lions don't win this game by 7-10 points!

Props to everyone who is on the Lions! This is the right side in this one regardless of what happens... Denver has had 1 count em 1 good game this season against Pittsburgh and they were lucky they pulled that one out! Lions come strong on Sunday and cover!

austintx05

denver is going to win but they will run, run , run. Cutler looked good early v GB but GB defense threw him out of rythym. And Kitna is no where near the gunslinger Favre is.

Crutch
    Crutch's Avatar Become A Pro!

im not sure the Lione look good this year but i think i will stay away from this one.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by babytyger View Post
    Jon Kitna is not Brett Favre!
    Maybe not, but Kitna has better targets, and should be able to sling the ball to them pretty well.

Actually if you go by the QB rating to this point, Kitna (9th) is a spot ahead of Brett (10th) in QB Rankings. Kitna (7.87) also averages more yard per pass then Brett (7.47), and Kitna (69.4%) also has a better completion percentage then Brett (66.1%).

I guess they aren't to far off from each other.

babytyger

Greg Jennings, James Jones, Donald Driver, Brett Favre and the Packers offensive as a unit is much better than Detroit. Detroit got whacked by the Redskins. Green Bay and Washington are equaled (-3, homefield advantage).

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06 View Post
    You give all these reasons for Detroit being so horrible, but what are your reasons for Denver winning this game Sunday? I think this line is a point or two low actually... Cutler has not shown nearly enough to impress me... Lynch is gonna be out and Henry is not 100%... Kitna will hit atleast 1 or 2 big pass plays for TD's Sunday, Jones will be able to run the ball on Denver's shvtty ass run D, and like I said before Denver hasn't played on the road since they were here in Indy- 5 WEEKS AGO!!! I think this line is a point or two low actually... I will be very surprised if the Lions don't win this game by 7-10 points!

Props to everyone who is on the Lions! This is the right side in this one regardless of what happens... Denver has had 1 count em 1 good game this season against Pittsburgh and they were lucky they pulled that one out! Lions come strong on Sunday and cover!

You forgot to mention Denver's horrible record playing on indoor turf where weather or altitude is not an issue and their slow speed on defense is exposed. If I remember correctly last year they lost to Rams in St. Louis and this year to Colts in Indy quite easily.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

This is the same Det defense that made Phila look like the Pats on offense. I going with Den. Don't trust Det's defense.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by babytyger View Post
    Greg Jennings, James Jones, Donald Driver, Brett Favre and the Packers offensive as a unit is much better than Detroit.
    Much better? Not sure about that.

Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, Kevin Jones (RB), John Kitna (This year as good if not better then Brett). You could even throw Shaun McDonald and Mike Furrey in there, they both have over 30 receptions.

So much better, I doubt that.

Hemlock21
    Hemlock21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

If your impressed with the Lions then you haven't watch them play. reading the box score tells you nothing. Denver is the only way to play this game. Please don't take the lions P2M you will be sorry. Denver's run defense isn't all that bad either who cares what the stats say. Have you noticed who denver has played this season. This game is a bad match up for the Lions. It's their first real test of the season. D. Bly and C. Bailey will be ready for this game after not respecting B. Farve arm. It's also a revenge game for D. Bly. Denver by two touchdowns. ML is the play here.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL w/this P2M, you stirred the pot up w/this one....

Hope DET comes thru....then I only need 1 more WIN to cover my DET Over6.5-WINS this season

beaneaters
    beaneaters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2031

I dunno, I think Detroit is one of the better plays of the weekend. Denver needed a last-second field goal to beat Buffalo, and a last-play miss from Janikowski in Oakland, or else they'd be 1-6. And they've lost four of their last five. I take Detroit at home and give the points.

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

That Denver secondary is beat up. Champ is dinged up, Bly is dinged up and Lynch is out. Denver can't stop the run (32nd), this will be a decent time for Kevin Jones to get on track. I like Detroit by a TD or better.

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL P2M. I went the other way with Denver. The Denver Post has Travis Henry starting so this bolds well for all Broncos supporters.
    Although he hasnt had a great 07 campaign, 3 of his big rushing games have been against Buffalo, Oak, and Indy. 2 of them being on the Road. I see their 4 losses in last 5 games but lets look at who they've been playing>>>>Jax, Indy, SD, Pitts and GB. A combined 27-8 Record. Not too many teams will come out with wins versus these opponents....regardless of being at home or not.
    Im hoping Broncos commit to the run , they need to control the clock and time of possession. Cutler is no Griese...so the int's should be way down. Not to take anything away from the Lions 5-2 season but their opponents are nowhere near what denver faced. All wins against Oak, Minny, Chicago (twice) and TB. All but TB a losing record. 2 wins against an underachieving Bears team. Griese threw 7 INT's in those 2....(cutler has 8 INT's in 7 games. Not exactly staggering numbers in itself but much more improved than 7 in 2 games)
    Sometimes playing AWAY can help a team, it's not like they are playing terrible football on the road. Also Detroit isnt exactly blowing out teams at home either.
    Detroit has beaten teams that are no good, that's what u expect. And u have to start somewhere. And Denver isnt exactly a winning team. I think both teams have played and performed as expected with respect to the schedule that was given to them. What they do in their last 7 Weeks will be the telling tale. All teams except Minny with winning records and either leading the Division or a solid 2nd.
    For the present time though, they have to contain Henry, minimize their INT's and sacks. They have the potential to explode for points...but I'l take the +3.

12 Last