NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Underdogs To Check for Week 9

Underdogs in bold

Carolina at Tenn

The Panthers are 4-0 on the road and the Tenn has not been impressive in my opinion. They should have lost to Atl and Oak at home plus the Panthers can stop the run and make life miserable for Young.

Jacksonville at New Orleans

The Saints have won 3 straight but they still can't run the ball. I can't see Brees droping back and throwing the ball 35-45 times against Jacksonville's pass rush. Jacksonville will just line up and run with Taylor and Drews-Jone and Gray will make enough passes against that suspect secondary.

Denver at Detroit

Detroit appears to have turned the corner on offense know that the they are getting Kevin Jones involved in the running the game, but I still don't trust their defense. I see Denver doing anything they want on offense. Remeber this is the same defense that let Philly score 56, Jason Campbell look like Peyton Manning and Earnest Graham look like LT

Seattle at Clevland

The Browns look good on offense but they still struggle to run the ball and D Anderson who has been playing well is prone to throwing ints and is average against tough defenses. I see Seattle doing what ever they want on offense because the Browns defense is horrible

NE at Indy

No need to explain. There are enough threads about this game.

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

My favorite dog pick in my preliminary look is Cardinal @ Buccs
    I still got a lot of work to do on break downs though so perhaps my mind will change.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

There are other games being played this week besides the Pats/Colts? I thought the rest were canceled, ESPN is only covering them so I thought the rest were postponed.

In any case, I don't know that now is the time to fade the Lions. Wow I never thought I'd say that. It appears Jon Kitna has actually got his Nostradamus cap on and is deadset to reach 10 wins. No opinion on others at the moment.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with much of your thinking NardVa. Only one thing stood out as maybe worth a look. "Panthers can stop the run and make life miserable for Young." Panthers' defensive line has been a problem. Only 4 sacks on the season, worst in NFL. Panthers' run defense is mediocre, as is its pass defense.
    Last edited by regularguy; 10-30-07 at 01:46 PM.

NardVa

Quote Originally Posted by regularguy View Post
    I agree with much of your thining NardVa. Only one thing stood out as maybe worth a look. "Panthers can stop the run and make life miserable for Young." Panthers' defensive line has been a problem. Only 4 sacks on the season, worst in NFL. Panthers' run defense is mediocre, as is its pass defense.

You are right the Panthers pass defense isn't that good and they can't sack anybody, but against the run I think they're average. They give up 113 yards a game, but remeber Tenn has only rushed for more than 100 yrds 3 out of 7 games.

NardVa

Quote Originally Posted by prop View Post
    My favorite dog pick in my preliminary look is Cardinal @ Buccs
    I still got a lot of work to do on break downs though so perhaps my mind will change.

In my opinion Tampa is to good against the past and I don't trust Kurt Warner with the messed up left arm. If the Cardinals can get their running game going they might get the upset but I doubt it. Kurt looked a little shaky playing Washington.

KidDynamite
    KidDynamite's Avatar Become A Pro!

This week doesn't really seem to have any good matchups to bet on. Looking at most of these games all the teams appear to be equally crappy. I don't see a whole lot of plays that I feel strong about. I like NE, SD, and not sure yet but maybe DAL. Otherwise I'm not betting on any of the other games.

Crutch
    Crutch's Avatar Become A Pro!

I could see Carolina and Seattle depends on who starts for Carolina

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Only have to disagree on one, as I like the Saints on Sunday.

Good luck with them.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Crutch View Post
    I could see Carolina and Seattle depends on who starts for Carolina
    Carolina?! Depends who starts?!?! So, it's a huge difference whether it's Vinny, Carr, Jeff George?!?!?! When it comes to Carolina, just leave this sleeping dog alone.

Same with Arizona.

Otherwise I'm on board with Jax & Seattle. Browns need to show me one more quality win, and beating Seattle would do it, but I doubt it. Saints are coming alive, but Jax is too tough for the Saints to cover this week.

I'll add Buff against Cincy. Cincy is just horrendous right now.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

If young keeps playing like he has the Carolina D won't need a pass rush.

azgrande18
    azgrande18's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I had to pick one I would go with Seattle.

STEELCURTAIN3288
    STEELCURTAIN3288's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Saints and Seattle this week as well.

copper
    copper's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll take Cincy. Bills won on the road and now come home and lay points. Cincy will score points and the Bills can't. Cincy D will make enough stops to win.

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

I like Buf a lot but I'll play the ML unless it gets up to +3 or better.

I like Jax against NO as well.

Right now, I would take Detroit over Denver, with the way their secondary is beat up.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i too have many dogs this week

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Packers.