mshanedub420
    mshanedub420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nfl London-!!!!!us Rep=eli Manning?!?!

Does anyone else think it was a dumb idea to have the first NFL game in London represented by Eli Manning and the Giants?? I don't think he is the "athlete" we should first show the people across the pond. I think it should have been the Patriots and Colts. Even before the season started, I think it would have been a good idea to schedule the Superbowl Champs vs another good team. I just dont want the NFL to get any less respect than it already has across seas. Anyone Agree??? I mean,, its ELI MANNING!!!!!!!!!!Hes got great speed.......no, what an arm....not really,

LUNT101
    LUNT101's Avatar Become A Pro!

the british wouldn't appreciate more talented quarterbacks anyway because they don't understand the game or how its played. there were people with giants hats booing the giants for kneeling at the end of the game... they just wanted to see some americans on steroids hitting the sht out of each other.

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any Londoner's on this forum go to that game? Wonder what the local buzz was? Sending the patriots or colts during mid season overseas, the way they are playing. I'd be outraged if i was a New Englander or Indy local. WHo cares about selling NFL to London, I'm looking at the playoffs....why would u want to disrupt their rhythm and travel schedule in mid-season? Can u imagine a Champion League Team coming to the U.S.. U'd see a riot for sure for something ridiculous like that.

mickyr
    mickyr's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont think the NFL shouldve taken any regular season game abroad. Id be pretty pissed off as a payed up Miami fan at that stunt.

Same why Id be pissed off if they took a Manchester United regular season game to the states. Its the National Football League and the English Premiership for a reason. Keep the marketing bullshit to the preseason.

That aside the game itself was pretty terrible. The conditions and Miamis record didnt help. Probably wont stop the marketing team going after the extra $$$ next year though... (China?)

mshanedub420

I agree Mickyr, and JaHGGer , I just figured if we are going all the way to London to display something, we could atleast make it decent.

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Afghanistan. Dress up the local militias and insurgents as the opponents to play against The Cowboys. Sell it on pay-per-view for a Monday Night Game with Borat, John Madeen and a local tribesman commentating. Thats' better marketing than China

mshanedub420

haha good shit, your really not kidding, those insurgents can duck and dodge like youve never seen

mickyr
    mickyr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ha. Cant wait to see the Grenade punt.