imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rams +3.5 looks like a really good play.

Thinking about the Rams this week.

Rams have been close to winning a couple of times this season. Bulger is playing and is facing the worst defense in the NFL.

Steven Jackson might even play.

Bad defense on the road usually means losing.. Getting 3pts possibly 3.5 sounds like a plan to me.

Would love your thoughts.

Seems like a good spot for the Rams.

Getting points @ HOME versus a Browns team who doesn't normally play on Turf and has a pathetic defense. People think the Browns are good right now, they really aren't. I don't think.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Normally I'd be all over this one myself IMG, however the rams can't seem to find the enzone right now which scares me quite a bit. So needless to say I gotta pass.

BOL to you

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

leaning toward the Rams at this moment

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

I am not on anything in this game. Rams are just to scary to bet at this point, and I feel the Browns aren't good enough to be favored on the road.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes, this is the sucker bet of the week. Anyone laying road chalk with Cleveland needs their head examined.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I would think this is a good percentage play this week but I don't know if the coach can get these guys motivated enough to win a game for once, I think the Rams are in big trouble here and I would take the Browns if I was playing the game but I am going to stay away from it because you would be betting against a trend here and that isn't good.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14501

yeah, I'm gonna pass on this one img, but good luck whatever you decide . . .

imgv94

Rams will be motivated IMO. Thanks for the responses.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

gl this week amigo

imgv94

gracias.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    yes, this is the sucker bet of the week. Anyone laying road chalk with Cleveland needs their head examined.
    Agreed. It's is simple as that. Way too much respect for the Browns on the road with this line. Jackson's probable, and the Browns' defense can't stop anyone. Rams + is one of the better plays this weekend. St. Louis isn't losing this game.

imgv94

Glad some sharp minds agree. Rams will definitely be included in my card.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

imgv.

Did you see my Trend of the Week (Ugly Pick) thread?

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can probably tell that I'm a Browns fan but in my completely unbiased opinion I like the Browns in this one. I know you're all thinking "yeah right" but its evidenced by the fact I actually laid money on this one. If there is one thing I've learned growing up in Cleveland it is to NEVER NEVER NEVER bet on a Cleveland team. Because most of the time they suck and when they are good... they blow it... I have been burned betting for them so many times I told myself I would never do it again... funny thing is, on the two occasions I buried my Cleveland pride and bet against them, they won! It rough being a fan here sometimes...

so, with that being said, I like the Browns. I don't care if "Home teams that lost by 24 or more the previous week are 100-80 ATS"... Thats no basis for a pick... The Rams sorry state is, on the other hand, a good reason. I think they will have problems stopping the pass as I don't see anyone being able to efficiently cover Winslow or Edwards. The Browns offensive line has only allowed a couple sacks since week 1 and I don't think the STL D can get pressure on DA... Jamal Lewis was limited in practice yesterday but should be ready to go. If not, Jason Wright has played well in his absence.

More importantly, the state of the Rams offense is sorry. Bulger and Jackson maybe be back but they are not 100%. Even when they played they were playing poor. Jackson averaged just 3.3 yards per carry and Bulger threw 2 TDs and 7 picks. Overall, Ram QBs have thrown 5 tds and 15 picks. The number of broken ribs falls somewhere in the middle of those two numbers. As a team, the Rams only muster 82 yards a game on the ground. There is no doubt why that are last in the league in scoring offense.

I'm not saying they don't have talent but when you have several of your best O-linemen injured, you are not going to get much done. This is a big key because one of the Browns biggest problems has been their pass rush. I expect the Browns DL to have success against a horrendous Rams line.

The Rams are 1-6 ATS while the Browns are 4-1. I think just about everything but home field advantage points to Cleveland in this one. I think the Rams home field is the only thing that keeps this game from being a blowout
    Last edited by Furt; 10-26-07 at 10:40 AM.

Mannheiser
    Mannheiser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I bet on the Rams ML not because I think they are a garuntee to win, but I think they have a good shot at winning. Their pass D isn't that bad (currently at 10th) but their rush D is horrible. However, I am not a Jamal Lewis fan or a Wright fan. Furt made some good points, but the Rams still have fire power that will eventually ignite, just like the Saints did against the Seahawks. I think they have a good chance at this against the Browns poor D. It is usually not a good idea to bet on a team with poor D on the road.