EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

Huge Play

I am just loving this one:

Saints -2.5 turned the corner playing an very average team
    +
    My Skins +16.5 Just far to high this line. So the Pats beat an totally over rated Dallas. This will be the first close game they have to play each year. Gibbs can win this one. There are alot of reasons why the Pats can slip up here and that spread is huge.

50 unit double... Are you ready for a block buster play.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I was thinking the Saints. The skins line is high, but I can picture NE up by 10 running out the clock the final drive and sticking it in the end zone to win by 17.

IWishIWasRich
    IWishIWasRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Saints are still a bad team, at least they are trying now.

aspera1163
    aspera1163's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree on the Saints. They should be able to beay a depleted 49ers team that is struggling to stay above water. San Fran's D is alot better than last year but I still do not see them stopping the new and improved Saints offense that is looking more like last year and less like last month.

The thing that puts me over the top on taking the Saints giving 2.5 is the fact that last year Reggie Bush went completely ape shit on the 49ers D and Eric Johnson is now playing for the Saints and is looking to have a big game against his old team.

*Saints -2.5 for 1 unit*

Crutch
    Crutch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by IWishIWasRich View Post
    The Saints are still a bad team, at least they are trying now.
    ya they are getting better but what happened?

azgrande18
    azgrande18's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like a good pick to me.

Thomasha7
    Thomasha7's Avatar Become A Pro!

I went with the saints. I think they will win the game by at least 7. If not more.

Macdad
    Macdad's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with the saints. I have the game circled myself. However, How can anyone bet against the Pats. They may score that spread in the first quarter. I will not bet the game and good luck! They are just beyond words.

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love you're two picks. They are up there as two of my best bets of the week. I have money on the Saints. I refuse to bet against New England on principle but I do believe the Skins game is closer than 17.

I really don't believe the Saints are a bad team. They had a horrible start and lost their confidence. But I think they're getting it back. Their rush defense has improved though they're still shaky through the air (we'll see how the far against smith and his receivers... wait, what receivers?). As far as Brees goes, you don't throw for 4400 yards on a fluke... he's struggled but i believe their offense will get it going this week...

Thomasha7
    Thomasha7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Furt View Post
    I love you're two picks. They are up there as two of my best bets of the week. I have money on the Saints. I refuse to bet against New England on principle but I do believe the Skins game is closer than 17.

I really don't believe the Saints are a bad team. They had a horrible start and lost their confidence. But I think they're getting it back. Their rush defense has improved though they're still shaky through the air (we'll see how the far against smith and his receivers... wait, what receivers?). As far as Brees goes, you don't throw for 4400 yards on a fluke... he's struggled but i believe their offense will get it going this week...
    Couldn't have said it any better. I also think the Saints are better than there getting credit for. Now they just need to win big this weekend so I don't look like a complete idiot.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi Eggy:

(By the way, thanks for turning me on to the Giants about 3 weeks ago. I've been doing well with them ever since.)

I have a bad feeling about the Saints this week. I started another thread, before realizing that this was being discussed here (sorry about that). I just feel like the 49ers might get a boost from returning Alex Smith, and that they might be ready to pull an upset. I haven't decided whether to bet it though.

Good luck.

Mannheiser
    Mannheiser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I went with the 49ers ML on this one. The saint's D is bad, very bad, and they are on the road. I don't like bad D on the road. The 49ers have an improved D, and I am not sold on the saints yet. The saints could barely get by teh Falcons this week. I am liking this to be an upset. IF the Saints blow them out like they would have last year, then I say they turned the corner.

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mannheiser View Post
    I went with the 49ers ML on this one. The saint's D is bad, very bad, and they are on the road. I don't like bad D on the road. The 49ers have an improved D, and I am not sold on the saints yet. The saints could barely get by teh Falcons this week. I am liking this to be an upset. IF the Saints blow them out like they would have last year, then I say they turned the corner.
    I have to say, I don't think the Saints D is as bad as you think. Through the air... okay, its pretty bad. But the 49ers have the worst pass offense in the league. At home they only average 97 through the air Yikes! The Saints run D is not bad giving up less than 100 a game on the ground while SF only gets 88 (less at home!! only 82)... Add to that that Gore is banged up with a tender ankle and I don't see the 49ers moving the ball... even against an average defense. Overall the Saints give up 25 and the 49ers 23 points a game... So there is not a huge difference there. The LARGE disparity lies in the two teams offensive firepower

Everyone says SFs defense is good... but its not. Its average. At home they are 20th in scoring defense and 21st versus the run.
    Last edited by Furt; 10-26-07 at 01:44 PM.

dmiles1021
    YouWager.eu
    dmiles1021's Avatar Become A Pro!

are you feeling okay betting against the pats??? u must be crazy

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EGGY6199 View Post
    I am just loving this one:

Saints -2.5 turned the corner playing an very average team
    +
    My Skins +16.5 Just far to high this line. So the Pats beat an totally over rated Dallas. This will be the first close game they have to play each year. Gibbs can win this one. There are alot of reasons why the Pats can slip up here and that spread is huge.

50 unit double... Are you ready for a block buster play.
    Disagree with both your plays.. Alex Smith is coming back for the 49ers which will give them a huge boost.. And I have a good feeling the patriots will cover the skins.. As good as the skins secondary is I still don't think they can stop randy moss. Lets no forget the patriots have no problem running up the score when they're winning.

Mannheiser
    Mannheiser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good Points Furt

But I must say, the Saints D has not been tested with the run...Their last three opponets had Carolina, Seattle, and Atlanta. Not the premiere rushing attack. Also 49ers had to deal with Giants, bmore, and seattle. Saints D also doesn't sack very often, giving Alex Smith time.

But I will agree that on Paper, Saints look good. Infact, I was surprised they opened with what, -2.5? I was going to bet it hard. But I looked a little more and decided to jump ship. Maybe I will regret it.

I think it is a true telling point of the Saints, no matter what. If they lose, then 2006 was the fluke. If they win big, they just had a bad start and are turning the corner. If they win by just a little, they are better than the Falcons and 49ers, but not by much.

We seem to disagree on some of our picks. GL to the ones we agree on!

heist4dmb
    heist4dmb's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like...

Tenn -7
    Over 38 Buf and NYJ
    and Buff+2

Any Thoughts?

sirwinzalot
    sirwinzalot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

How can anyone in their right mind lay points with the Saints on the road? Terrible bet in my opinion. Do you know how many yards the Saints gave up last week? San Fran +2.5 at home for me.