KidDynamite
    KidDynamite's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quoting louis Washington could also blow out Miami, don't be overly impressed by this one game this past weekend. What???? Those chumps could barely hold off Arizona.
    Last edited by KidDynamite; 10-24-07 at 01:01 AM.

louis
    louis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 431

I can't find Washington +17 so I'm probably not taking this bet anyhow; Washington +16 or +16.5 is advantageous but not enough for me. I'll be looking at half, halftime, quarters, etc. etc. instead. By the way I am not an expert at Pleasers, but pleasing +16.5 does not seem like it is giving away a lot of key numbers. I am not saying it is a good please, but it is worth investigating especially in a high total game. Does anyone have any comments on this?

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

Okay I am a skins fan.

- We will be able to stop the running attack of NEng
    - The Was secondary is 4 first round picks

Campbell if opens up which he will have too in this game has the WRs to aim for.

Skins can even win this game however good the Pats are the skins are a team who have dominated in some of the games they have lost this year.

PLAY the skins 3STAR

louis

The skins can win the game but they are going to need some luck, confidence, motivation, and a refusal to give up. They will need to play like the Bills played the Cowboys recently, but then not give it up in the last minute! Hope for bad weather which can cause turnovers, or an early Washington lead to shut up the crowd.

These two teams have not had many common opponents and I think it is a lot harder to come up with a correct line than just inflating the line some more because the Patriots covered last week.

The public is not going to be betting -1400 or whatever on New England, they are going to want to win more money and take the spread; there usually is no value in huge money lines like this unless going for the fav, and then still only in a few situations - not this one.

This could be an upset; probably not, but there is a reasonable chance in my opinion, but still going to take the spread if it goes to 17, not the money line.

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

Without doubt only the Spread but play the skins. 2/3 turnovers + to the skins and they can win.

This is the Pats first real challange based on form

Zeroed
    Zeroed's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah i agree, started a similiar thread earlier the week

Deceptive
    Deceptive's Avatar Become A Pro!

At what point have the skins shown they can score with a team of the caliber of N.E. R. U. kidding me, what has washington done any differently than any other team N.E. has already beat and covered. Any argument for the skins is stupid and im sure the books will all enjoy taking your money. If 17 looks to high didny N.E. win by 21 last week DECEPTIVE

Crutch
    Crutch's Avatar Become A Pro!

17 points is a lot to give to any team in the nfl I am almost thinking skins

Zeroed
    Zeroed's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Crutch View Post
    17 points is a lot to give to any team in the nfl I am almost thinking skins
    Against NE it is only a lot vs a good team, look what happened to Miami. But the Redskins are ok, so 17 is good yes.

louis

Now, where do we get 17?

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've got 17 on my book. I think the Pats ATS streak ends Sunday. The Redskins have the best pass defense New England has faced yet. Brady can't go lobbing the ball to Moss like he did against the Dolphins with Sean Taylor running around in the secondary... Okay, well, he CAN, but those two touchdown passes in particular will be picked off this week. The Pats defense has been good but not great. If Portis can get going that will open up the air attack. I think the Skins keep this one close... Semi-close. 27-14 Pats

Furt

I have seen a few injury reports that list Brady as questionable... I have no doubt he will play. He's been listed as probable the last few weeks but hasn't considered missing a game nor has he in his entire career due to injury...

but is it possible that if he's feeling some pain he may not be on his game?

Just a thought...

Furt

I realize that over the past couple years he's been on and off the injured list with "a chronic shoulder problem believed to date back to 2002"... um, I'm just wondering what that was all about. He sat out practice Wed/Thurs. Does Belichick have an agenda? Or is Brady actually not 100%?

Poker Pirate
    Poker Pirate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hes been on the list since he was sacked once many years ago. Hes never been removed from the list sence then. Theres a bunch of running jokes about it, but anyway, be assued hes fine.

Deceptive
    Deceptive's Avatar Become A Pro!

Step Up To Your Words

ANYONE WHO CLAIMS IS TAKING THE SKINS ON THIS POST STEP UP TO YOUR SO CALLED HANDICAPPING KNOWLEDGE AND BET THAT IF THE SKINS DO LOSE BY THE SPREAD, THEN YOU WILL NOT POST ON HERE FOR A MONTH. IM TIRED OF STUPID PEOPLE WITH STUPID REASONING ON GAMES AND SITUATIONS THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. THE SKINS COME ON KNOW SERIOUSLY SO STEP UP AND WHEN THE SKINS DO LOSE SHUT THE HELL UP AND GET OFF THIS SITE FOR A MONTH WITH ALL OF YOUR SO CALLED REASONING. IF AN INJURED KURT WARNER AND TIM RATTAY ALMOST BEAT YOU AND A SUBPAR ARIZONA D HELD YOU WHAT DO YOU THINK N.E. & T. BRADY WILL DO TO YOU. N.E. BY 17-20 JUST AT HALF TIME. AND IF IM WRONG I WILL NOT POST FOR A MONTH, BUT THERE IS NOTHING ABOUT THIS GAME THAT MAKES IT DECEPTIVE

louis

Line is dropping on this game

Can't get 17 anywhere that I know of. Line is 15.5 at bookmaker, 16 elsewhere.

I got washington +10.5 in the first half, and under 48 for the entire game earlier this week. Was never able to get +17.

If my picks turn out to be wrong, I'm not going to stop posting for a month, but I'll mention in my posts that my picks on this game did not win.

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

Quote Originally Posted by prop View Post
    insanity: to do the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redchevy View Post
    Insanity, equals money to me this year, until I get beat, I'm riding it. Up a lot of KKK's, how many here can say that???? This team is a money train, but very few get it or have the balls!! Just my .02 !!!
    You must of misread my post. If your betting every week and winning every week your not doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

I actually like the Skins this week so for me its a no bet.

My point is that this has been going on for a few years where every single week forums have multiple threads talking about fading the Pats being the sharp play. Meanwhile they cover the spread 3/4 of the time week in and week out but the same threads pop up each and every week.
    Even a private forum I use where most every other post is great I just chuckle at the weekly fade the Pats post. Once they don't cover a game it dies down as soon as they cover a few in a row it starts right back up again. This has been going on for a long time.
    Overall, betting against the Pats = Bad move. Not sure how it could be sliced any other way as the sample size continues to grow and the the results remain the same.

joeygats
    joeygats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 526

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    ANYONE WHO CLAIMS IS TAKING THE SKINS ON THIS POST STEP UP TO YOUR SO CALLED HANDICAPPING KNOWLEDGE AND BET THAT IF THE SKINS DO LOSE BY THE SPREAD, THEN YOU WILL NOT POST ON HERE FOR A MONTH. IM TIRED OF STUPID PEOPLE WITH STUPID REASONING ON GAMES AND SITUATIONS THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. THE SKINS COME ON KNOW SERIOUSLY SO STEP UP AND WHEN THE SKINS DO LOSE SHUT THE HELL UP AND GET OFF THIS SITE FOR A MONTH WITH ALL OF YOUR SO CALLED REASONING. IF AN INJURED KURT WARNER AND TIM RATTAY ALMOST BEAT YOU AND A SUBPAR ARIZONA D HELD YOU WHAT DO YOU THINK N.E. & T. BRADY WILL DO TO YOU. N.E. BY 17-20 JUST AT HALF TIME. AND IF IM WRONG I WILL NOT POST FOR A MONTH, BUT THERE IS NOTHING ABOUT THIS GAME THAT MAKES IT DECEPTIVE
    ok i just started on here but ill take that bet anyday skins lose by 14 cover easily and if im right u cant post for a month deal?

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

Good spot to win with a back door cover. Pats 28 Skins 17

PatriotsGRL
    PatriotsGRL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1248

i got pats -15 going with pats

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

just dont know about pats! playing it safe like last weekend..
    taking the skins on a teaser... covered against the fins, should cover against with skins (+22.5)

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

I just took Pats -13.5 -130

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I took the Ov 48. I don't care if NE covers, I just need this to be a shootout!!

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I got off Wash and wagered on NE -14 -120 for a 1/2 unit.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    I got off Wash and wagered on NE -14 -120 for a 1/2 unit.

I've got Pats -14, that was a lot of movement on this line this week.

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Quote Originally Posted by Furt View Post
    I realize that over the past couple years he's been on and off the injured list with "a chronic shoulder problem believed to date back to 2002"... um, I'm just wondering what that was all about. He sat out practice Wed/Thurs. Does Belichick have an agenda? Or is Brady actually not 100%?
    Where are you getting your info? Brady has been probable every week since 2002 with a "right shoulder" injury. It is a running joke among the media in Boston. Brady didn't sit out practice this week. He was listed on Thurday's injury report as "Limited participation" in practice, but you can sit out one drill and be listed as that.

Either way his shoulder looked all right today.
    Last edited by mgcolby; 10-28-07 at 08:23 PM.

mshanedub420
    mshanedub420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    Anyone else thinking about Redskins +17?

I think it's safe to say this is the best defense they have faced all season right?

14.7 pts a game

5th vs Run
    8th vs Pass

Only 5.6 yards given up per pass which is #1 in the league.

Redskins have been in every game this season and haven't given up more than 24 points.

I think we gotta give the Redskins a big look Sunday, don't you?
    GOOD THING U DID ALL THE RESEARCH

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by mshanedub420 View Post
    GOOD THING U DID ALL THE RESEARCH
    When a dog goes down two points before gametime that tells you a lot.

Sorry for being saavy with the way I bet this game. I'm usually not, just made a good move.

dmiles1021
    YouWager.eu
    dmiles1021's Avatar Become A Pro!

u idiots dont bet agaist the pats...thats just silly

First 12