JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

T.Brady-the guy is amazing

It's like he's out there playing backyard football. So far, he's 11 for 11 with four touchdown passes. I know it's the Dolphins but still......

This guy is going to go down as the best QB ever. Hands down.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed. Something tells me he's not done winning Super Bowls either. Amazing watching him in his prime.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm not sure how you beat the Patriots. And it's for sure that Miami isnt' the team to do it...

But if you give Tom Brady all day to throw the ball, he'll cut your heart out and serve it to you on a silver platter.

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by JBC77 View Post
    He MAY. But let's not coronate him just yet. There was this guy Unitas and some guy named Montana and some guy named Elway who were pretty good too!

JBC77

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    He MAY. But let's not coronate him just yet. There was this guy Unitas and some guy named Montana and some guy named Elway who were pretty good too!
    They didn't make it look this easy though. You could argue that in some aspects Brady won in the past with a lot less weapons than Elway or Montana. He's just now getting his Jerry Rice.

Doc JS

They didn't make it look this easy though. You could argue that in some aspects Brady won in the past with a lot less weapons than Elway or Montana. He's just now getting his Jerry Rice.
    Don't know how old you are, but Montana to Rice/Taylor/Jones/Craig/Rathman made it look very easy back in the day. If you want proof, grab the Niners/Denver Super Bowl DVD and pop it in and give it a watch. Denver was just as overmatched in that game - and it was a Super Bowl as Miami was today - and Miami has a shot to go winless on the season.

If you're a little older, Unitas to Raymond Berry, Jimmy Orr, John Mackey with Tom Matte coming out of the backfield was equally good back in their day.

I'm not saying Brady isn't very, very good. He is. But let's not annoint him the all time best just yet. That's all I'm saying.

Doc

SPECULATOR 13
    SPECULATOR 13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

It's like he's out there playing backyard football. So far, he's 11 for 11 with four touchdown passes. I know it's the Dolphins but still......

JBC,Please don't forget Randi Moss and to a lesser extend Dante Stalworth.Do you remember whom was the last Quaterback that Moss made to look real good :no not Cualpepper( because you can't possibly make a RB who is taking snaps look good) but Jeff George!!!!Remember he caught 5000 plus yards in his rookie season with a GENUINE thrower like George looping and arching beautifully those tight spiral into a Moss running at full speed.They played pitch and catch that year the same way that Moss is doing now with Boy Tom,so people should keep their pants on when it come to that Brady is the the best bullsh*t.

Always remember the wholly trinity:
    *Johnny Unitas
    *John Elway
    *Dan Morino

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wonder what the price for the Patriots to win the super bowl will be once this weeks games are done?

Glad I was able to get some at 9/5 before the season started, and before this weeks games it was at 1/1.

With the Colts and Steelers approaching, I see little else causing the odds to get any better.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Elway Best EVER!

Why is Elway the Best Ever!

3 superbowl appearance early in his career with an unknown offense (3 amigos) and the entire denver bronco team on his back.

5 superbowl appearance with two wins back to back in 1998-99 when he finally got a really offense with Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe in his prime, Rod smith and Ed Mccaffery! He easily could of had 3 straight superbowl wins, if he hadn't retire.

Montana and Brady are QB's that are great because they were on very good teams that played as a cohesive unit defense and offense. Plus, they had geniuses head coaches in bill walsh and bill billichick. Elway was great with a bad team, and played greater with a good team. Elways the best Ever period!

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Elways the best Ever period!
    If you're under 50 or so, I understand why you might think Elway is the best ever and he is in the discussion, but the line starts right behind Johnny U.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Brady is just too good period and the best qb that ever played.

buzzsawl
    buzzsawl's Avatar Become A Pro!

The guy is a freak. He was great with half a-- wide outs. He gets some talent and he is like a machine. Unstoppable

jon13009

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    If you're under 50 or so, I understand why you might think Elway is the best ever and he is in the discussion, but the line starts right behind Johnny U.
    Unitas' 47 straight games with a TD pass is a streak that will hold up for a long time.

Unitas was not as flashy (or as talented) as Elway, Brady, Marino and Montana, but Unitas was an icon of the way football used to be played - no limit, dirty and without excuses.
    Last edited by jon13009; 10-22-07 at 08:43 AM.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Let's not go crazy; Dolphins are disgusting.

SPECULATOR 13
    SPECULATOR 13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Why is Elway the Best Ever!
    Montana and Brady are QB's that are great because they were on very good teams that played as a cohesive unit defense and offense. Plus, they had geniuses head coaches in bill walsh and bill billichick. Elway was great with a bad team, and played greater with a good team. Elways the best Ever period!
    FROSTY you are right about Elway he is the best of the modern NFL era when the passing game was accentuated thanks the major rule changes of 1974.But before that TIME what DOC JS said is undeniable THE LINE STARTS BEHIND johnny U.I was born in'70 unfortunatly to young to see him play except on the NFL classic but J.U. WAS A MAN AMONG BOYS.However that is not a knock on the other JOHN, he(elway) had a easier league the throw the football in than J.U.Your assessment of Brady and Montana is bang on,i would have love to see these 2 over-rated pricks try to carry the dolphins of Marino and the half ass broncos teams that "the duke" drag on is back to 2 superbowls!
    Last edited by SPECULATOR 13; 10-23-07 at 12:10 AM. Reason: corrections

JBC77

24 for 30 today and it's only the 3rd quarter.

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another rushing td. Unreal.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

i love perception

manning>brady

jon13009

38-0 4th quarter, Why is Brady still in the game?

Mark this down, if Beilchick keeps this up, either Brady or one of the key linemen allowing him to stand forever in the pocket will get injured, and only one person will be to blame - Belichick.

Congrats to Manning in surpassing Johnny U's TD record; however, Johnny U. was a Baltimore guy and probably could care less what happens in Indianapolis.

Gonna be a great game next week.
    Last edited by jon13009; 10-28-07 at 05:46 PM.

awebombenazn
    awebombenazn's Avatar Become A Pro!

4th and 2 and up 45-0 and Belicheck chooses to go for it!! bwaahaahaa New England has an edge to them this year...and with all that fiasco with the 'spying' incident - Belicheck and the whole Patriots team want to quiet those critics, proving they don't need those video tapes to win. They are going to keep scoring until the clock finally ends. I just wish ESPN, CBS, and FOX run more of the 'spying' news so it will keep Belicheck more surly and continue this 'killer onslaught' to the rest of the NFL. Next week will be interesting indeed - two teams without a loss and the game is in Indy.