swifty
    swifty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here are some pics

St. Louis @ Seattle-9 - There is no way HC Holmgren loses 3 games in a row especially, if they did lose, that the victors of the last 2 it would be the 1st win of the season for both teams. What I do know is that the Hawks' had better find out what's wrong with RB Alexander; he only rushed last week for 35 yards on 14 carries. The Seahawks had their chances to make a game of it against the Saints but careless mistakes took any opportunity away from them from getting back into the game. The Hawks placed DT Darby on IR and will play rookie Mebane from Cal in his place. The Rams could only muster 3 points against the Raven's defense. QB Ferrote looked good at times during the game but seemed to have one bad play in each possible scoring drive. To add insult to injury the Rams lost WR Bennet in the game. Add in QB Bulger, WR Bruce, and WR/KR Hall and that's about two-thirds of their offense. As I said in the first sentence I can't see the Seahawks losing 3 in a row. Take the Seahawks laying the 9 points.

Baltimore @ Buffalo+3/35 - It will be interesting to see if QB Losman or Edwards will be under center this week. Fortunately for the Bills they had a bye-week last week or else they would have been approximately the 6th team to start a backup QB in week 6. The Bills at 1-4 are in 2nd place in the AFC East and there is a question about who will be QBing for the team. The Ravens could be without QB McNair for this game which means QB Boller will start and they normally don't score a lot of points with him under center. In addition, TE Heap, DT Pryce and T Ogden are doubtful for this game. These team don't score a lot of points when they are healthy I don't see them scoring points without several of there offensive weapons out with injuries, I like the Under 35 in this game.

Pittsburgh @ Denver+3½ - The Steelers return from a week off and travel to the Mile-High city. The Broncos were also off last week so both teams should be rested and hopefully have a few less of the walking wounded. The last time the Broncos played they were defeated by a rejuvenated Charger team last week 41-3. The Broncos had problems stopping the run again and allowed SD 214 yards rushing. They have to do better than that if they expect to handle Big Ben and RB Parker. The last time the Steelers played it was against Seattle and defeated them 21-0. The Steelers have their own version of the "Steel-Curtain" allowing only an average of 71 net yards rushing. Big Ben may have a problem passing against the best pass-defense in the AFC. I just think the Steelers are too good on defense to allow Denver to get in sync. Take the Steelers laying the3 ½.

Atlanta @ New Orleans-8 - The Saints earned their 1st win of the season when they defeated the Seahawks in Seattle last week. QB Brees had a descent day throwing for 246 yards without an interception. However, the main reason they won was because RB Bush rushed for 91 yards of the 121 yards rushing which allowed the passing game to work. Add in the fact that the defense finally woke up sacking QB Hassleback 5 times. Atlanta on the other hand looks like a team that has called it a season. They were manhandled Monday by the G-Men. They actually had a 3 point lead in the 1st quarter but allowed 24 unanswered points throughout the remainder of the game. This week they take on a division rival. The Saints don't have a very good record against the Falcons (2-5 ats when favored by 7-9½ and 17-27 against all lines). But we must remember that in the recent past years the Falcons QB has been a guy named Vick. The Falcons' are going to be lead by QB Leftwich this week. I can't see the Saints falling back into the loss column after just getting into the win column. Take the Saints laying the 7 points.

GitRDone
    GitRDone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by swifty View Post
    St. Louis @ Seattle-9 - There is no way HC Holmgren loses 3 games in a row especially, if they did lose, that the victors of the last 2 it would be the 1st win of the season for both teams. What I do know is that the Hawks' had better find out what's wrong with RB Alexander; he only rushed last week for 35 yards on 14 carries. The Seahawks had their chances to make a game of it against the Saints but careless mistakes took any opportunity away from them from getting back into the game. The Hawks placed DT Darby on IR and will play rookie Mebane from Cal in his place. The Rams could only muster 3 points against the Raven's defense. QB Ferrote looked good at times during the game but seemed to have one bad play in each possible scoring drive. To add insult to injury the Rams lost WR Bennet in the game. Add in QB Bulger, WR Bruce, and WR/KR Hall and that's about two-thirds of their offense. As I said in the first sentence I can't see the Seahawks losing 3 in a row. Take the Seahawks laying the 9 points.

http://bellevillenewsdemocrat.typepa...s-rams-ge.html

Baltimore @ Buffalo+3/35 - It will be interesting to see if QB Losman or Edwards will be under center this week. Fortunately for the Bills they had a bye-week last week or else they would have been approximately the 6th team to start a backup QB in week 6. The Bills at 1-4 are in 2nd place in the AFC East and there is a question about who will be QBing for the team. The Ravens could be without QB McNair for this game which means QB Boller will start and they normally don't score a lot of points with him under center. In addition, TE Heap, DT Pryce and T Ogden are doubtful for this game. These team don't score a lot of points when they are healthy I don't see them scoring points without several of there offensive weapons out with injuries, I like the Under 35 in this game.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bi...ry/186732.html

Pittsburgh @ Denver+3½ - The Steelers return from a week off and travel to the Mile-High city. The Broncos were also off last week so both teams should be rested and hopefully have a few less of the walking wounded. The last time the Broncos played they were defeated by a rejuvenated Charger team last week 41-3. The Broncos had problems stopping the run again and allowed SD 214 yards rushing. They have to do better than that if they expect to handle Big Ben and RB Parker. The last time the Steelers played it was against Seattle and defeated them 21-0. The Steelers have their own version of the "Steel-Curtain" allowing only an average of 71 net yards rushing. Big Ben may have a problem passing against the best pass-defense in the AFC. I just think the Steelers are too good on defense to allow Denver to get in sync. Take the Steelers laying the3 ½.

Atlanta @ New Orleans-8 - The Saints earned their 1st win of the season when they defeated the Seahawks in Seattle last week. QB Brees had a descent day throwing for 246 yards without an interception. However, the main reason they won was because RB Bush rushed for 91 yards of the 121 yards rushing which allowed the passing game to work. Add in the fact that the defense finally woke up sacking QB Hassleback 5 times. Atlanta on the other hand looks like a team that has called it a season. They were manhandled Monday by the G-Men. They actually had a 3 point lead in the 1st quarter but allowed 24 unanswered points throughout the remainder of the game. This week they take on a division rival. The Saints don't have a very good record against the Falcons (2-5 ats when favored by 7-9½ and 17-27 against all lines). But we must remember that in the recent past years the Falcons QB has been a guy named Vick. The Falcons' are going to be lead by QB Leftwich this week. I can't see the Saints falling back into the loss column after just getting into the win column. Take the Saints laying the 7 points.
    Can't say that I disagree with any of your picks, just adding a couple of links. BOL!

ws1975
    ws1975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

These are all solid picks - Especially the Seattle pick.