bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whats the latest on Vince Young?

I read a report today that says that he's most likely going to start Sunday, but anyone know for sure yet as far as what his current status is?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Haven't seen anything but him being listed as QUESTIONABLE.

Poker Pirate
    Poker Pirate's Avatar Become A Pro!

The madden cover told me he will miss the game, or at least play poorly.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

GitRDone. You're awesome. Thanks.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Didn't practice yesterday.

If he plays, it's safe to assume he won't be at 100%.

ws1975
    ws1975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

Take the Texans in this one.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I think hes a game time decisions.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

He's day to day...but aren't we all???

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

i heard he did not practice this week and it will come down to game time. For now the madden curse is still alive..

GitRDone
    GitRDone's Avatar Become A Pro!

bside
    bside's Avatar Become A Pro!

QB Vince Young (TEN) gave owners some hope as he was able to practice some Friday. He ran the scout team offense while Kerry Collins quarterbacked the first team. Coach Jeff Fisher sounded cautiously optimistic that Young might play and said he was a game time decision. Missing practice this week won't keep Young out if he's healthy enough to play Sunday.

bigboydan

Anyone know if he's still listed as a game time decision guys, or was he upgraded to probably today?

GitRDone
    GitRDone's Avatar Become A Pro!

I heard on ESPN that he is available but Kerry Collins is expected to start. He is listed as the backup according to ESPN earlier.

bigboydan

I wish I would have jumped on that line earlier, because I was afraid that might be the case.

Thanks bud.

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Vince Young at texas, I would expect him to play and have a great game at that. Titans -1 looks like a gift to me. Good luck.

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by raidersfan View Post
    Vince Young at texas, I would expect him to play and have a great game at that. Titans -1 looks like a gift to me. Good luck.
    I agree and it wont matter if Young plays or not. THey will run the ball at Houston as the Jaguars did last week. They will establish the running game and the tough Titan defense will create turnovers. Houston is too one dimensional and has trouble running the football. Without Andre Johnson, they really do not have a chance. If both Vince Young and Andre Johnson were both out for the respective teams, my money will still be on the Titans. Only way Houston can win this game is if they had a big game from Johnson. And right now Johnson is doubtful for the game. Seems like he will not play. Even if he plays, Houston needs a big game from Johnson and have all the breaks go their way. Tennessee was a little snake bitten last week as Tampa Bay got all the breaks and squeaked out a victory. But that was all Jeff Garcia. Too bad for Houston that they do not have a capable quarterback like Garcia. Scwab is garbage and he will be exposed without a good running game. Houston does not have a very effective running game and expect a lot of 3 and outs. Final Score Tennessee 27-10.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jay Glazer said Young will not start. I don't think anyone should have their hopes up either that he comes in and spells Kerry Collins. Glazer said Jeff Fisher wants to make sure the injury heals correctly. Line is adjusting to this news as well. Texans now -2.