SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't Sleep on Byron Leftwich

....it will cost you.

I'm going on record here, if he sucks it up like some have already indicated they believe he will, then I'll proudly wear the dunce cap for the week.

I'm passing here, so maybe this is all for not, but he is definitely one of the reasons. This game is very important for him. When healthy, this guy wins, don't anybody forget that. Just before the season, without word he loses his job in Jax. He's had to sit and watch Joey Harrington play....... Joey Harrington.

This guy has one incredible arm, and he is accurate. Peyton Manning isn't the most mobile quarterback in the world either, but he shreds you through the air, and don't think Byron isn't capable of that. He isn't Joey Harrington who is unable to reach the endzone from 40 yards out.

Watch out for #4 this week.

ws1975
    ws1975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

I'll give Lefty a couple weeks to determine if he'll work out okay. Just hope he overcomes the injury bug. That's been his main problem throughout his career.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1545

In all fairness to Harrington, how many passes were dropped by his WR Monday night? It started to look like a conspiracy at one point.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Leftwich went from the next big thing to a bust really fast. It will be interesting to see if he can recover.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    ....it will cost you.

I'm going on record here, if he sucks it up like some have already indicated they believe he will, then I'll proudly wear the dunce cap for the week.

I'm passing here, so maybe this is all for not, but he is definitely one of the reasons. This game is very important for him. When healthy, this guy wins, don't anybody forget that. Just before the season, without word he loses his job in Jax. He's had to sit and watch Joey Harrington play....... Joey Harrington.

This guy has one incredible arm, and he is accurate. Peyton Manning isn't the most mobile quarterback in the world either, but he shreds you through the air, and don't think Byron isn't capable of that. He isn't Joey Harrington who is unable to reach the endzone from 40 yards out.

Watch out for #4 this week.
    Crazl,
    I won't argue with anything you said.

All I'll say is I'm not sure the talent level around him will allow him to be successful. The Falcon O-line, as has been well documented, is a patch work group of rookies, undrafted free agents, and other people that nobody else wanted. Leftwitch, for whatever you may want to say about his pocket presence, is immoble and he's not throwing from behind Manning's offensive line.

Time will tell, but I'm not feeling it!

abacus30
    abacus30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leftwich is a solid QB when he's given time to throw.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by abacus30 View Post
    Leftwich is a solid QB when he's given time to throw.
    I guess that's the real question isn't it?

Will he get timie to throw?