SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Early Thoughts on Pats vs Dolphins

Just from a football match up perspective, I think this is an awful game for Cleo Lemon. I've seen the guy play a few times, I don't think he can really use his legs here and he isn't the sharpest passer. He's 55% through the air, with 2TD and 3 INT so far. I don't think Ronnie Brown has a big game here either. They probably won't have time to establish a run with New England scoring early and often.

How will Miami keep this close? Are they really able to shut down Brady and pick him off like the Bills did Romo? He's 21TD-2INT on the year, and while Miami has the 6th best pass defense in terms of yds allowed, that's because they are 31st against the run giving up an avg 168 yds a game. Also many people have said that Miami's home field advantage is nowhere near as strong as other teams, I expect a good amount of Patriots fans in attendance.

I want to exercise a little control here, I will not take -17 or -17.5, thoughts on -16.5?

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I grabbed -16.5. Not a big bet though.

I like the attitudes I have seen on the Patriots' side. Businesslike. Brady came out of that win over the Cowboys saying they still needed to improve. I do not see a letup coming this week.

crazyl, you nailed it on Miami's pass defense. Their good stats there, in terms of YPG passing allowed, is misleading. They have that only because they have no run defense. Noone has to pass against them. (The Broncos are the same way; check it out.)

The Pats are going to score 40+ again this week. The Fins will not keep up.

Sabanbama
    Sabanbama's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will be ridiculous outcome like 48-6 NE.

Sabanbama
    Sabanbama's Avatar Become A Pro!

TO much talent on both sides of the ball for NE.

Bigcrank23
    Bigcrank23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    Just from a football match up perspective, I think this is an awful game for Cleo Lemon. I've seen the guy play a few times, I don't think he can really use his legs here and he isn't the sharpest passer. He's 55% through the air, with 2TD and 3 INT so far. I don't think Ronnie Brown has a big game here either. They probably won't have time to establish a run with New England scoring early and often.

How will Miami keep this close? Are they really able to shut down Brady and pick him off like the Bills did Romo? He's 21TD-2INT on the year, and while Miami has the 6th best pass defense in terms of yds allowed, that's because they are 31st against the run giving up an avg 168 yds a game. Also many people have said that Miami's home field advantage is nowhere near as strong as other teams, I expect a good amount of Patriots fans in attendance.
    I want to exercise a little control here, I will not take -17 or -17.5, thoughts on -16.5?
    You nailed it there...been to dolphins games and I be willing to bet that 60 to 70% of the people there will be Pats fans. Maybe the dolphins try to get pumped up and protect the 72 dolphins perfect season and keep this one close......SIKE there gonna get stomped at home

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

I just replied in another thread on this game. On sports radio down here today and the locals would need between 27-28 points to lay money on the Fins, most jumped on NE right off the bat. These are season ticket holders, gamblers and hard core Dolphins fans. No letdown here for NE. Belichick has something very special this year and he KNOWS it. I can see 38-45/10-13 ALL DAY LONG!!!!!