insidetheSEC
    insidetheSEC's Avatar Become A Pro!

titans +3 at bucs

What do you guys think about this game? Jeff Fisher coached teams (oilers/titans) have a 13 - 1 record versus the NFC south. Vince Young has had 3 BAD games in a titan uniform, after all 3 he bounced back with a great performance. I'm leaning titans +3 and would play the under but I'm afraid VY will light it up. thoughts........

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Buccaneers lost both Cadillac and Pittman. I'm not sure how they're going to run the ball effectively. This is a game I briefly looked at so far, but I think Tampa Bay will have a tough time containing Vince Young. We all know the Titans are monsters ATS when not favored, I think this is a good match up for them.

biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

I really like them ML here

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

I love the Titans here

Wolfpack
    Wolfpack's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Titans as well. I think they win the game outright.

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Tampa

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Titans +10 in teasers baby!! Titans always keep it close, TB is a NFC team

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

I like the Titans too. For a website I work with this was my write up on my early line picks for this game:
    Tennessee Titans (+3) vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers for Game -115 Pinnacle

The thing that scares me the most in this game is turnovers. If the Titans make to many mistakes it will cost them but if they play smart and protect the ball they will win this game outright. The Titans have an edge in both special teams and their offense matches up quite well against the Tampa Bay defense. Why normally I would not back a team who is much more turnover prone than their opponent I’m going to have to put that aside this week because of many overwhelming indicators and ATS statistics which favor the Titans in this match up. When all else is laid out on paper there is one area that pushes me from a strong lean to a solid bet on the Titans and its that went the game is on the line and its close in the end I want my money on the Titans. They are the team who is 13-3 ATS in their past 16 games. They have yet to give up a single point this season in the 4th quarter and their defense has stepped up time and time again to keep them in the game. The Buccs on the other hand seem to play quite well when things are going their way but have a tendency to panic when things don’t. I predict the Titans cover the spread as the most likely occurrence or the Buccs win this game by a bunch do to Titans mistakes.

Match up favors Titans | Turn Over favors Buccs | Home Field offset by he +3 line | Intangibles favor the Titans which make this worthy of a bet.

The intangibles being: The Titans are the team that is better mentally prepared. Their players and coaching staff perform much better under pressure than the players and coaching staff of the Buccs (This is not a knock on Gruden, he is a hard working and passionate coach but he tends to let his emotions get the best of him sometimes in pressure situations). I suppose the best way to say it is that the Titans are a close knit bunch driven by a winning attitude. There is no quit in this team. I suspect Vince Young has a short memory and will execute better in this game then he did the last. If he does, The Titans will win this game outright.

It is important to get this line Titans +3 (Pay as little as possible but, be willing to lay as much as -120). This is a no play at anything worst than Titans +3 -120 (Do not pay -125, do not take +2.5).

My play:
    Tennessee Titans (+3) -115 Pinnacle 1.15u to win 1u.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Don't be fooled by the Titans. Vince Young isn't good enough to pick apart Tampa's defense. Tampa will get up by two scores, shut the run down, and force Vince Young to drop back and pass. The Titans don't have enough weapons on offense.The only offense that was able to do anything against the Tampa defense this year was the Colts who have Manning and a lots of weapons on offense and Seattle who have above average recievers and a tight end.
    Last edited by NardVa; 10-10-07 at 05:26 PM.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

After taking another look at this game, I kind of like the match ups for the Titans on defense. I think if they can take Galloway out of the equation, and given how nonexistent the Bucs running game is now leaning Titans is a good bet. I think we're looking at a defensive struggle the first half with the Titans breaking out in the 2h and winning the game.

azgrande18
    azgrande18's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Titans.

Thomasha7
    Thomasha7's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think this is one that the Bucs actually take. They need it if there going to really win there division.

jrcaces
    jrcaces's Avatar Become A Pro!

TITANS +3 5 units
    TITANS ML 3 units

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I like the Bucs in this game also, their defense is pretty good and they are tough at home. I consider this game a toss up though because the Bucs are tough at home against a pretty good Titans team.

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

That write up above from the pro picker has made me lean more to Tampa.

I just don't see that Ten off as being very good. Tampa have some big point potential on their day.

Tampa all the way at home.

insidetheSEC
    insidetheSEC's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think this is the week VY has a big game. He's spent the 1st part of the season trying to prove he's a true QB (pocket passer). He had several passes last sunday that were either picked or incomplete when he could've gained yardage running. The 4th and 1 comes to mind.

jdub
    jdub's Avatar Become A Pro!

titans got oto many weapons for the bucs to control two key losses for bucs at qb and rb spells titans win 27 -14

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

lean to TB

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take the titans moneyline and +3 as well.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Folks, the Bucs have, over the last few weeks, lost their stud running back (Williams), another good back (Pittman) and a good tackle for the season. That's like a NASCAR driver losing his motor, for crying out loud. It's amazing that the Bucs are favored here. You gotta hand it to Garcia; he's trying to keep them competitive.

When the Bucs have the ball, their hurtin' running attack (15th in NFL, at 113 YPG, and most of that before the carnage) will be facing the Titans' awesome run defense (3rd in NFL, giving up only 72.3 YPG).

Going the other way, the Titans have an excellent running game (4th in NFL, 153 YPG), and that will come in handy against the Bucs' not-so-great run defense (22nd in NFL, giving up 124 YPG).

Basically, if you bet on Tampa Bay, you are betting that Jeff Garcia -- and I do like him (103.6 QB rating, with a poor O line) -- will have a magical day. Or, you're thinking that maybe B.J. Askew or Zack Crockett is gonna be the man.

Even with Garcia's valiant efforts, the Bucs' passing offense is down at 26th in the NFL, with around 183 YPG. You just can't pass unless you have a running game to set it up. This weekend, Garcia will be passing desperately, and everyone will know it. His offensive line has given up 18 sacks so far (tied with SF for 3rd most in NFL). And, by the way, the Titans' pass D is not too bad (10th in NFL, 203 YPG).

Oh, and here's a bit of trivia that I love: the Titans are the only team in the NFL not to allow a point in the fourth quarter so far this year. I like that on my side, especially against a team with no running attack.

The Titans are a force. Their only loss was a two point loss to the Colts. Thay have two nice road wins (at New Orleans and Jacksonville).

The Titans will get their 4th win in 5 games. The Bucs, unfortunately, will find out that you can't lead a division in the NFL, even the NFC South, with your stud running back and tackle on crutches.

I like the Titans ML.

What? Did I say somethin? Nevermind.
    Last edited by regularguy; 10-12-07 at 12:09 AM. Reason: it was just a typo

ws1975
    ws1975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

This one could go either way, but I would take the Titans, especially in a teaser.

jdub
    jdub's Avatar Become A Pro!

titans are titans

Tampa got no running game Garcia gonna be under siege from his blind side and titans are ganning momentum every week. The titans turned the ball over five times last week however vince threw 3 inter ceptions. The only chance tb has is stopping white and brown and force Young into bad decisions i still gota go with titans here