Hopefully.

GO Chargers!!

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have Denver, but after the early action today I won't write this one off just yet.

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Things looking better on Sun for You and the Doc. Hope SD and BAL hold up for you.
    Last edited by jon13009; 10-07-07 at 03:44 PM.

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I hope so!!

I took an in-game bet -2.5 SD (2.2 units)...then they scored 2 TD in a couple minutes.

SD just caused a TO deep in their Red Zone....SWEET!

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

LT is looking better.. C'mon Chargers!!!

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go Chargers!

imgv94

17-0

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!

imgv,
    I think Norv may taken off his genius hat and figured out that their best chance to win is to feed LT early and often and get the ball to Gates...

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I still think this team is every bit as likely to go to the SB as anybody. They aren't going to be able to help but win that division, and as their idiot coaching staff gets more ingrained to the team, they're capable of going on a looooong winning streak.
    I don't think there's any denying the Chargers have the most talent in the NFL, if it's harnessed, that's a scary team, and just as good as Indy and NE.

imgv94

I agree but the secondary needs to not give up the bigplay.

If the Chargers could avoid playing Indy and NE in the playoffs they have a HUGE SHOT.

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    I still think this team is every bit as likely to go to the SB as anybody. They aren't going to be able to help but win that division, and as their idiot coaching staff gets more ingrained to the team, they're capable of going on a looooong winning streak.
    I don't think there's any denying the Chargers have the most talent in the NFL, if it's harnessed, that's a scary team, and just as good as Indy and NE.
    Razz,
    Let's not make too much out of the Chargers beating what is obviously a not very good Denver team.

In the "parity is everything" NFL, the Chargers could go to the Super Bowl, but it's hard to see them getting by either Indy or NE (especially at NE in January).

Yes, they will win their division. It's simply too bad a division for them not to. But they'll have to win on the road in the playoffs in either a loud dome in Indy or outside in the elements at NE in January.

And, of course, at the end of the day, they still have Norv as the HC...

NEP Dynasty
    NEP Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    I agree but the secondary needs to not give up the bigplay.

If the Chargers could avoid playing Indy and NE in the playoffs they have a HUGE SHOT.
    Thats virtually impossible. The Chargers are not a good team anyways. They beat up on a Broncos team that could easily be 0-5. Who cares.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

They're a very talented team, but they're not a very well coached team. The last thing you want is for those players to feel confident, because if you've got Rivers/LT/Turner/Gates/Jackson playing good ball, and guys making plays on defense that team is a top 4 in the NFL.

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    They're a very talented team, but they're not a very well coached team.
    Yeah, one of the problems with the "they've got a new HC and new co-ordinators" excuse is the success that other first year coaches in Dallas and Pittsburgh are having.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Chargers are every bit as talented last year. Their in-game coaching has gone backwards, but coaching analysis during the week to identify basic mistakes by players will be just as good. Once the players eliminate those mistakes, watch out!

I do think that LT has singlehandedly forced defenses to improve their run defense. Alexander, Larry Johnson, LT, etc are contained to the point of embarrassment. This shift also seems to favors the passing game. Is it a coincidence that Brady, Manning, Favre (until last night), and Romo are having a ball? So far this season there's less room to run and more room to pass. Will this last for the season? No idea.

imgv94

SD is on the improve guys. SD will be in the playoffs..

Thomasha7
    Thomasha7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    SD is on the improve guys. SD will be in the playoffs..
    I hope they can start winning. SD isn't my favorite team, but I like to watch and cheer for them. I don't think they will have a problem with the Raiders this weekend, but they do still have some tuff games ahead of them. If they want to make the playoffs I don't think they can afford to lose many more games if any.