swifty
    swifty's Avatar Become A Pro!

W5 Why is New Orleans favored over Carolina?

I absolutely do not understand why the LV line is favoring New Orleans over Carolina. I understand there is a rule of thumb 3 point home advantage, but it still should have Carolina the favorite. Can anyone explain this please?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

You are underestimating the power of the bye week. If the Saints were not off a bye this would be -1.5. Both teams are playing terrible and below expectations, the home team should be favored

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

the aints will be 0-4 after sunday

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Panthers dont have Jake D right , they also just got blown out 20 - 7 at home by the Bucs , those 2 factors weigh in .

Like Austin stated , the bye week is a pretty big factor (study game film , practice , work on plays they would not otherwise have had time for if not for the extra week off and get healthier with lil inj ) , that's 3 or 4 factors with weight .

Saints have not played enough games to be thrown into the home dog category against a suspect Carolina team with new qb at the helm .

A huge under the surface thing in football is this >> guys most have never heard of can make the difference and help their team get the W .

It does not have to be any big name or someone you would even consider very good .......... the roster is large in # , guys step up .

Who I like ? Gotta go Saints all day here .
    Last edited by EJandV; 10-04-07 at 12:59 AM. Reason: add

djeffectz
    djeffectz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

No way the Saints are going 0-4 with Peyton, Brees, and Bush...All in on the Saints!!

cooljw
    cooljw's Avatar Become A Pro!

You gotta figure the Saints don't suck nearly as bad as they have been playing thus far and what better time to break out than after a bye week.

austintx05

the aints were 3-13 2 years ago, yes they have some talent now, but realize this is a team who rode emotion last year and outperformed. This year is a letdown. If they were a proven franchise, then you could say they will bounce back, but this team has proven it is a losing franchise.

cooljw

A lot has changed since 2 years ago: new coach, new QB, Bush, Colston to name a few. I'd say the team has a lot more similarities to last year's that made it to the NFC Championship than the squad from two years ago.

Brees needs to stop playing like a dildo and Bush needs to run North South instead of looking like he's on Dancing With the Stars and this team will score lots of points.

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by cooljw View Post
    A lot has changed since 2 years ago: new coach, new QB, Bush, Colston to name a few. I'd say the team has a lot more similarities to last year's that made it to the NFC Championship than the squad from two years ago.

Brees needs to stop playing like a dildo and Bush needs to run North South instead of looking like he's on Dancing With the Stars and this team will score lots of points.
    most are blind here. Losing Horn was huge, everyone else had to move up and now you have a RB who can't run up the middle and who is not cut out to be a 25+ carry back....the sooner you realize that this team is not the same as last year, the sooner you will stop losing money.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Saints have had two weeks to reflect, readjust, repair, & resurrect. I look for them to come out firing. Good spot to take them if you're going to take them at all this season.

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    most are blind here. Losing Horn was huge, everyone else had to move up and now you have a RB who can't run up the middle and who is not cut out to be a 25+ carry back....the sooner you realize that this team is not the same as last year, the sooner you will stop losing money.
    Valid they are not the team of last year but they are nearer that than the team of 2 years ago.

Panthers v houston looked very poor. This is a good spot for the Saints and is my 2nd biggest play of the week

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by EGGY6199 View Post
    Valid they are not the team of last year but they are nearer that than the team of 2 years ago.

Panthers v houston looked very poor. This is a good spot for the Saints and is my 2nd biggest play of the week
    Houston is a much better team that NO.....

cooljw

I will be very surprised if NO goes and lays another egg this week.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I had to bet on this one, I would have to take the Panthers and the points. These teams have both been pretty bad, but Carolina's numbers are a little bit better. But with Carolina on the road, with a new quarterback, against an enigmatic team coming off a bye, there are too many question marks for me. I'm sitting this one out.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Saints aren't fooling me again. One of you guys can take a chance on them and I'll watch from the sideline, I mean my couch, but they need to actually win a game first. That deep strike on 4th and 1 in horrible field position in the first quarter of the Titans game shows how desperate Peyton is. That's not "gutsy", that is stupid.

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    The Saints aren't fooling me again. One of you guys can take a chance on them and I'll watch from the sideline, I mean my couch, but they need to actually win a game first. That deep strike on 4th and 1 in horrible field position in the first quarter of the Titans game shows how desperate Peyton is. That's not "gutsy", that is stupid.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Saints gotta win eventually. Why not Carolina, why not at home, why not after a bye?

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Saints gotta win eventually. Why not Carolina, why not at home, why not after a bye?
    do you know John Fox's record as a dog?

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

im def taking saints for their 1st win

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

I'm not betting but I hope Brees wakes up and ****ing does something for my fantasy team.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Saints WILL finally wake up tomorrow and play some football! This is the week that they get their offense back on track and prove that they are still in it for this season! I really look for the Saints to win this game by DD tomorrow!

bside
    bside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Carolina losing Dan Morgan is one of the reasons. Morgan didn't play on Sunday due to his bum ankle (at least it wasn't another concussion) - he was listed as out on Friday. On Monday it was revealed that he has a partially torn Achille's tendon. You can see just how well the Panthers fared at home without Morgan last week.

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

this is a jackass comment!!!!!!!why are they favored???????lets see here..........have not won yet,are at HOME,carolinas starter is OUT.........AND CAROLINA SCORED HOW MANY LAST WEEK AT HOME???????????IS THAT ENOUGH REASONING

bradleysnyder

Quote Originally Posted by swifty View Post
    I absolutely do not understand why the LV line is favoring New Orleans over Carolina. I understand there is a rule of thumb 3 point home advantage, but it still should have Carolina the favorite. Can anyone explain this please?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHYAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA.REFER TO THE ABOVE POST MR SWIFTY.CAROLINA COULD WIN,BUT ANYONE TAKING CAROLINA TODAY MUST BE DRUNK,STONED OR JUST PLAIN RETARTED

bradleysnyder

Quote Originally Posted by swifty View Post
    I STILL CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS POST..........HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN CAPPING TO SAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS...???I MEAN IM AM "SHOCKED" YOU WOULD EVEN SAY CAROLINA SHOULD BE FAVORED.DONKEY,DONKEY,DONKEYYYYY

bradleysnyder

do you know John Fox's record as a dog?
    ANOTHER MEANINGLESSSSSSS STAT.

jonmic
    jonmic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9062

I think the Saints will surprise a lot of people today when they win

bradleysnyder

i laid a small bet on that.BEARS IS MY BET TODAY

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by bradleysnyder View Post
    ANOTHER MEANINGLESSSSSSS STAT.
    another cocky fukk

how did that saints -3 turn out for ya?

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by bradleysnyder View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHYAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA.REFER TO THE ABOVE POST MR SWIFTY.CAROLINA COULD WIN,BUT ANYONE TAKING CAROLINA TODAY MUST BE DRUNK,STONED OR JUST PLAIN RETARTED
    yup

I'm a retard who like money

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06 View Post
    The Saints WILL finally wake up tomorrow and play some football! This is the week that they get their offense back on track and prove that they are still in it for this season! I really look for the Saints to win this game by DD tomorrow!

nope, saints are 0-4 and done....

austintx05

smart.