EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

RAMS: just how bad it is 0-16?

St. Louis Rams offense, acute chronic immobility
    Here's the way Michael Silver put it today: "In our fantasy-obsessed football universe … the unheralded fatties are the key to everything."

That's also true in circuses. And in college, for various reasons. But Silver's dead-on right, it's totally true in football. Fantasy owners tend to forget that on basically every play in the NFL, there are several 300-pound humans actively fighting. Winning and losing those fights is everything, and the Rams offensive line is broken right now. The short-term outlook for Marc Bulger (ribs) and every other skill position player for St. Louis is poor. You need alternatives, and soon.

Off
    Team G Pts/G Yds/G PassYds/G RushYds/G
    32nd St. Louis Rams 4 9.8 265.5 181.8 83.8

Def
    Team G Pts/G Yds/G RushYds/G PassYds/G
    26th St. Louis Rams 4 25.8 349.3 157.0 192.3

This should be worse but because teams can run it they don't pass as much hence figure is down.

Injuries : Add Holt at 80%

Player Status Injury
    R. Smith LB Day-to-Day Knee
    L. Little DE Day-to-Day Knee
    A. Goldberg T Day-to-Day Knee
    I. Bruce WR Day-to-Day Strained left hamstring
    C. Chavous S Day-to-Day Strained left pectoral muscle
    T. Hill CB Out Back
    S. Jackson RB Out Groin
    R. Incognito G Doubtful Ankle
    M. Bulger QB Probable Ribs
    J. Hall DE Probable Pectoral
    T. McGarigle LB Probable Groin
    P. Tinoisamoa LB Probable Ankle

Injured Reserve
    Player Status Injury
    T. Steussie T IR Left foot
    O. Pace T IR Right shoulder
    M. Setterstrom G IR Knee

These RAMS are the poorest team in the NFL and go 0-16. It is possible

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hopefully that's 0-16 ATS

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

It is too early to say 0-16 record just yet, they do play some pitiful teams later on in the season like Atlanta.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

hard to go 0-16...gotta get all the breaks...ball has to bounce your way! lol

cooljw
    cooljw's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think 0-16 is likely to happen sooner than 16-0 perfect season does...

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

they will win this week

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by cooljw View Post
    I think 0-16 is likely to happen sooner than 16-0 perfect season does...
    Have you been watching the Patriots at all this season? They can basically name the score. Likewise, they can name the number of regular season wins. The only one who can stop Brady to Moss is Bellichik.

cooljw
    cooljw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Patriots still have to face DAL and IND on the road. Those will be two tough games to win.

And even if they do, come week 16 or so after the Pats have already clinched, they will face the tough decision of whether or not to risk injury to the starters to go for a record...

Meanwhile going 16-0 requires no effort and is rewarded by the top draft pick.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by cooljw View Post
    Patriots still have to face DAL and IND on the road. Those will be two tough games to win.

And even if they do, come week 16 or so after the Pats have already clinched, they will face the tough decision of whether or not to risk injury to the starters to go for a record...

Meanwhile going 16-0 requires no effort and is rewarded by the top draft pick.
    Yeah, I know NE will have a couple bumps in the road, but they are up to the task. As for an early clinch, that's what I was hinting at regarding Bellichik being the only one to slow this team down. He'll be the one to end any thoughts of 16-0 if anyone.

As for going 0-16 requiring no effort, that's maybe true in theory. But remember anyone on an 0-16 team has zero job stability or security, not to mention being remember in infamy. The coaching staff is probably out the door, along with most of the players. Maybe a few core players can hang on, but under difficult circumstances. Even front office execs won't be happy because of loss of revenue due to loss of fan interest. Getting the #1 overall pick is a small consolation if a team indeed goes 0-16. IMHO, they should really give a double bonus if a team does manage something this pathetic. Maybe give them the Patriots extra pick which they lost.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

No way they go 0-16. It's just too hard to do. Eventually, all the breaks will go their way for a game and they'll pull one out. Actually, i wouldnt be surprised if they turned it around and won 4 or 5.

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

At the end of the year they have CIN, GB, PIT and AZ. If any of those teams are playoff bound, they may rest their starters. Yes, 0-16 is possible, but once they get to 0-12, 0-13... I think STL will be playing for pride, while other teams will be resting for post season play. STL is hurting, but still a team with some pride.

I don't believe any team has ever gone 0-16 in a single season. TB went 0-14 in 1976 then lost another 10 straight games till beating NO in 1977 , DAL was 0-11-1 in 1960.