imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Falcons +8 vs Titans. Discussion Thread..

I can't remember the last time the Titans were over 7 point favs. They have been playing the underdog role in almost every game for the last two seasons.

Falcons have looked better the last couple of weeks. What do you guys think about this one?

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I don't think Tenn yet has the makeup of a team that is likely to cover -8 very often.

This will probably be a game I pass on.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

i think the oddsmakers know something and Titans will blow them out.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    I can't remember the last time the Titans were over 7 point favs. They have been playing the underdog role in almost every game for the last two seasons.

Falcons have looked better the last couple of weeks. What do you guys think about this one?
    GV,

I have been looking @ a 3 team 10pt teaser that includes the Titans...

Colts PK
    Titans +1
    Dallas PK

What do u think of that one man?

Also, other early leans include...

Houston -5.5 looks good... Miami is just piss fvckin poor!
    Lions +3.5 Have been playing very tough this season

What games do u have u're eyes on?

MJFtheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06 View Post
    GV,

I have been looking @ a 3 team 10pt teaser that includes the Titans...

Colts PK
    Titans +1
    Dallas PK

What do u think of that one man?

Also, other early leans include...

Houston -5.5 looks good... Miami is just piss fvckin poor!
    Lions +3.5 Have been playing very tough this season

What games do u have u're eyes on?

I love that teaser Peyton, I think I will do the same

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    When you start thinking the oddsmakers know more than you do, you might as well hang up the betting card and retire.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love that teaser Peyton, I think I will do the same
    It looks pretty solid MJ... What games are you looking at playing for this weekend?

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

lay the wood

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

they know they are off a bye

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post

Harrington's number are better the last 2 games but they were Home Games. On the Road he has been worse with 0 TD's and 2 INT's. Which Harrington show's up is anyone's guess. But I wouldnt lay no money on him. The good thing about the 7 points is that Vince Young isnt going to throw 300+ yards. This is predominantly a running team. They'll hammer out 35+ rushing plays, run , run and more run. And if I recall, atlanta did give up some big yards to Minnesota earlier in the season. 13 sacks on the Road isnt going to help either...gonna be hard to get points when your ass is planted in the grass.

On a seperate note IMGV94. Where do u play your 14 point teasers from and what kinda payouts are coming from them?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Not a game I will be touching. Good luck with this match up guys.

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

Falcons and the under.

Both have strong Ds and young as pointed out isn't going to throw loads of bombs

indianachris
    indianachris's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am liking the Titans over the Falcons.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    Not a game I will be touching. Good luck with this match up guys.
    The voice of reason.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Its a tough game, Titans really don't deserve those points yet.

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

When the Gates open up :

[QUOTE=imgv94;362303]I can't remember the last time the Titans were over 7 point favs. They have been playing the underdog role in almost every game for the last two seasons.

To all the big gamers out there ,
    When a qb becomes mature , is a RISEN STAR SHINING , and goes into a game at home with alot of CONFIDENCE what occurs more often than not ?

Why do people put so much value into one qb ( or a team ) sooooo much ?
    Past history right of what we have already witnessed .

big money question >> how do you know when to go with a player before they truly show they are great /gamebreaking machine at the pro level ?
    simple answer is 9 out of 10 times we dont .

FACT IS : we go with the team or player AFTER WE SEE THEIR GREATNESS (over and over and then we buy into it ) .
    What happens alot when we jump on em that particular week ? well damn , obviously we lose money because we should have been riding them the whole time .....we jump on em and might be a screw job that week ....... if you dont know what I mean then you are not really into betting sports . Shi# works like clockwork ,the ats balances out alot for the good teams , a simple example , the Super Bowl Champion Colts were 8 - 8 ats last year .
    Last edited by EJandV; 10-02-07 at 06:25 AM. Reason: add

MJFtheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06 View Post
    It looks pretty solid MJ... What games are you looking at playing for this weekend?
    Well my possible plays are,

Redskins -3.5
    Titans -8
    Indy -10
    Chargers +1.5
    Giants -3.5

I will probably play dallas too just because its on monday night.

cooljw
    cooljw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seems like a lot of points for the Titans to cover. Harrington is a real wildcard, he can totally suck or go off. Too much volatitility in this one.

imgv94

I play all my teasers at BetPOP. IMO the only place to bet them.

cap10
    cap10's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well my possible plays are,

Redskins -3.5
    Titans -8
    Indy -10
    Chargers +1.5
    Giants -3.5

I will probably play dallas too just because its on monday night.

I'D BE CAREFUL ABOUT REDSKINS -3.5;; LIONS CAN SCORE IN BUNCHES AND BEAT THAT SPREAD EASILY;;
    CHARGERS ARE A NOPLAY CAUSE BOTH OFFENSES ARE STRUGGLING;; WHAT ABOUT SD U42.5 SINCE BOTH O'S SUCK

cap10
    cap10's Avatar Become A Pro!

TEN -8 SEEMS A BIT HI BUT TENN WENT INTO JAX AND SUBDUED A VERY PHYSICAL TM;; THEY WENT NOSE TO NOSE W INDY AND HAD THEM ON THE ROPES
    BARRING A LETDOWN TENN SHOULD WIN BY 10+

imgv94

I just bet ATL +8.5 for 1 unit.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Tennessee has been a dog every game this season, and they were 1-2 ATS as faves last year, with both losses being outright. In that one cover, they won by six points as a three-point favorite, which would not be good enough to cover this big number. The most points they gave in the three games they were favored was -3.5.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Quote Originally Posted by cap10 View Post

TEN -8 SEEMS A BIT HI BUT TENN WENT INTO JAX AND SUBDUED A VERY PHYSICAL TM;; THEY WENT NOSE TO NOSE W INDY AND HAD THEM ON THE ROPES

Yes the played Jacksonville tough and won and played Indy close and lost, but both of those were divison games. I'm never surprised when a divison games is played closer than most people would expect or a huge underdog in a divison game pulls the upset. That game against the Saints on Monday night gave them favor with the betting public, but don't be fooled. Every week there is an upset that nobody sees coming and this is the game. Take Atlanta straight up with the money line.

EJandV

My conclusion on THE GATES OPEN UP ARTICLE ABOVE was more or less backing the qb star for the Titans and backing the Titans in week 5 UNTIL THEY SHOW A LOSS/REAL WEAKNESS .

TITANS ARE 4 - 0 ATS SO FAR THIS YEAR , A TRUE SHOWING , NO FLUKES WITH THE 4 - 0 .

dont get caught going aganst one the premiere breakout teams in 2007 .

The balance ats I was speaking of with good teams , well we all know the great teams also can finish well above the balanced mark ofthe Colts 8 - 8 of 2006 .

Titans could very well finish at 11 - 5 ats in 2007 .

Note : I compare you guys going against the Titans to me going against the Packers thus far in 07 .
    Not believing syndrome is a powerful one to conquer .
    Do you believe ????????????????? )))))
    Last edited by EJandV; 10-02-07 at 09:42 PM.

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I think the titans will roll, I'll probably drop a 0.5 unit on them. SD and the NYG I'm going to avoid. I may check out the O/U for the Giants game for fun....we'll see.

bumatthebeach
    bumatthebeach's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Man cmon...."The InVINCEable" just made Primetime T.V. on 60 Minutes. You can't take away all that Ego just yet, especially after he & the Titans roll by 2 touches. I'm a believer and you will be too.

MJFtheGenius

I like the under in that one, but that total is very low. These are my leans for this week and i will stick with them like I do every week. Redskins are coming off a bye and the defense should be well prepared for Detroit.

MJFtheGenius

I'D BE CAREFUL ABOUT REDSKINS -3.5;; LIONS CAN SCORE IN BUNCHES AND BEAT THAT SPREAD EASILY;;
    CHARGERS ARE A NOPLAY CAUSE BOTH OFFENSES ARE STRUGGLING;; WHAT ABOUT SD U42.5 SINCE BOTH O'S SUCK
    Sorry quoted the wrong poster

I like the under in that one, but that total is very low. These are my leans for this week and i will stick with them like I do every week. Redskins are coming off a bye and the defense should be well prepared for Detroit.

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi I am a skin's fan even though I am English i keep tabs of the team.

Injuries here are a big factor. Portis will not be playing and the WR core is in a mess. The skins D is good this year early but a lack of quality depth hurts them latter in games.

Now the Lions can play good off which will be hard to stop as Kitna has loads of targets like Manning.

I hope we win by 3 but I think the smart money is on the Lions at 3.5

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Lions on a 20 game losing streak at Washington

EJandV

I have not seen where Portis is out .
    He is a question mark ?

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

TEN O rank (22) TEN D Rank (9), ATL O Rank (23) ATL D Rank (21). While the TEN defense seems to be most significant ranking stat here, it is important to note that ATL is ranked 23rd against the run, which is what TEN does best (2nd). However, ATL's passing offense is improving (14th) and may take apart TEN's secondary (24th).

TEN is coming off a bye while ATL won a good game against TEX last week. TEN has not won a game at home this year, and TEN is expected to win this game. TEN has beaten JAX (at JAX 13-10) and ATL lost to JAX (at JAX 13-7).

MY feel is that TEN is rested and ready to show the home crowd it is ready to go. While Harrington has the potential to light up TEN's secondary, the problem is that they are playing at TEN. Remember IND came to TEN and had to work hard to pull out a win with Manning at the helm.

My feel is that TEN will cover, but tease it if you feel uneasy about the game.
    Last edited by jon13009; 10-03-07 at 02:55 PM.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

This will be one of my games this week. I will be putting some money on the Titans to cover. For me the two main factors will be:

(1) The Titans' good running game, going up against a mediocre run defense.

(2) The Titans' home field advantage. This is a very good team looking for its first home win, after a bye.

Also, it's worth keeping in mind that these teams come from different worlds. The AFC South is a tough division. The NFC South is not.

I am thinking about the under as well. The Titans may get ahead by two or three scores and then use their running game to run the clock.

I'm visualizing a 24-7 game.

Good luck this week everyone.
    Last edited by regularguy; 10-03-07 at 04:28 PM. Reason: proofread, proofread, proofread

Thomasha7
    Thomasha7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Titans

If I had any money to put on the game I still wouldn't bet on it. But with that being said I think the titans will win. I think young has enough experience to pull out the win over good old Joey. And don't get me wrong I like Joey Harrington. He just has still not really proved himself yet in the NFL. He's had some good games, but his bad games far out weigh the good ones.

12 Last