shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

gb packers -1.5 .

Hey everyone...I will continue in the tradition I have started of posting you one early NFL preview to digest and get you excited about the weekends games...and the season will get even better for us after this game. In 3 weeks we have gone w/ 10 games. We are 8 wins, 1 draw, and 1 loss...looks good, and we have to improve even more this weekend! It's almost Christmas time for crying out loud! Here we go...

The surprise Green Bay Packers (3-0) take their great start of the season into week 4 with a chance to capitalize on their first game they play with a divisional opponent. The interesting thing is, they are traveling to Minnesota to take on the domed stadium having Vikings. The stadium is Minnesota is typically a place the Packers have struggled in the 16-17 years Brett Favre has been the QB for the Pack, however, the Packers have won 3 of the last 4 games there...and also the Packers have won 3 of the last 4 overall head to head.

The Packers are 3-0 ATS this year, and this will be the first week in which they are favored. Now, those are just numbers, and I don't personally buy into those things. I don't think it really matters if a team is the underdog or not, I think it is all about the way teams match up, and I have to tell you, I don't think this match-up is going to end well for the Vikings.

The way to beat any team is to outscore them...a lot of rave has been made about both of these defenses, and I don't see the score getting too high. The Packers have gotten a lot of publicity over their "very good" defense...however, I don't think it is too much better, if any, than the way the Vikings are playing on defense. So I will call that advantage as even...however, the monster difference that will be the key factor in this game is the difference in the two offenses.

The Vikings will start Kelly Holcomb again, but it really doesn't matter who they start...the 3 QB's on their roster are all horrible...Brooks Bollinger went to college at the same school I do now, and he was decent at best here in college, try taking that to the pros...that equals...not a good QB. Tarvaris Jackson is horrible as well, look no further than the way they benched him already after only 2 weeks when they then brought in a mediocre QB in Kelly Holcomb! If Kelly Holcomb looks like a better option than your starting QB, it doesn't matter who starts for you...you won't be moving the ball much on offense...let alone against a very good defense in the Packers.

On the other side of the ball opposing Holcomb, will be Brett Favre. Last week, Favre became tied with Dan Marino for most TD passes of all time...this week, he breaks that record. That opening sentence is actually about all you have to say about that match up difference, but if you need any more assurance about the difference in the offenses...overall in the league, the Packers rank 18th, and the Vikings rank 26th in yardage per game...however, the defensive backfield of Minnesota is worse than their defensive line. That means the way to beat them is to throw the ball...well, can the Packers? The #6 overall team in the league in Passing Offense has a good chance I think...compared to the 28th ranked Vikings passing offense.

Overall, it seems clear the match up is a mismatch for the Vikings. The Packers don't have any glaring weaknesses, and the Vikings are only lacking in the passing game...however, that is plenty of a difference in two teams and it will be the clear difference in a Packers victory on Sunday. Packers -1.5 is the only option here.

Pick : Packers -1.5
    Odds : 2.00
    Stake : 9 / 10
    Bookmaker : SportsBetting
    Date : 2008-08-31

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I didn't have time to read your article, but Packers are the play. Late line moves gives a great price right before kickoff.

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I got them at -2, I think Brett will have another big game.