remmy358
    remmy358's Avatar Become A Pro!

1 PM plays (Sep 30)

bills +3 +100
    bills ML +160
    bills 1h +2.5 -105
    bills 1q, 2q, 3q, 4q +.5 -135

have almost 11k total on these, big game here.
    Last edited by remmy358; 09-30-07 at 10:12 AM. Reason: added +.5 -135 for quarter plays

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I think the chalk cashes today. Some of these NFL dogs have no fight in them.

remmy358

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    I think the chalk cashes today. Some of these NFL dogs have no fight in them.
    perhaps, but i think there is parity in the NFL and i expect to see dogs bark, even if it's not that loud.

i still don't understand this NYJ - buffalo line. buffalo has been a historic slow starter, the 0-3 start does not suprise me. they SHOULD have beat denver opening week, and then they played two top 3 teams in pitts and NE, BOTH ON THE ROAD. the NYJ have shown nothing, and don't have a qb or RB .... all this equates to buffalo +3?? no way man..bills should win this.

swifty
    swifty's Avatar Become A Pro!

New York Jets (1-2) at Buffalo Bills (0-3)
    Line: Jets by 3.5. Total: 37.5.
    Projected Line (Before Week 3): Jets -2.5.
    Projected Line (After Week 3): Jets -3.
    Sunday, 1:00 ET

The Game. Edge: Jets.
    Injuries: BILLS: OUT: QB J.P. Losman, TE Kevin Everett, DE Anthony Hargrove, DE Ryan Denney, LB Paul Posluszny, LB Keith Ellison, CB Jason Webster.

Buffalo is coming off a 38-7 loss to the Patriots. But Bills fans shouldn't be discouraged. In fact, they should be proud of their team. New England has beaten everyone else this season (San Diego and New York) by the score of 38-14. That means Buffalo is only seven points worse than the Chargers and Jets! If that's not a reason to celebrate, I don't know what is.

Considering Trent Edwards had his first taste of NFL action against the best team in the league, he can only get better, right? Edwards completed four of his first five passes for 55 yards. Unfortunately, he was only 6-of-15 for 42 yards and a pick the rest of the way, as Bill Belichick adjusted on the fly. I could see Edwards playing well in his first start; the Jets' pathetic secondary just surrendered 318 passing yards to 83-year-old quarterback Trent Green. Lee Evans will finally get going; he had 10 catches, 198 yards and a touchdown in two meetings versus New York last year. Once Edwards establishes that he's a legitimate threat - made possible by the Jets' non-existent pass rush that has only one sack this season - holes will open up for Marshawn Lynch. New York is 19th against the run, so I'm going to predict that Lynch will eclipse the 100-yard plateau for the first time in his career.

Thanks to a massive injury list and a lack of defensive free-agent signings this offseason, Buffalo has one of the worst defenses in the NFL. The team ranks 31st against opposing ground attacks, allows 280 passing yards per contest and simply cannot get to the quarterback (3 sacks). Then again, the Bills just played Denver, Pittsburgh and New England - three playoff-bound squads - so those numbers might be a little inflated. Still, Chad Pennington is going to have a field day utilizing play-action off of Thomas Jones' massive gains. I don't see how Buffalo can restrict New York to less than 24 points.

The Jets should be able to control this game, but I don't think they will. First of all, Buffalo historically has dominated New York at home. Secondly, the Bills, despite their horrendous 0-3 record, are a bit underrated because they've played three really tough opponents, and actually managed to hang with one. And finally, the public is pounding the Jets, who are favored by 3.5, the worst point spread in football. I'm going with the live dog.

The Psychology. Edge: None.
    The Bills obviously want to win their first game, but the Jets can't afford to go to 1-3 either.

The Vegas. Edge: Bills.
    Buffalo is considered one of the worst teams in the NFL. The average bettor doesn't wager on crappy teams.
    Percentage of money on NY Jets: 74% (48,000 bets)

The Trends. Edge: Bills.
    History: Home Team has won 7 of the last 9 meetings.
    Road Losers: Teams with a losing record are 31-100 SU on the road after a victory since 2003.
    Jets are 5-1 ATS as a favorite under Eric Mangini.
    Bills are 11-1 ATS after playing the New England Patriots since 1999.
    Bills are 9-4 ATS as a dog under Dick Jauron.
    Opening Line: Jets -2.5.
    Opening Total: 37.
    Weather: Partly cloudy, 72 degrees. Mild wind, 11 mph.

Fantasy Spin.
    Start Em: Chad Pennington, Thomas Jones, Laveranues Coles, Jerricho Cotchery, Marshawn Lynch, Lee Evans.
    Sit Em: Both Defenses.

Prediction:
    Bills 27, Jets 24
    Bills +3.5 (2 Units - Money Pick)
    Over 37.5 (2 Units)

remmy358

yes, LOSEman is out, but i don't think it's a big deal. he hasn't been playing well. expect buffalo to slow it down and play a controlled, conservative game, that should get them a win over NYJ. week 1 buffalo should have won against denver, and JP LOSEman didn't even have 100 yds. buffalo's defense is pretty good.

remmy358

i'm also glad to see that everyone and their brother is putting their $ on the NYJ...anytime the bookie is on your side, it is a great thing

domwolf
    domwolf's Avatar Become A Pro!

HOUST -3
    DET +2.5

Those are my picks

I will 7 point tease STL +20 with CLE +11 with OAK +11

remmy358

Quote Originally Posted by domwolf View Post
    HOUST -3
    DET +2.5

Those are my picks

I will 7 point tease STL +20 with CLE +11 with OAK +11
    teasers

i never bet teasers

domwolf

I hardly do , but these i could not give up , no way MIA and BAL win by TD+FG and DAL by 3TD no way

remmy358

Quote Originally Posted by domwolf View Post
    I hardly do , but these i could not give up , no way MIA and BAL win by TD+FG and DAL by 3TD no way
    GL, i hope you cash them. it's so hard to win 1 game, i hate to try and win 3 on one ticket, even if i'm getting points. i actually like the ML on dogs, i've made a ton on those.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by remmy358 View Post
    perhaps, but i think there is parity in the NFL and i expect to see dogs bark, even if it's not that loud.

i still don't understand this NYJ - buffalo line. buffalo has been a historic slow starter, the 0-3 start does not suprise me. they SHOULD have beat denver opening week, and then they played two top 3 teams in pitts and NE, BOTH ON THE ROAD. the NYJ have shown nothing, and don't have a qb or RB .... all this equates to buffalo +3?? no way man..bills should win this.
    Maybe because their defense is last in the league vs the rush and the pass. And their 24 points scored is last in league.

swifty
    swifty's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL, i hope you cash them. it's so hard to win 1 game, i hate to try and win 3 on one ticket, even if i'm getting points. i actually like the ML on dogs, i've made a ton on those.
    what is your best ML in football today gave 4 teams out. I might play the ML today.

domwolf

ML DOGS for today
    DET
    TB
    NYG

remmy358

my best ML is the bills +160

aside from that, not much. i see a little value in denver +425 but not sure if i'll play it...

oakland +185 also looks decent, i think oakland is a better team than miami

tullamore
    tullamore's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the Raiders have value on the ml, I want to play Atlanta but I dont know what to make of Joey Harrington. Of all the early games St Loius is the only team that I cant make a case for winning, all the other games could go either way.

TheAmazings
    TheAmazings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think you guys are underrating the Jets BIG time.
    Jets will win by more then 3.
    Chad Pennington never loses to teams they are surpose to win against. Just look at last year.

Take Jets -3.

Also like Bears -2 1/2.

remmy358

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazings View Post
    I think you guys are underrating the Jets BIG time.
    Jets will win by more then 3.
    Chad Pennington never loses to teams they are surpose to win against. Just look at last year.

Take Jets -3.

Also like Bears -2 1/2.

oh my god. thanks for bringing this to my attention. i won't bother watching the game.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not really sure why anyone would be on the Bills with all their injuries and their total ineptitude on both sides of the ball. If they win, you're a genius my friend - but I like the Jets.

remmy358

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I'm not really sure why anyone would be on the Bills with all their injuries and their total ineptitude on both sides of the ball. If they win, you're a genius my friend - but I like the Jets.
    well, i already won the 1q, 2q, and 1h....

so even if i lose from hereon out, i won't lose much at all.

i have my reasons for being on the bills, and so far i am looking pretty good.

remmy358

make that a win on 1q, 2q, 3q, 1h, and soon to be 4q, +3 game and ML ... i am killing the bookie

ZeRo C@iDa*
    ZeRo C@iDa*'s Avatar Become A Pro!

have almost 11k total on these, big game here.
    Good LUCk remmy...

remmy358

Quote Originally Posted by ZeRo C@iDa* View Post
    Good LUCk remmy...
    thanks boss, bills just picked pennington. i look pretty good right about now. going to hit every bet.

TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

excellent pick Remmy. I also liked Buffalo but I teased them instead of just playing them straight up. i would think I have the teaser locked up but I will keep rooting for you thru the fourth quarter!!

remmy358

Quote Originally Posted by TheGambler View Post
    excellent pick Remmy. I also liked Buffalo but I teased them instead of just playing them straight up. i would think I have the teaser locked up but I will keep rooting for you thru the fourth quarter!!
    thanks. i'm very streaky and right now there is no stopping me. i'm up over 30k in the past week. i needed this, because i had been struggling for a while. feels good to be up again.

remmy358

my best ML is the bills +160

aside from that, not much. i see a little value in denver +425 but not sure if i'll play it...

oakland +185 also looks decent, i think oakland is a better team than miami
    who's the man?????

GamblingMike
    Winner of The 2010 SBR Octotals Contest.
    GamblingMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Very nicely called,Remmy.

remmy358

Quote Originally Posted by GamblingMike View Post
    Very nicely called,Remmy.
    thanks. maybe it's luck, maybe it's not...but i'll take it.

some guys give me shit but if you were to look at my history of posts i guarantee you that you'd make a killing if you hvae been following me...i like to hit the underdogs hard and go against the public

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Remmy you must of won like 3gs today

nice job