SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colts -9.5 vs Denver Opinion

The Colts are the play here. They are the faster, more talented, arguably better coached, hotter team here hosting the Broncos. They didn't cover two weeks ago, and pushed last week for most of us, but they did play on the road back to back and won both games. That speaks a lot about the strength of the team, considering the games weren't gimmes.

They could have blown out the Texans, a few uncharacteristic spotty throws from Peyton, a few lucky plays by Houston in the 4th quarter and a field goal fest late from Indy led to a disappointing push.

They are playing well in terms of stopping the run, they should have an even easier time at home using their quickness on the turf, they've been solid their last few outings at home in that capacity.

Broncos have great corner backs, but Indy also has a great third option in Dallas Clark, I think he's going to make some big plays like he always does, Anthony Gonzales was disappointing with a couple drops last week, I like him to catch a few passes. I also think the corners are going to get burned deep inevitably at some point throughout the game by Wayne or Harrison.

They can't commit too many defenders in the box obviously, so Addai should average a pretty easy 3-4 yds per carry, he's always capable of popping one for a first down or more so that's another advantage Indy has. Lets not get too carried away though, I don't smell an all out romp with some early season kinks but a victory nonetheless.

Final Score Prediction
    Indy 30 : Denver 17

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colts give up the least amount of big passing plays in the League. Denver have been relieing on this recently.

Denver can't stop the run when they don't have to worry about the pass. This week they do. I expect 21 point win.

The play oif the week

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I agree. Broncos 2-1 record is very deceiving. It's a stretch to say this team is even "mediocre". I'm disappointed in how this team has failed to "step up". I've had high hopes for this team for the last couple years, but there's just something lacking on this team. There just isn't enough talent on this team on the front lines to make them a true contender right now. Probably another 8-8, 9-7 type of year for them, which may very well win the AFC West the way things are going. Don't expect Denver to "get well" going into Indy. Indy -9 1/2 covers easily.

TheOne
    TheOne's Avatar Become A Pro!

all Colts at home talk aside the Broncos are the number #1 pass defense in the league home or away...88pts a game people. This will be a close game. Broncos +7 and I'm a big colts fan over here

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    all Colts at home talk aside the Broncos are the number #1 pass defense in the league home or away...88pts a game people. This will be a close game. Broncos +7 and I'm a big colts fan over here
    Perfect if the Broncos have the number 1 pass defense bud... The Colts will run the hell out of Joe Addai and Kenton Keith... The Broncos couldn't stop my fvcking grandma running the ball this year dude... Once Manning has the LB's pulled up with us running it down their throats, then he hits em with the play action and its 7 in a blink of an eye... Colts -9.5 is the play here... Colts off 2 ATS losses the last two weeks(push last week if you had it @ 6)... Colts will be hungry for a dominating win and will do so on Sunday! BET THAT!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Broncos are my fade of the week. Regardless of opponent. Just an added extra that they play the Colts, who are much more streamlined at home than on the road and are coming off two road games. Colts are ready to hand out an old-fashioned whipping.

TheOne
    TheOne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06 View Post
    Perfect if the Broncos have the number 1 pass defense bud... The Colts will run the hell out of Joe Addai and Kenton Keith... The Broncos couldn't stop my fvcking grandma running the ball this year dude... Once Manning has the LB's pulled up with us running it down their throats, then he hits em with the play action and its 7 in a blink of an eye... Colts -9.5 is the play here... Colts off 2 ATS losses the last two weeks(push last week if you had it @ 6)... Colts will be hungry for a dominating win and will do so on Sunday! BET THAT!

Alright "Bud,Dude" the only mistake I made was saying that the Broncos are +7 when I shoulda said +9.5. I'll be back to repost when the Broncos EASILY cover the spread. Addai can run but he cant carry a game.......talk to ya in 2 days.

This game is easily the sucker bet of the week on the colts. Watch and see

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colts will win by 2 TDs easy. Jay Cutler will be playing on an injured ankle and the broncos D isn't what it used to be.

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

This is one of those frustrating plays were all of my handicapping numbers say to jump on the Broncos. It is hard to imagine the Broncos covering. Blind faith in the math I suppose, Denver is the pick

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Alright "Bud,Dude" the only mistake I made was saying that the Broncos are +7 when I shoulda said +9.5. I'll be back to repost when the Broncos EASILY cover the spread. Addai can run but he cant carry a game.......talk to ya in 2 days.

This game is easily the sucker bet of the week on the colts. Watch and see

This is one of those classic examples of a newbie poster with a handful of posts talks smack, gets on the wrong side and is never heard from again. lmao. My bet: Colts cover, we never hear from "TheOne" again after that. Best of luck, bro, but this one isn't going to go your way. Hedge your bets while you've got the chance.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

After last week, I don't see how anyone could be on Denver + Jay Cutler is gimpy = Colts cover I think.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on Denver for reasons already mentioned in another thread: "the best bet of the week thread" or whatever. I'm not hammering it, but I'm hitting it.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here was my post, verbatim, from the other thread...

Yes, I'm on the Broncos as well. Champ will lock down on Marvin (see last year's 5-38-0 line for Marvin) and Bly will do his best to take away Wayne (certainly an upgrade over the late Darrent Williams R.I.P.) who scored all 3 TD's in last year's Indy-Denver game.

Wayne's last 2 games against Denver:
    last season: 10-138-3 (plus a two point conversion)
    2005 playoffs: 10-221-2

See a connection there???

Dre Bly may not be the shutdown CB like Champ, but he's certainly in that upper tier and is a considerable upgrade at CB against Wayne. I absolutely LOVE Denver +9.5.

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

My Wife likes the Colts -9.5 . I would never in a million years wager real money here .
    Those easy timing pass plays for the Colts , like playstation ?
    If they dont connect on those big $ plays , then to me THE MINUS 9.5 IS IN ALL ACTUALITY A JOKE .
    They have been playing playstation a lil bit , if they do it against Champ AND CO I would be highly impressed to say the least .
    Plus for the Colts is Manning doesnt need the extra money since he is on all those commercials , so fix less likely with him .
    Backdoor cover ? Colts lead 31 - 17 with 2 min to go , Broncos drive to score a td ? 31 - 24 , funny .

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I like Denver as well, and think they have a shot at an upset. Broncos very lucky to be 2-1 but I think this is a close game. Colts likely win, but Denver +10 is my play.

slacker00

Even if Harrison & Wayne are completely neutralized to something like 5 catches for 30 yards between the two of them, the Colts will cover. Addai, Clark, Gonzalez & Manning can win playing 9 on 9. That's Denver's best case scenario, which remains to be seen, and it still favors the Colts, IMHO.

nostradamusX
    nostradamusX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes. Don't forget about Clark. The Colts should cover easily.

The Colts are a machine of victories. They manufacture points, regardless of the atmosphere.

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

8 - 8 ats

Quote Originally Posted by nostradamusX View Post
    Yes. Don't forget about Clark. The Colts should cover easily.

The Colts are a machine of victories. They manufacture points, regardless of the atmosphere.
    Colts were 8 - 8 ats last year . So if you had them ats in all 16 reg season games you would have made how much $ ?
    You saying they are better this year ?

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by EJandV View Post
    Colts were 8 - 8 ats last year . So if you had them ats in all 16 reg season games you would have made how much $ ?
    You saying they are better this year ?
    Those stats are meaningless. We are talking about Denver coming to Indy today. Not last year. Not last week. I'll probably bet betting against Indy more often than not in the coming weeks, if that makes you feel any better. I'd much rather bet AGAINST Indy for a variety of reasons, including several trends. The bottom line is that Indy is much much better than Denver TODAY. Bet Indy or lose money.