2 5.56%
  • I'm going to pass on this game.

6 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Bears at Detroit (9-30)

I got the Bears -2 before Lovie announced he was starting Griese. I haven't seen much line movement on this game. I don't know about Griese. I think the Bears would win this game with Grossman but the rest of the season is questionable with him.

mrmark
    mrmark's Avatar Become A Pro!

KItna needs Win #3 only 7 to go!!!!!!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is not a game I will be playing at all. However Even despite all Chicago's injuries on the defensive side of the ball, I feel the Bears -2.5 is the only way to go in this one.

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

just how many starters are out for the bears d?

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Going to pass on this one. Both teams are too inconsistent and there's too much weird stuff going on for me to consider it.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm going to pass it, but I voted for over as well, because that's a very strong lean of mine. The banged up Bears defense could struggle again here, and that rag-ass Lions defense is the perfect cure for any ailing offense.

Skankdog
    Skankdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took the only safe answer on this question.LOL In other words I am guaranteed not to lose money on this game!LOL

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

I am not betting this game but if I had to I would bet the Lions on the Money line.

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lions will win this game. Period. End of story. After last weeks meltdown against the eagles offense, coach Marinelli will have these men ready for this game and last weeks mistakes WILL have been corrected. Lions will win by at least a field goal or touchdown against a backup QB and a banged up defense.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I'm going with the Lions, but I'm not crazy about it. There's no way I can back the Bears this week. I'm not a Griese fan. Remember Griese ran 3 franchises into the ground already: Denver, Miami, Tampa Bay. He's a loser. Lovie will be starting Ortman in week 5 after the Lions romp.

nostradamusX
    nostradamusX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lions, Tigers and Bears . . .

I have DET also. I'm looking for conservative offense out of CHI.

Too many negatives for the Bears.

Ride the horse on this. We're at home, have a better QB, better WR and coming off a tough road loss. Kitna gets it done.

GitRDone
    GitRDone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by area51steve View Post
    Lions will win this game. Period. End of story. After last weeks meltdown against the eagles offense, coach Marinelli will have these men ready for this game and last weeks mistakes WILL have been corrected. Lions will win by at least a field goal or touchdown against a backup QB and a banged up defense.
    Unfortunately, you can't correct a bad defense. Did you not watch the game last week, they made Kevin Curtis look like Jerry Rice. They couldn't cover their own jock strap if it was lying on the field. The Lions were lucky to win against the Vikings at home in Week 2 so if you think that the Lions are a sure thing to win this week, boy you are in for a surprise. My boys will win and beat the Lions for the 5th straight time. I would rather have a backup QB and a banged up defense then an average QB and a terrible defense.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by GitRDone View Post
    Unfortunately, you can't correct a bad defense. Did you not watch the game last week, they made Kevin Curtis look like Jerry Rice. They couldn't cover their own jock strap if it was lying on the field. The Lions were lucky to win against the Vikings at home in Week 2 so if you think that the Lions are a sure thing to win this week, boy you are in for a surprise. My boys will win and beat the Lions for the 5th straight time. I would rather have a backup QB and a banged up defense then an average QB and a terrible defense.
    I'll agree the Lions have one of the worst defenses in the NFL right at this moment. But you'll have to concede that the Bears have one of the worst offenses in the NFL right now.

I have to disagree that Kitna is an "average" NFL QB. I'd rank him in the top 10 easily, right now, just above Garcia. Detroit's offense has potential to be explosive and is showing more and more week by week. Against a battered defense coming to town, you'll see just how "average" Kitna can be. I've said it for the last couple seasons, but Kitna & Favre are about equal right now as far as overall ability in my mind at this point in their careers.

area51steve

If you think kitna is average than what do you think grossman and griese are. Grossman is terrible and griese isn't much better either. The bears as an organization have had QB issues for a long time now. Kitna has had great stats last year and this year so far. The only problem is sacks which is the offensive lines problem. The bears would be 3-0 so far if they had a QB like kitna. As far as Detroit's defense, yeah they f*cked up bad last week against the eagles but going back home to a LOUD ford field will give the lions D all the fight they need to beat the bears. Detroits offense shouldn't have any problems throwing the ball at all. Will be close but the lions will prevail.

GitRDone

I disagree with your assessment of Kitna. He has a career ratio of 135 TD to 130 INT. His career passer rating of 76.8 is best defined as "average." He has only had 2 seasons (in which he played more than 10 games) that he had more TD's than INT's. His career, unless something miraculous happens, will be defined as an average NFL QB. I would rather have Brett Favre right now over Kitna anyday of the week. Your right the Bears offense is struggling right now, but the change to Griese will provide a much needed spark and factor in that they are playing one of the worse defenses in the NFL and you'll see why the Bears will win Sunday.

GitRDone

Quote Originally Posted by area51steve View Post
    If you think kitna is average than what do you think grossman and griese are. Grossman is terrible and griese isn't much better either. The bears as an organization have had QB issues for a long time now. Kitna has had great stats last year and this year so far. The only problem is sacks which is the offensive lines problem. The bears would be 3-0 so far if they had a QB like kitna. As far as Detroit's defense, yeah they f*cked up bad last week against the eagles but going back home to a LOUD ford field will give the lions D all the fight they need to beat the bears. Detroits offense shouldn't have any problems throwing the ball at all. Will be close but the lions will prevail.
    Sorry buddy but Griese's career numbers blow Kitna's away. Look them up if you are unsure. Like I said earlier, I would rather have a backup QB (even though that backup has better career numbers than Kitna does) and a banged up defense vs an "AVERAGE" QB and a terrible defense. Lions haven't been good since Barry left and I expect no different this year. Bears will make it a 5th straight win versus the lowly Lions on Sunday.

area51steve

I disagree with your assessment of Kitna. He has a career ratio of 135 TD to 130 INT. His career passer rating of 76.8 is best defined as "average." He has only had 2 seasons (in which he played more than 10 games) that he had more TD's than INT's. His career, unless something miraculous happens, will be defined as an average NFL QB. I would rather have Brett Favre right now over Kitna anyday of the week. Your right the Bears offense is struggling right now, but the change to Griese will provide a much needed spark and factor in that they are playing one of the worse defenses in the NFL and you'll see why the Bears will win Sunday.
    I would also take Favre over Kitna. Favre is a hall a famer and I won't deny that. Kitna does turn the ball over but he more than makes up for it with passing yards. Not to mention the heart that Kitna has to suffer a concussion, not remember what happened, and still come in the game to finish off the vikings. Thats what Detroit has needed at QB. A leader that will fight to the finish. As far as the bears defense, they are down 5 starters and they won't be able to stop Roy, Calvin, Mike, and Shaun and if they try the lions will just run the ball down the bears throat.

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19727

Lions are a live money line play. I am glad I wasn't right about my Kitna prediction last week. he wasn't killed, just pummelled severely. There should be a lot of points again this week. Only nervous because of the take the under in the week following a huge over trend

area51steve

I also forgot to mention Kitna is #1 in the league in passing yards so far this year. What QBs are under him? Palmer, Brady, and Peyton Manning to name a few. How about that?

slacker00

Don't get too caught up in comparing numbers, boys. If Griese's numbers are so great, why wasn't he starting this whole time? Unless you're playing fantasy football, numbers are subject to interpretation. Kitna isn't going to the HOF, but he still blows the doors of players like Griese.

bside
    bside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry buddy but Griese's career numbers blow Kitna's away. Look them up if you are unsure. Like I said earlier, I would rather have a backup QB (even though that backup has better career numbers than Kitna does) and a banged up defense vs an "AVERAGE" QB and a terrible defense. Lions haven't been good since Barry left and I expect no different this year. Bears will make it a 5th straight win versus the lowly Lions on Sunday.
    I didn't bother to look up Griese's numbers but I can assure you he is pretty efficient at quarterback as long as the Offensive coordinator limits the play book to seven yard slants and the screen pass. Griese can not throw a ten yard out much less the deep ball to Bernard. Not sure how this move will help the Bears. What never shows up in griese's numbers is the timing of his mistakes. He was always good for a pick on the game winning drive or the sack-fumble/hand-off to the DE.

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

am baffled by this one , but I clicked bears -2.5 and over on this thread .