imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think Dolphins -4 is a really good play. Let's talk about this a bit....

Dolphins -4

Is there any reason why the Dolphins aren't going to win this game by more than 4?

Would like some thoughts on the game and possible line movement. I'd like to see -3.5 or -3 (-120).

Thanks SBR cappers

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm likely going to be on the Raiders. Why? Only cause Ace-Ace is looking at them over at therx. Check his Week 4 NFL thread out before you bet this.

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

Because Miami are crap?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I would never give more than a field goal with a team that is 0-3.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I would never give more than a field goal with a team that is 0-3.
    imgv,
    You may be right, the Fins may cover the spread...But I'm inclined to agree with LT here, it's really, really hard to get behind a team that is 0-3 for more than a field goal, even against a team as bad as the Raiders, who as we all remember, managed to piss away a 16-0 lead last week before barely holding on against the equally inept Browns.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

The Dolphins may be 0-3, but they have +.4 yd per play differential over their opponents and are only 0-3 because they are -5 in turnover differential.

Those #'s would have me looking hard at the Dolphins for a play this week.

However, teams that win their first game of the year in week 3 (to go to 1-2), are 32-11-1 ATS as a dog in week 4 (since 1985). The Raiders apply to that angle, and I don't want to go against it.

Betting on winless teams, is actually a pretty profitable strategy, but it works much better after 4 or 5 weeks, and when they are underdogs.

I'm thinking Dolphins probably win this game, but it may be just by a field goal.
    Last edited by durito; 09-26-07 at 08:50 AM.

eyeball
    eyeball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

I think Oakland wins outright, I don't think Zack Thomas is playing this week. In the Miami Herald it said : Thed Fins are a multi talented team they can loose ON OFFENSE, DEFENSE, OR SPECIAL TEAMS. I really have followed the fins since Shula's days, but the whole team is not playing together,. Trent Green is average, and I think they will find a reason to loose, fumble etc. It's rebuilding time and I think they are allready looking to next year and are talking about trading Jason Taylor. Score Oakland 27 Miami 20

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll always lay more than a FG with an 0-3 team, as long as it's not against another 0-3 team. Winless favorites against non-winless opponents after week 3 are golden.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7178

Both teams are really bad teams currently, I say stay away from this game and watch it.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

wow-
    i think oak is best play on the board

swifty
    swifty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go with the ML and take maimi

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

i tink oakland wins this outrite..putting up points and miami is just plain garbage and i disagree wit oakland bein terrible i just think they need 2 figure out some things and their a .500 team ( mayb 7-9 actually) i no thats ridiculous but i dn i like the team

oakland ml

french189
    french189's Avatar Become A Pro!

dolphins win big at home this week for prides sake

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Neither team is reliable in the least bit.......would you feel comfortable teasing either team 10pts & still say "there is no way that doesn't cover"? I wouldn't!

Yeah, ""MIAMI is winless, desperate, & @Hm"" - give me a break,

Yeah, "but OAKLAND is getting a field goal+ vs a team that so far has shown nada" (The other field goal you might need here is the one which Pollock boy Janikowski probably won't make).
    We all know this already but, Freakin CHOAKLAND has struggled & lost @Hm vs the bottom of the barrel so far......I mean COME ON! Sucks cause I'm a RAIDER fan but "it is what it is".

Gee, lets see: teams that had shown nada so far (NO on MNF had shown nada in the scoring dept.............& still haven't even @Hm on the prestigious MNF plan).

The reality is either of these two teams has just as much chance covering as the other, why play this game at all? There are plenty of other matchups in either NFL or NCAAF that are not so borderline. I think to say either team "BLOWS" the other out is almost ridiculous too......of course to cover my azz here, "anything is possible".

If I played this game with "your money", & I was hell bent on playing KC, I still wouldn't take them @ anything worse than -3. Still counting my blessings I got my 2* back last week on KC-3 vs the losing -3.5.

GL as always im!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Who is starting for Oakland at QB? Culpepper? I'm taking Miami.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

ML Miami cause Porter said so!

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

"Miami will win for prides sake?" You wager money with thoughts like that and you'll go broke.

Wasn't that what people were saying about N.O. last Monday night?

I'll take OAK and the points.

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami is garbage and them as a 4 point favorite is a waste of $$$. Take the raiders and the points and make sum money.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Raiders have played pretty tough this year and could just as easily be 3 - 0 (or at least definitely 2 - 1) as they are 1 - 2. Just team VS. team, Raiders +4 is not a bad bet.

Factor in two strong motivational factors for the Raiders;
    - Culpepper will be starting against the team that cut him loose and will be looking to show them they made the wrong move with a big game.
    - Porter guaranteeing victory... last I checked, NFL teams didn't take too kindly to being guaranteed against.

Couple these with the fact that Miami is not only mistake prone but clearly has 0 - 3 on the mind and will be trying even harder/forcing and thinking about it instead of just playing the game, they will probably be even more tense.

A Miami win by 4 wouldn't be the craziest thing in the world, but I wouldn't classify it as a "really good play" by any means.

likewhoaa
    likewhoaa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 439

Quote Originally Posted by area51steve View Post
    Miami is garbage and them as a 4 point favorite is a waste of $$$. Take the raiders and the points and make sum money.
    quoted for truthfulness.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I already got the Miami ML at -200. I'll probably pick up Raiders +4 and hope for the middle. This one probably comes down to a FG at the end, hopefully Miami's kicker is worth a spit.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gotta take the pts here I think. Dolphins couldn't even stop the mighty Jets last week and I think the Raiders defense might wind up the difference. If Culpepper plays as a game manager and not an a-hole out to show what he could have done in Miami, I like OAK outright.

sharktank1
    sharktank1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Raiders ML baby! As a single pick, take it to the bank.