Serenity
    Serenity's Avatar Become A Pro!

Comments on my picks for Week 4

Hi Guys, I'm fairly new to the betting although I've been reading the SBR forum for a few weeks! I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my bets for week 4...

Houston Texan -4 vs Atlanta Falcons +135
    Green Bay Packers +1 vs Minnesota Vikings -124
    Chicago Bears -4 vs Detroit Lions +134
    Dallas Cowboys -11.5 vs St Louis Rams -113
    Seattle Seahawks +1 vs SF 49ers -125
    Pittsburgh Steelers -5 vs Arizona Cardinals -102
    NE Patriots -7 vs Cincinnati +100
    NE Patriots ML vs Cincinnat -330

5 Team teaser +350
    Baltimore Ravens +2 vs Cleveland Browns
    Green Bay Packers +5.5 vs Minnesota Vikings
    Seattle Seahawks +5.5 vs SF 49ers
    Pittsburgh Steelers +1.5 vs Arizona Cardinals
    NE Patriots -0.5 vs Cincinnati Bengals

5 team teaser +400
    Chicago Bears +4.5 vs Detroit Lions
    Dallas Cowboys -4.5 vs St Louis Rams
    Pittsburgh steelers +1.5 vs Arizona Cardinals
    Indianapolis Colts -2.5 vs Denver Broncos
    NE Patriots pick vs Cincinnati Bengals

(All bets are 1 unit)

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

if,and i mean IF........THE PATRIOTS LOSE,i think this is a game that it might be.BENGALS AT HOME LOOKING FOR REVENGE IN THE SPOTLIGHT.I REALLY LIKE CINCI ON THE MONEYLINE AND WILL BE PLAYING IT THAT WAY NEXT WEEK

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

This is the first week that Patriot defense will be tested. The 3 offenses the Pats played were ranked 27,28 and 32. Pats d is vulnerable and it will be proven in this game, IMO.

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

This Pats D has been tested over the last several years and this may be their best one yet. If you really think Cincy's O is going to roll on this D, compared to NE rolling on Cincy's D, Good luck!!!

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

i KNOW we havent seen the best of the patriots defenses yet. no reason for bellicheck wit bring em out yet...cincy gets owned and no the defense really aint that vulnerable its as least vulnerable as u can probably get...great safeties..great cover corners and amazing linebackers not 2 mention defensive line

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know he's not going to win the Most-Lovable-Coach-of-the-Year award, but, lets face it, Belichick's defenses are seldom vulnerable. As we are scratching our heads, Belichick is probably putting in 16-hour days figuring out how to stop the Bengals in their tracks. I think the Bengals are a considerable long shot in this one, but the ML bet on them might have enough value (+295) to maybe be worth a modest bet if your gut tells you an upset is coming.

My gut tells me the Patriots are going to win this one by 10 or more. Remember, Belichick was recently accused -- rightly or wrongly -- of cheating. He's not the type to get over that real quickly. I think you are going to see the Patriots on a serious roll for a while.

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

Quote Originally Posted by regularguy View Post
    I know he's not going to win the Most-Lovable-Coach-of-the-Year award, but, lets face it, Belichick's defenses are seldom vulnerable. As we are scratching our heads, Belichick is probably putting in 16-hour days figuring out how to stop the Bengals in their tracks. I think the Bengals are a considerable long shot in this one, but the ML bet on them might have enough value (+295) to maybe be worth a modest bet if your gut tells you an upset is coming.

My gut tells me the Patriots are going to win this one by 10 or more. Remember, Belichick was recently accused -- rightly or wrongly -- of cheating. He's not the type to get over that real quickly. I think you are going to see the Patriots on a serious roll for a while.
    Finally, a voice of reason, a small modest bet on Cincy's ML is the ONLY way to play this game if your looking for a miracle. I've hit them before when fading the public at 90%, that's why they have the ML. It happens once in a while, I just don't think it happens here. BOL to all.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Quote Originally Posted by Redchevy View Post
    This Pats D has been tested over the last several years and this may be their best one yet. If you really think Cincy's O is going to roll on this D, compared to NE rolling on Cincy's D, Good luck!!!
    This is their best D yet, ha dont make me laugh.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Serenity,

First off, let me welcome you to the forum... I like some of your picks for this week and I don't know how long you have been on the wagering scene... I'm sure you have been told this before, but if you are trying to make your living betting on ROAD FAVORITES in the NFL, then your not going to get very far... Almost all of the games that you are wagering on this weekend are road favorites... I'm not saying that you won't hit them all, but chances are very slim... The teasers look good on paper, but somethin crazy can always happen... Well man, best of luck to you this weekend and in the future!

Hope those ROAD DOGS cash for ya this weekend!

ritehook
    ritehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm taking the Lions and the Cards. Hope they let that old fella K Warner play a lot more for Arizona,he almost won it last week.

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    Hi Guys, I'm fairly new to the betting although I've been reading the SBR forum for a few weeks! I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my bets for week 4...

Houston Texan -4 vs Atlanta Falcons +135
    Green Bay Packers +1 vs Minnesota Vikings -124
    Chicago Bears -4 vs Detroit Lions +134
    Dallas Cowboys -11.5 vs St Louis Rams -113
    Seattle Seahawks +1 vs SF 49ers -125
    Pittsburgh Steelers -5 vs Arizona Cardinals -102
    NE Patriots -7 vs Cincinnati +100
    NE Patriots ML vs Cincinnat -330

5 Team teaser +350
    Baltimore Ravens +2 vs Cleveland Browns
    Green Bay Packers +5.5 vs Minnesota Vikings
    Seattle Seahawks +5.5 vs SF 49ers
    Pittsburgh Steelers +1.5 vs Arizona Cardinals
    NE Patriots -0.5 vs Cincinnati Bengals

5 team teaser +400
    Chicago Bears +4.5 vs Detroit Lions
    Dallas Cowboys -4.5 vs St Louis Rams
    Pittsburgh steelers +1.5 vs Arizona Cardinals
    Indianapolis Colts -2.5 vs Denver Broncos
    NE Patriots pick vs Cincinnati Bengals

(All bets are 1 unit)
    I am having an awful year but for two stone cold big bets. the Cards last week and trhe Steelers week 1 so pinch of salt with me:

Houston Pass on this game as the Falcons have some D and can pound it out. Without Andrie I fancy Houston by 3

Green Bay V Vikings. The more I look at this the more I like Green Bay. Farve can beat the Vikings and that D will keep the points down. Maybe the under is the play.

All over the Lions here. the bears are shocking on off even if they are passing against the Lions. But that didn't help against a poor Dallas Pass D. Bears D is screwed on injury front. Kitna has the game and the WR to score like Romo did.

I like the Rams but will be taking a look at the injury status as the week goes as the Rams have a QB and Wr and will fire one day

Loving seattle as 49ers are average and not moving the ball well

My gut says Bengals are going to do something. But in theory its a good play

Serenity
    Serenity's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks guys! I've only just started wagering - didn't realise about being careful around road favourites - good to know! I want to get into wagering seriously but just starting out small Will update after Monday in case anyone's interested in a n00bies results lol