MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Quote Originally Posted by EGGY6199 View Post
    wow everyone is on the cowgirls.

Rams +13 against that pass D.

Rams +12

and the over must be the play of the week
    O yes the rams 25th ranked offense will be a tough one for Dallas to stop, especially without stephen Jackson. Stay away from this game guys, we all know the Cowboys could whoop the Rams by 20 + points easily but the Boys' did just come off an emotional road win and could take the Rams a little soft in the begginning. Good Luck it could go either way.

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

so they are doing crap now after 3 games.

They still have the weapons. If Bulger is out yes they are screwed but with:

Bulger, Holt, Bruce et al They can still score on the Cowgirls

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Steelers -6

swifty
    swifty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Prediction:

49ers 21, Seahawks 14
    49ers +2.5 (8 Units - September Pick of the Month)
    Under 41 (.5 Units)

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Houston minus 3, or 2.5. Who in their right minds are betting down the Falcons?

old threads
    old threads's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am looking for help to have a big week and I like the majority here in the Patriots and the Cowboys the closest team to me but not my favorite team. I generally lay four plays and like to have a money line and a total in it. I already laid Patriots -6.5 -112 and Cowboys -12 -110 chalk. Stay away from MNF games for the most part but playing the Pats this week end. What good total and money line is still out there if anyone has a late play on those picks?

IWishIWasRich
    IWishIWasRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

JrCaces said it for me EXCEPT the Vikings. Following New England, Pittsburgh, Dallas until they lose.

rezster
    rezster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23023

NE -7 is a lock, just like Cin -6.5 over the Browns was a lock.

hrinaz
    hrinaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't fall for the Viking trap. They will never be able to move the ball against the Packer Defense. Teams have been moving the ball through the air at will against MN. KC couldn't run it, so they put it in the hands of Damon Huard of all people and they win. Go figure. Brad Childress has no vertical passing game.

White_Tiger
    White_Tiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Cin +7. I'll wait until +7.5 or 8 but I do like to see they win this game outright. Trap game here I think.

MJFtheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by EGGY6199 View Post
    so they are doing crap now after 3 games.

They still have the weapons. If Bulger is out yes they are screwed but with:

Bulger, Holt, Bruce et al They can still score on the Cowgirls

Marc Bulger can't even score on your wife right now!!!!!!!!

perryspicks
    perryspicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Play on the NY Giants Sunday Night. Giants +3 at home is good enough for me considering how well Eli has played thus far. Don't get too excited about the Eagles one game explosion vs a Lion team that your local HS team could score on. Giants offense has played well throughout and last week put up a very good effort on the Defensive side of the ball! Play the Giants +3!

figjam
    figjam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nobody likes the SF game?

46 posts and only one person liking SF to cover as their pick of the week!

Im going with SF? They are tough at home and Seattle is shiet on the road...plus Alexander is hurt. Ive watched the seahawks this year play in a couple of games and i was not impressed at all..i feel theyre overrated.

The other thing that amazes me is to see ppl picking teams to cover high spreads as their lock (ie SD and DAllas) or road favourites, both of which I avoid as much as i can as thats just my philosophy. But good luck to you all.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rezster

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm with Dougoudou with regard to Denver. The more I look at this game the more I think I will take the points (+9.5) and put a bet on the Broncos at Indy.

The thing that catches my eye is Denver's impressive team stats. They have a solid all-around team, and an excellent defense in particular. The Broncos are 4th in AFC in total offense (Indy is 2nd), and 3rd in AFC in total defense (Indy is 5th). Denver's defense has given up an average of only 88.3 passing yards per game (best in AFC). The Broncos' defense might be able to frustrate Manning, a little bit at least.

This is a very good team that is going to lose several games. Their schedule is nasty. After Indy, they get San Diego, Pittsburgh, and Green Bay. If they keep performing the way they have been, statistically, it may be worth keeping an eye on their lines.

I think they are stinging from last weekend's home loss to the Jags, and will want this one badly. Upsetting the Colts would be a major feather in their helmets, and would get them mentioned among the elite. I believe this game is going to be a battle. The Colts may well win it, but I'll take the 9.5 points, betting it will at least be fairly close.

I'm putting a modest bet on the Broncos.
    Last edited by regularguy; 09-27-07 at 05:19 PM. Reason: neurosis

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by paul Mordeeb View Post
    I'm a big GreenBay Packer Fan. Was in the stands in 97 and 98 at both Superbowls.

Take Minn + the points. Brett Hates that dome and is good for at least one fumble and one Pick!!!!
    Common misconception...
    Favre's last 3 games at Minny (in the dome):

315/2 TD's/0 Int's (lost)
    347/2 TD's/0 Int's (win)
    365/3 TD's/1 Int (win)

So, favre is 2-1 in his last 3 at the Metrodome with an average line of 342/2.33TD's/0.33 INT's... I'd say he does OK there. It's amazing how much Favre's apparent dislike of the Metrodome has been blown out of proportion...

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by regularguy View Post
    I'm with Dougoudou with regard to Denver. The more I look at this game the more I think I will take the points (+9.5) and put a bet on the Broncos at Indy.

The thing that catches my eye is Denver's impressive team stats. They have a solid all-around team, and an excellent defense in particular. The Broncos are 4th in AFC in total offense (Indy is 2nd), and 3rd in AFC in total defense (Indy is 5th). Denver's defense has given up an average of only 88.3 passing yards per game (best in AFC). The Broncos' defense might be able to frustrate Manning, at little bit at least.

This is a very good team that is going to lose several games. Their schedule is nasty. After Indy, they get San Diego, Pittsburgh, and Green Bay. If they keep performing the way they have been, statistically, it may be worth keeping an eye on their lines.

I think they are stinging from last weekend's home loss to the Jags, and will want this one badly. Upsetting the Colts would be a major feather in their helmets, and would get them mentioned among the elite. I believe this game is going to be a battle. The Colts may well win it, but I'll take the 9.5 points, betting it will at least be fairly close.

I'm putting a modest bet on the Broncos.
    Yes, I'm on the Broncos as well. Champ will lock down on Marvin (see last year's 5-38-0 line for Marvin) and Bly will do his best to take away Wayne (certainly an upgrade over the late Darrent Williams R.I.P.) who scored all 3 TD's in last year's Indy-Denver game.

Wayne's last 2 games against Denver:
    last season: 10-138-3 (plus a two point conversion)
    2005 playoffs: 10-221-2

See a connection there???

Dre Bly may not be the shutdown CB like Champ, but he's certainly in that upper tier and is a considerable upgrade at CB against Wayne. I absolutely LOVE Denver +9.5.

MJFtheGenius

Farve is medioker and it will show against this solid vikings defense

swifty
    swifty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Prediction:
    49ers 21, Seahawks 14
    49ers +2.5 (8 Units - September Pick of the Month) Under 41 (.5 Units)

Good Luck to everyone .

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Cowboys should be lock of the month, this game looks too easy with the injuries the Rams have right now, they could be winning by 21 at half in that game possibly, the Cowboys have Buffalo next week so I don't think they will be looking ahead, next week is when it could be a good play to take Buffalo because the Cowboys could be looking ahead because after that they have New England. I think the Cowboys could win this one like 42-10 because the Rams offense right now is just like the Bears which is really bad.

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

Quote Originally Posted by rezster View Post
    I'm not saying it's a lock. Anything can happen, we all know this. The Bengals have a potent offense.

Last week, there were more than a few people who thought it was a good idea to take Buf +16 or 17 against the Pats. I can't blame anyone for taking the points in that spot.

Consider this: the Bengals D is giving up a combined 402 yards a game compared to the Pats D which is giving up 207 yards. Palmer had the game of his life against the Browns but his defense could not stop them to save their lives. Did they even stop a Brown drive in the second half.

Pats don't even have to throw the ball like crazy this week, look for them run and find holes, dominate time of possession.

Just my 2 cents.

hajune
    hajune's Avatar Become A Pro!

AN 80% TO COVER PLAY IS OCURRING THIS WEEK. MIAMI IS LIKELY TO WIN BY DOUBLE FIGURES. THERE IS A HANDICAPPING COURSE OUT THAT A MAN WHO TAUGHT HANDICAPPING IN COLLEGE IS TEACHING. TAKE IT .IT IS STATE OF THE ART AND HITS 70% IN FTBALL AND BASK. TOTALLY DIFFERENT APPROACH. 20,OOO GAME DATA BASE TO PROVE IT. HE SAYS SPORTS IS ABOUT ABILITY+RESERVE ENERGY +MOTIVATION. HE TAKES 4 MAJOR FACTORS AND WEIGHS THEM OUT!! IT WORKS AND YOU WILL NEVER HANDICAP THE SAME WAY AGAIN. I TOOK IT AND I HAVE SUPREME CONFIDENCE IN PICKS. IT HAS HIT 70% OF TIME AND YOU GET SEVERAL PLAYS A WEEK. E-MAIL ME .hajune33@yahoo.com

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

Quote Originally Posted by hajune View Post
    AN 80% TO COVER PLAY IS OCURRING THIS WEEK. MIAMI IS LIKELY TO WIN BY DOUBLE FIGURES. THERE IS A HANDICAPPING COURSE OUT THAT A MAN WHO TAUGHT HANDICAPPING IN COLLEGE IS TEACHING. TAKE IT .IT IS STATE OF THE ART AND HITS 70% IN FTBALL AND BASK. TOTALLY DIFFERENT APPROACH. 20,OOO GAME DATA BASE TO PROVE IT. HE SAYS SPORTS IS ABOUT ABILITY+RESERVE ENERGY +MOTIVATION. HE TAKES 4 MAJOR FACTORS AND WEIGHS THEM OUT!! IT WORKS AND YOU WILL NEVER HANDICAP THE SAME WAY AGAIN. I TOOK IT AND I HAVE SUPREME CONFIDENCE IN PICKS. IT HAS HIT 70% OF TIME AND YOU GET SEVERAL PLAYS A WEEK. E-MAIL ME .hajune33@yahoo.com

Keep your spam crap out of here son. No one's f!@#ing emailing you....so beat it.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JBC77 View Post
    Give me one play for Week 4 you feel confident about
    See? You asked for one and you probably got every game covered.

Next time ask for ALL game picks and you'll probably get one.

MOONCRICKET
    MOONCRICKET's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

I Love san diego with a capital L this week. LT will break loose finally and this will be a 48-10 waxing. KC is awful. Minnesota is a different team at home and i give the edge to minny in this one over GB. The world is on dallas and the line is up to 14 everywhere. its just so tough to lay 14 in the nfl so im staying off this one. this week IMO the value is in college with a big double up on san diego followed by 25 % of this weeks profit on new england teased -1 to the under 58. BOL everyone.

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MOONCRICKET View Post
    I Love san diego with a capital L this week. LT will break loose finally and this will be a 48-10 waxing. KC is awful. Minnesota is a different team at home and i give the edge to minny in this one over GB. The world is on dallas and the line is up to 14 everywhere. its just so tough to lay 14 in the nfl so im staying off this one. this week IMO the value is in college with a big double up on san diego followed by 25 % of this weeks profit on new england teased -1 to the under 58. BOL everyone.

I like the chargers play. They will wake up as they are a good team.

Chargers all the way

likewhoaa
    likewhoaa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 439

Quote Originally Posted by shrax4 View Post
    I really don't like this week in the NFL. The only I bet I have is Pitt at -6. I'm considering playing Oakland +4 but that would probably be the extent of my week.
    Pitt is as sure a bet as u can find this week.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by likewhoaa View Post
    Pitt is as sure a bet as u can find this week.

Nice sig likewhoaa
    Last edited by onlooker; 09-28-07 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Realized this was a NFL discussion. Likewhoaa's sig distracted me.

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

4 major factors ?

Quote Originally Posted by hajune View Post
    AN 80% TO COVER PLAY IS OCURRING THIS WEEK. MIAMI IS LIKELY TO WIN BY DOUBLE F HE SAYS SPORTS IS ABOUT ABILITY+RESERVE ENERGY +MOTIVATION. HE TAKES 4 MAJOR FACTORS AND WEIGHS THEM OUT!!
    You gave 3 factors , what is the 4th factor ? The # of happy dreams the qb hd the night before plus x = z = xy for production ?
    NFL games swing in a teams favor in so many bs ways . The qb makes or breaks the majority of games in the NFL . If you really watch an entire game and analyze you will see this Hajune .
    I dont doubt a good record though , for the record .

My best play for this thread is the struggling Chargers - 11.5

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

People, the Chargers lost on the road to the best team in the AFC and on the road to the best team in the NFC. There's a difference in "struggling", and "playing very, very good teams". If the Chargers lose or barely win this week, they're struggling. Right now, their record indicates their schedule more than some drop off from last season.

MJFtheGenius

Haha the Packers the best team in the NFC, your an idiot

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got Steelers at -5.5

EJandV

Hoping they are a real $maker !

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    People, the Chargers lost on the road to the best team in the AFC and on the road to the best team in the NFC. There's a difference in "struggling", and "playing very, very good teams". If the Chargers lose or barely win this week, they're struggling. Right now, their record indicates their schedule more than some drop off from last season.
    ( Right , maybe struggling is too strong a word would be the easy way out as to not create some debate . hahahaha )Maaaaaaaybeeee I meant they were not dominant as of yet ? nah they have been struggle struggle struggle . I was banking on them to rip the Pats and keep it close , the Packers game are you kiddin me , to win convincingly ? better ? to just win ?
    Instead they get blown out at the Pats and then lose at the Packers , a team I see as no better than a 500 team . I dont care what people say about the Packers , they are a lemon and will show just that sooner than later .
    So , the team I was backing to be 13 - 3 at the worst drops 2 of the first 3 games . I would say that is struggle struggle struggle all day .
    Rivers can make you a genius / wealthy , or he can make you look like a fool and you lose your money , is no way around this cause and effect rule for every game >>> ALWAYS .
    How will he perform ? He gives the ball away then what ? He muffs the handoff in the other teams territory then what ?

They would still be struggling , one man can make or break a 60% cappers dreams in two in one play .
    Is always tooooooooooo ez to say I WAS RIGHT AFTER THE GAME GOES FINAL .

I like the Chargers -11.5 to break out , will they ? I hope so .
    Is a fukkin struggle or I would bet 5 grand on the team sunday .
    I had my wife chant last year >>> "I'm a chargers fan " some bs like that , why ? They were not struggling last year , they were a nice moneymaker , which they HAVE NOT BEEN thus far in 07 .
    I do respect your confidence in SD though ......a visit from the Chiefs with SD rolling over them will no doubt make some fall into a brainwashed happy feelin category and people will say ooooohhhh yeah I knew the Chargers were the bomb , the dominant bunch !!! is funny , reeeeeally . Note : confidence is a big key to open up the azz whippin . Go SD !!!
    Last edited by EJandV; 09-29-07 at 01:28 AM.

EJandV

Feedback prediction so not to confuse >>> SD 34 - 10

ws1975
    ws1975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

Miami -4 at home against Oakland.

First 123 Last