pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

BS no call at end of half !!!

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9426

Home timekeeper taking one for the team. Lets 2 seconds run off when the play was clearly dead.

How is the time not reviewable?

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

dont make any sense, strange game all the way around

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

bears r doin shit if u took dallas id b really happy rite now if i was u

Seattle Slew

NBC showed the replay and Michaels showed why Ron Wynter is an idiot. He was winding his arms for the clock to run when he should have signaled dead ball after the tackle. Meaning he didn't know it was fourth down.

The ref should be suspended for that. Pure incompetence revealed in front of millions of people.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    NBC showed the replay and Michaels showed why Ron Wynter is an idiot. He was winding his arms for the clock to run when he should have signaled dead ball after the tackle. Meaning he didn't know it was fourth down.

The ref should be suspended for that. Pure incompetence revealed in front of millions of people.
    I agree, they should suspend him.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

You guys are forgetting something... There was a holding call... That is an AUTOMATIC 10 second run off... It was the right call... I know the holding call was declined but you can't decline the run off...

Seattle Slew

No, it's not. The 10-second runoff happens on plays when the clock is running and the offense commits a false start penalty.

The clock was not running when Grossman took the snap. Where did you get that? The announcers didn't mention a 10-second runoff?

Wynter mentioned something about an offensive foul ending the half, meaning the Bears couldn't run another play. But Dallas could if the clock was 0:02.

Quote Originally Posted by ShamsWoof10 View Post
    You guys are forgetting something... There was a holding call... That is an AUTOMATIC 10 second run off... It was the right call... I know the holding call was declined but you can't decline the run off...

Last edited by Seattle Slew; 09-23-07 at 11:44 PM.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Even more stupid are the Bears for not spiking the ball with say 2 seconds left opposed to 6 seconds to avoid a situation like that.....

Seattle Slew

Good point. Lovie Smith makes a lot of errors like that. I don't think he's a very good in-game coach.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Even more stupid are the Bears for not spiking the ball with say 2 seconds left opposed to 6 seconds to avoid a situation like that.....

french189
    french189's Avatar Become A Pro!

just how many good headcoaches are ther??
    less than 10

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    No, it's not. The 10-second runoff happens on plays when the clock is running and the offense commits a false start penalty.
    Yeah you're right it's only on false starts. illegal shifts, or illegal motion IF the clock is running BEFORE the snap...

My error.. That is interesting that the replay booth didn't even review it... Time is reviewable... Well each week on the NFL Network the head of officals reviews questionable calls over the past week so maybe they will mention this one..