imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I hope the Broncos win this week so I can hammer the Colts next week.

Anyone hoping for the same thing for the same reason?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Good point. I love the Colts hosting Denver. With a Denver win this weekend, the line maybe opens at Colts -7. Do you really think a Denver loss will cost them that much? Colts -8?! It probably moves the line across the 7, I guess.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4567

Good luck with that, I don't think the Jaguars will thump the Broncos on Sunday. That Broncos at Colts game should be a good one next week. But no way I can say right now if I will be on either side of that match up.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    Good luck with that, I don't think the Jaguars will thump the Broncos on Sunday. That Broncos at Colts game should be a good one next week. But no way I can say right now if I will be on either side of that match up.
    If I were not playing the Broncs, I would actually be hoping for the exact opposite. A Broncos defeat, pushing the line to 7.5 or so and playing (not hammering) the Broncos for a 1.5-2 Unit play. Last year, Manning had a nice day, connecting with Wayne. BUT, with Bly now shadowing Wayne, you've got two shutdown corners
    (granted, one takes a few more risks and jumps routes that he shouldn't try to jump-Bly-)... On the other hand, the Colts Defense looks really good, but can they stop Henry? Bob Sanders can't make EVERY play in their secondary and with Marshall becoming a quiet star in the making, Cutler has a few weapons downfield. I'd be very wary of laying 7.5+ (even in Indy) to a team with the number one offense and the best secondary in the league. On the other hand, Dallas Clark, Gonzalez, and Utecht could have nice days, and Addai will certainly have a nice day. I just think 7.5 is too much, if that is indeed what you are looking at. Personally, I think that line sits at 6.5 or 7, regardless of outcome today, unless the Jags are able to throw against Denver. By my count, the Broncos have given up a net 125 passing yards through 2 games ...

jonmic
    jonmic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9062

I like the Broncos

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    Anyone hoping for the same thing for the same reason?
    GV,

I think the Broncos will work the Jags over tomorrow... I believe the Colts will show tomorrow why we are the Champs! The Texans roll into this game with a little cockiness and its time that the Colts show them that it aint easy playin with the big boys! I'm on the same page with Baba in saying that the line will be around a TD or so regardless of how either plays...

If it is anything below 7, I will hammer it though... The DOME is worth atleast a score plus!

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I hope 2 see Indy -6.5

babaoriley

Exactly how do you guys (IMGV & P2M) see the Denver-Indy game playing out? I see a very, very close game with a possible Denver win. Even Manning won't throw at Bailey (see 2006 matchup where all 3 passing TD's went to Wayne)... And Bly is a once-overrated CB who actually is realizing his potential. He's top-10 CB under Champ's tutelage. I just think this is a particularly bad matchup for Indy. I'll pound Denver at +7, or hit the Denver ML softly at +6.5.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    I hope 2 see Indy -6.5
    It would be nice. Denver has to show something special today to see the line move below the 7. Face it, week 1 & 2 were wins, but just barely, and against fairly middling teams. Not terribly convincing. If Denver completely blows out Jax, then we could see Colts -6 1/2, especially if the Colts play the Titans close this week.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I'd sell 20 points OVER the line and still take the colts over denver.

Good point on Denver winning this week, though. I'm hammering the Colts no matter what on that game. Talk about pure pwnage. Denver just becomes a totally different team when they get Indy. They just can't do anything but turn it over and give up touchdowns.

babaoriley

Looks like one game I'll be against the board on next week... Complete pwnage doesn't apply when a team has a new QB, RB, shutdown corner (Cutler as opposed to Plummer, Henry as opposed to Tatum Bell/Mike Bell, And Dre Bly over the late Darrent Williams (who was torched for all three Manning to Wayne TD's last year)---again, even Manning won't throw at Champ. Completely different team and I'll be playing Denver at +7 or more.