dmiles1021
    YouWager.eu
    dmiles1021's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lions +7 Any1?

anyone like the lions, i think they will cover the spread agaist a beat up Philly D.

Skankdog
    Skankdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

dmiles,
    that is one of my plays this week. I agree, the Lions will score with those big WRs. I like the lions to cover here for sure

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19727

A few thoughts..take it for what its worth I am a Lions fan. First, Philly will be incredibly motivated for a must win game after starting flat. They have the talent and they will put it all on the line 0-3 start might as well be the end of the year for them. Phillys DBs might have a field day and Kitna will get killed if the Lions continue to not even try to establish a running game. If the Lions cover it will only be because of a BS TD at the end. Risky for a major punt. After all of that I did take the Lions in the contest. What a homer

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

mcnabb is scared and i dnt see lions even losing tis game

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's what everyone was saying when they were 0-1. They don't have the talent. Who is McNabb going to throw to? Their receivers suck. Guess what their playmaker had an MRI. HRM I don't think he is going to be 100% if he is going in for an MRI. Westbrook has a sprained knee!
    Last edited by moneyplays; 09-19-07 at 10:27 PM.

nostradamusX
    nostradamusX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by moneyplays View Post
    That's what everyone was saying when they were 0-1. They don't have the talent. Who is McNabb going to throw to? Their receivers suck.
    You're right Money but I think the Eagles will take this one because their D/C loves to blitz. And I think McNabb finds a way to get it done. This will come down to them getting at Kitna after that concusion last week.

I'm staying away though.

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm with the eagles here. Lions D will not hold them.

They do have kevin Francis who can catch and I am sure westbrook will play hurt. The lion will not get running game going and Kitna will get 3 TDs with 4 ints.

dmiles1021
    YouWager.eu
    dmiles1021's Avatar Become A Pro!

haha eggy u crazy, kitna has been doing great and this will follow him to Philly, hes got too good of wide outs not to. the eagles are beat up and mcnabb does not look great whatsoever. with the Lions getting 7 points you would be crazy to take eagles minus the touchdown.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

The only play is the Lions, especially at 7.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eagles -6, first bet I made this week. I'm ****ed because half my fantasy team is Lions players, but I think they will really struggle here.

swifty
    swifty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lions 41, Eagles 15

Detroit Lions (2-0) at Philadelphia Eagles (0-2)
    Line: Eagles by 6. Total: 44.
    (Before Week 2): Eagles -7.
    (After Week 2): Eagles -4.5.
    Sunday, 1:00 ET -

The Game. Edge: Lions.
    Injuries: LIONS: OUT: S Daniel Bullocks. EAGLES: QUESTIONABLE: CB Lito Sheppard, S Brian Dawkins.

Does anyone else feel like the Detroit Lions are the Texas Tech Red Raiders of the NFL? Texas Tech perennially builds a pristine record by beating up on the Alaska States and the Mid-Southwestern Eastern North Dakota of Mississippi Techs of the college football world with their gimmicky offensive system. But when they battle Texas and Oklahoma, they stand no chance. The Lions look like they're utilizing the same strategy, slaying the Raiders and Vikings by passing the ball on almost every single down.

Just look at the numbers: Mike Martz has called 107 pass plays, opposed to just 34 running plays. And of those 34, two were end-arounds! Yet, people refer to Martz as a genius. Why, because he puts up points despite forgetting half his playbook in his hotel room?

If the Lions are Texas Tech, the Eagles are clearly the Michigan Wolverines. Fans of both teams want to jettison the head coach. Chad Henne and Donovan McNabb are both injured and underachieving. The young quarterbacks of each squad are poised to become the full-time starters any week now. And, only the running backs are providing any sort of spark on either offense.

The Eagles look like they're playing dead. There's no emotion from McNabb or anyone else on the team. In fact, Suzy Kolber reported that Kevin Kolb was the only one showing any signs of life when the team was trailing by four at halftime on Monday night. McNabb, who obviously hasn't recovered from his knee injury, is overthrowing his receivers on nearly every down. When he's on target, he has to force throws into a group of wide outs who simply can't get open. Why is Kevin Curtis a No. 1? Where is Reggie Brown? Why is Jason Avant the most productive receiver on this team? What happened to Brent Celek, who looked like a great replacement for the unreliable L.J. Smith in the preseason? Brian Westbrook is the only playmaker on Philadelphia's offense.

After his 20-12 loss to Washington, Andy Reid said that his team is just "a hair away." A hair away from what, getting blown out? The Redskins dropped several passes on Monday night. Jason Campbell missed a wide-open Santana Moss for an easy touchdown in the fourth quarter. And the Eagles happened to be recipients of a fumble that was unjustly overturned by an official early in the second half. Washington could have easily won by 20 or more. If Philadelphia had problems stopping the Redskins' mediocre offense, how in the world are they going to contain Jon Kitna and his calvalry of wide receivers? If the Eagles can't get any pressure on Kitna - they registered no sacks on Campbell - Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, Mike Furrey and Shaun McDonald will all have a field day against a sub-par linebacking corps, and a secondary featuring a corner who can't cover anyone (William James-Peterson), an aging free safety who was hurt on Monday night (Brian Dawkins) and a lackluster strong safety (Sean Considine).

I think the wrong team is favored. The Lions, who are playing with much more heart and passion than Philadelphia, are an upstart squad looking to make a statement against an opponent that was four points away from going to the NFC Championship last year. The Eagles, meanwhile, are regressing.

The Psychology. Edge: None.
    I'd say the Eagles are desperate for a win, but they just look like a dead, disorganized team right now.

The Vegas. Edge: Eagles.
    Though the line is high, I think bettors will lay the points with the Eagles in a must-win situation.

Percentage of money on Detroit: 92% (7,000 bets)

The Trends. Edge: Eagles.
    Eagles are 41-25 ATS vs. NFC opponents since 2001.
    Donovan McNabb is 14-9 ATS after a loss since 2001.
    Opening Line: Eagles -7.
    Opening Total: 44.5.
    Weather: Sunny, 80 degrees. Light wind.

Fantasy Spin.
    Start Em: Jon Kitna, Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, Mike Furrey, Shaun McDonald, Brian Westbrook.
    Sit Em: Eagles Receivers and Defense.

Prediction: Lions 41, Eagles 15
    Lions +6 (2 Units - Money Pick)
    Over 44 (.5 Units)