pwdump
    pwdump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Survior Pool - Week 3

Looks like NE is the easy pick. If you want to save them, I like Washington.

Some will take Pitt and NO, but they still scare me.

jrcaces
    jrcaces's Avatar Become A Pro!

titans > saints

jrcaces
    jrcaces's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think pitt. will cover and I like the redskins. I'am pretty sure pats will cover but staying away from that one.

pwdump
    pwdump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

well, i was referring to the survivor pool where you just pick one winner SU each week, so not too worried about covering

thanks for your opinion though and gl

Cabo
    Cabo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22711

New England is the big pick, Pitt would be my second selection.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

If you want to save New England until later I would take Pittsburgh as my second selection, if you want to take someone that you can probably use early I would take Tampa Bay or Washington, both of them are play really terrible football teams this week.

LisaA
    LisaA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Week 3

Who can give me picks for this week? I'm going with NE, Pitts, TB, Wash and NO so far. What about the rest?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I'm taking Pittsburgh and saving NE. There's going to be a week in there somewhere with no huge favs, that's when I'll pull out my NE wildcard. Hopefully, everyone else will have used NE by then.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you're really playing to win, take the Raiders. It's the perfect spot to fade the Browns anyway, and no one else in your league will be taking the Raiders any time soon.

SFink
    SFink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Raiders would be to much of a gamble to me...
    I mean I want to save NE for later, but then again I need to survive

As for Pittsburgh, I dunno why but I think the niners could surprise.

I kind of like the Eagles, and the Broncos.

But my pick would go on the Saints (despite the horrible start for them so far) I kind of draw my gameplan for the first 5-6 weeks before the start of the year, and the Saints to me were the perfect fit for week#3, but now they seem a bit scarier.. But they aint gonna finish 0-16 are they !? So this week seems like a good one to pick up win #1.

gnx168
    gnx168's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi guys

I just joined the board, Hi to all
    I'm in a survior pool also and for week 1 I used Pitt and week 2 I used Balt.
    I 'm telling you week 3 is alittle tough. I'm thinking Carolina or Washington... OR do you think Tampa can win this week.

SFink
    SFink's Avatar Become A Pro!

you'd need to have alot of guts to user Tampa in a survivor pool.... Carolina and Washington would be alot safer... But Denver and Philly are even better, and of course the Saints are THE pick to make

gnx168

Well I was a little nervious if I went with Tampa like you said.
    So I guess I'll go with carolina this week and see what happens.
    Thanks

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by SFink View Post
    Raiders would be to much of a gamble to me...
    I mean I want to save NE for later, but then again I need to survive

As for Pittsburgh, I dunno why but I think the niners could surprise.

I kind of like the Eagles, and the Broncos.

But my pick would go on the Saints (despite the horrible start for them so far) I kind of draw my gameplan for the first 5-6 weeks before the start of the year, and the Saints to me were the perfect fit for week#3, but now they seem a bit scarier.. But they aint gonna finish 0-16 are they !? So this week seems like a good one to pick up win #1.
    Taking the Saints is a bad move, IMO. It's just bad timing. The Saints just don't seem to be clicking yet. They'll get it sorted out later in the season, probably. There will absolutely be a better time to take the Saints further down the road. Taking them right now is really risky, IMO. The only angle I imagine for the Saints is the home crowd "magic" they got last season for their home opener. One big difference is that the Titans aren't the Falcons. I'm picking the Titans to win this one outright.

If you're backup is Eagles/Broncos, I'd pass on the Eagles for similar reasons. McNabb just doesn't seem right, yet. He'll probably get it straight at some point this season, but he isn't there yet. I love the Broncos with Jax coming to town, so I'd go with them if you force me to pick between Den/NO/Philly. But like NO & Philly, I think Denver might have a better spot to take them down the road. Like I said above, this is the week to burn up Pittsburgh if you're looking to save NE. Otherwise you're rolling the dice and still burning up teams that are usable down the road.

gnx168

I made it to another week, I picked Carolina and made it.
    Now for week #4 what are you guys looking at ?