Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chiefs -2! Let's analyze this matchup guys...

I have read in a few other threads that a bunch of people are on the Chiefs already @ 3 or 2.5... This line has gone down a point already. Do we think it will go down more or stay where it is at? I really think this is a great spot for the Chiefs... Vikings on the 2nd game of a back-to-back road trip... Chiefs looked pretty solid moving the ball against the Bears yesterday... LJ seemed to be chewing up some yardage and even if Croyle has to play, I think the Chiefs will cover the low spread here just on the motivation from their crowd... Arrowhead is one of the toughest places in the NFL to play, with 85,000 strong, and this is the Chiefs HOME OPENER!!! I really think this might be a spot for a 4-6 unit play...

Anyone and everyone chime in on your thoughts on this game... Anyone know the status of Tavarius Jackson? I know Bollinger came in, in OT yesterday...

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really don't think Larry will have a big game against that run defense of Minnesota. More thoughts later, it's still a little early and I haven't really considered this game much.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Chiefs home field is a huge factor. Isn't this the Vikings first game outside a dome this season?

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Minny's run defense was the best in the league a year ago, so I'm not sure this is the game LJ breaks out. That being said, I like this play. KC's obviously down this season, but the defense is still quite good, and they have arguably the fastest LB core in the AFC, so AP figures to have a difficult time on the ground as well. This will put all the pressure on Tarvaris (assuming he's still the starter), and you'd have to be the most diehard Vikes' fan to anticipate him having a productive day at Arrowhead. He's simply a horrific QB with absolutely no confidence at the moment. The combination of LJ, Tony Gonzalez and rookie Dwayne Bowe should help KC put up enough points for the cover.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I'm buying Chiefs -1 1/2 -110 as soon as my Redskins bets are graded. Anyone betting Minny is just being silly.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    Chiefs home field is a huge factor. Isn't this the Vikings first game outside a dome this season?
    Yeah it sure is GV... They played @ home the first week of the season vs. Atlanta and just played @ Detroit in the friendly confines of Ford Field! I really think the Chiefs have a huge HOME FIELD advantage in this one... Their crowd should be really into this one on Sunday with it being their home opener!

imgv94

Let's win this one guys.

This is the SBR Special. LOL

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

Completely agree. Chiefs are due for a decent game and Arrrowhead is a huge advantage. Minny QB's are going to have some seroius issues against a good KC defense that has yet to play at Arrowhead. Chiefs by 2 scores in this one.

sirwinzalot
    sirwinzalot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Tried to dick around getting this matched at Matchbook for low juice, then saw it at 3 or 2 1/2 with high juice and jumped on it at WSEX while I still could get -2.5 -110.

Chiefs will roll in this one. Jackson will screw up here and Chiefs defense will get turnovers. Their defense is the most underrated in the NFL. Offense will look better here, Vikings backers will wonder what they were thinking taking the points.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I haven't capped NFL closely yet this week, but Chiefs do fall into a couple of negative "Home Favorites off of a loss" September angles. See the "Playing against NFL teams off a loss in September" thread.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I haven't capped NFL closely yet this week, but Chiefs do fall into a couple of negative "Home Favorites off of a loss" September angles. See the "Playing against NFL teams off a loss in September" thread.
    LT, thanks for the info bud, but I'm gonna roll with my instincts on this one... The Arrowhead fans will have their boys pumped up for this one and hungry to get a "W"! I really think the Chiefs will come to play on Sunday!

imgv94

Peyton this is for the SBR gang..

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chiefs -2 (opening line at Pinnacle) looks good to me too. Based on my recently upgraded understanding of the Pinnacle lean, this one gets the nod. And in L5 years MIN is only 1-7 ATS as road dog of a FG or less.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 09-21-07 at 12:38 PM.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm potentially worried that Holcomb will start. In his past he has been known for coming in as a stop-gap QB (when QB #1 goes down and QB #2 just isn't that good) and has put up some decent numbers. That said, who exactly does he have to throw to? Bobby Wade, Sidney Rice, and Troy Williamson??? I agree that KC is the choice here, but let's face it: at this point they may very well be the worst team in the NFL. Not one of the worst, *THE* worst. That said, Arrowhead is good for 3 points, and Arrowhead against a shaky QB with no WR corps is worth anywhere from 6-10 points. I'll lay 2.5, but not too heavily.

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

taking the chiefs mainly due to being home against a below average team. i don't see LJ running wild, but hopefully Huard can complete enough passes to keep the Minn Defense honest. For me this game will come down to turnovers, and whoever is the Minn QB i expect a couple of picks for KC to capitalize on

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

Holcomb starting is not a positive for Chiefs. Jackson would have been a much better start for the Chiefs. I still think the Chiefs are a solid play here. Don't forget Jared Allen is back for KC's defense and that guy thrives off Arrowhead. He is good for at least 1-2 big plays on defense, QB strip, INT, etc.

imgv94

I think Arrowhead is good for 5-7 points myself.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Hell with Holcomb starting in this one fellas... I knew him for 5 years when I worked with the Colts... The guy is way too up and down... Yeah he has talent, but an overwhelming amount and the ability to overcome the Arrowhead crowd this weekend? I don't think so... Especially with the receiving core that he has on that Vikings squad! Good Luck Chuck if you are on the Vikings this Sunday because the Chiefs will get their first victory of the season this Sunday and do it in solid fashion!

If you don't play this one, don't say IMGV and I didn't tell you to do so! I may have up to 6 units on this one by gametime... 3 @ the time being!

bbyhill
    bbyhill's Avatar Become A Pro!

ill take the vikes against a sorry chiefs team .peterson can run on grass like he did in oklahoma and already prove he can run.

Nismo
    Nismo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4344

Always had respect for coach Edwards but after watching last weeks matchup with the Bears I wouldnt put 6 units on this. Arrowhead is tough but how many times did he kick to Hester? Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. Bears defense played a little better than expected towards the end or the Chiefs could have won the game if not for kicking to the only weapon on that team. After the hold out and playing against an underated Texans defense and outstanding Bears defense LJ should be rolling this week but not 6 units worth.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by Nismo View Post
    Always had respect for coach Edwards but after watching last weeks matchup with the Bears I wouldnt put 6 units on this. Arrowhead is tough but how many times did he kick to Hester? Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. Bears defense played a little better than expected towards the end or the Chiefs could have won the game if not for kicking to the only weapon on that team. After the hold out and playing against an underated Texans defense and outstanding Bears defense LJ should be rolling this week but not 6 units worth.
    Never said that was a done deal there man... You give every reason in the world as to why I think I should have 5 or 6 units on this play... My thoughts on this game are exactly how I felt about the Pats game last Sunday... I realize that the Pats are a LOT more dependable team, but I really have the same thinking as GV here in saying that Arrowhead is almost worth a TD in Chiefs home games... If there was ever a better spot to bet the Chiefs, I really would like to know... Home opener, haven't won a game, but they have momentum from playing the Bears tough... Chiefs take this one tomorrow and cover the small spread!!!

THATS NICE, BUT WHO IN THE HELL ARE THE "CHEFS"?
    GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY! HAHA