moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lost my A$$

I won a ton in college this week and then I turned around and gave it back betting on the NFL. I only bet four games (large amount) and lost all four. I can't remember losing this bad before ever. My morale is down and I feel like crying. Hope everyone did better than me.

mp

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

MP,
    Keep the faith. The sun will come up tomorrow. And there is always MNF! :-)

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bro, there's always roller coaster rides in the beginning of the season. Things will settle down, I went 5-2 first week, 1-4 this week, I'm looking forward to a few days of rest and getting ready to analyze the games next week. Cheer up!

jonmic
    jonmic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9062

that sucks, stop betting all the favorites

Don Dollars
    Don Dollars's Avatar Become A Pro!

Horrible day for the public.

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by moneyplays View Post
    I won a ton in college this week and then I turned around and gave it back betting on the NFL. I only bet four games (large amount) and lost all four. I can't remember losing this bad before ever. My morale is down and I feel like crying. Hope everyone did better than me.

mp
    Just like u won a ton, u can also go 0-4. Stay on your track. Keep focus and dont let the slide impact u too much for Week 3. When your confidence tinkers down, so will the quality of your Picks.
    Take some time off completely. Refresh and rejuvenate. Then get back to number crunching and homework analysis.
    It's only one week moneyplays.
    GL next week

eglickman
    eglickman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry about your losses. I like Washington +7. Washington is underrated, and the Eagles aren't as good as they used to be. If the Eagles win, it'll probably be close.

icemantbi
    icemantbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Hey Money, I feel you man. Rather than cutting up my bets and playing 4 games this week, I put it all on Cinci and lost huge. Take your losses as a learning experience. Still a lot of games to go, so it won't take long for all of us to recoup our losses.

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JAHgger4noz View Post
    Just like u won a ton, u can also go 0-4. Stay on your track. Keep focus and dont let the slide impact u too much for Week 3. When your confidence tinkers down, so will the quality of your Picks.
    Take some time off completely. Refresh and rejuvenate. Then get back to number crunching and homework analysis.
    It's only one week moneyplays.
    GL next week
    Thanks JaHgger4noz for the ladies as it makes me smile

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Time to regroup and focus on this week. Week 2 of the NFL was brutal!

pegasis0066
    pegasis0066's Avatar Become A Pro!

mp
    It was those damn Bengals, wasn't it? I made the mistake of driving up from Cincy to attend that game. It was fugly.

I have renounced my support of that team until they address that piece of sh#t defense ... and oh, and special teams that have now given up over 400 return yards in just two games.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

mp
    Damn man. Please learn some money management skillz.

I use the simplistic approach, 1% of my bankroll per play. If I feel a need to bet more, I roll up my sleeves and 'cap more games. Earning money is all about work. IMO, there isn't enough value in Kelly betting, so wouldn't don't bother, unless I could statistically quantify my best plays over a long period of time and have a track record of a large number of plays. I don't know anyone on this forum that can do that.

I wish you the best, man, because I think you're a decent 'capper from what I've read so far. I don't want you to end up missing from the forum one day because you went broke! Stick around and let's work together to win some money.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I did the same thing (winning on college losing on pro). I got mad and made a large bet on the SD/NE game to go over 46. Then I got scared and hedged the bet at halftime. Should have let it ride, even though it was piss poor money management!

GetMoney
    GetMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!

I did the opposite...I went 5 for 11 on CFB but saved myself a bit winning florida atl +225......then i went 8-1 on NFL..

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Wow, my same shiit went 3-1 college, 0-2 NFL Cincy fvcked me hard that game wasn't even enjoyable (unless u bet the over) took me down 5 units then I liked Chargers for the half. Didn't even get a rush out of that wager. It was over on the first drive. Think my motto this year will be bet Saturday NCAA and only if I find something great would I take NFL action. Im tired of watching my

Spyder31
    Spyder31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

dont feel bad. youre not alone. New Orleans hurt me yesterday. I made up for it a little on the Cowboys game but was too scared to put up enought to recoup everything. KC helped